Back from another... TRIP TO VALVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanthanide said:
You wouldn't write a secret directory on a board in ROT13 with a note saying ROT13 with another message also saying "hello, tour visitors" if you didn't want people to go to that directory. The thing is, what's the user/pass for it?
Therefore the smilies.

All this reminds me of the times when the whole Atari community was eyeing in on Epic Games when they were about to release UT2k3 :) CliffeB & others were posting papers with countdown code (C++ code) in front of webcams to tease us for days!

merc said:
not gonna say

-merc

so in terms of a rating on 1 to 10 of what you played,what would you give half life in these catagories

graphics-

gameplay-

excitement-

leetness of weapons-

physics and how they work-

overall pwnability-

Dedatorv said:
Lol I think VALVe just emailed him and told him to just play along and supplied him with that picture.

that didnt email me to play along and i actually took this picture and resized it and everything... i guarantee this is a pic by me when no valve employees were around :)

-merc

merc, if you did slip something, you know we'd kill you, or atleast i would

Here, look at my attachment...

Eh? Comments?

Attachments

• novaprospekt.JPG
    novaprospekt.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 727
graphics- 10

gameplay- 10

excitement- 10

leetness of weapons- 10

physics and how they work- 10

overall pwnability- 10

that sums up hl2 right there folks

-merc

Nice spotting SMT.

Merc - any idea on the user/pass for that website? My guess is that it's more to the left of the board, and your photo cut it out. So anything you can remember that might be significant there?

merc said:
graphics- 10

gameplay- 10

excitement- 10

leetness of weapons- 10

overall pwnability- 10

-merc

surely it cant be PERFECT?!? not even any 9.9s?

BaNDiT said:
do you know what resolution it was playing at?

when i checked it was like 1900x1200 or something crazy high like that.. i was playing on a widescreen flat monitor...

-merc

Also, merc let me know this:

when they were loading half life 2......

they had a cs source section a dod source section an hl1 port section, and a tf2 section

merc said:
graphics- 10

gameplay- 10

excitement- 10

leetness of weapons- 10

overall pwnability- 10

-merc

geez,honestley? wow i cant wait to play it now, VALVE I DEMAND A COPY NOWWWWWWWWWWWW

PRETTY PLZ,JUST ME AND MERC just slide us a copy i wont tell no1 i promise,just lemme look at it

ahhh i give up,i know i wont get one

just gotta wait like everyone else :sniper:

but i guess good things come to those who wait :cheese:

Grab merc's IP, I bet you can trace it back to the same IP range that the Valve guys post from... It's the valve guys promoting half-life 2... of course, it all makes sense now... even mercs name is an anagram for erm... 'crem' which means something important...

:p

Ugh. That board was HILARIOUS, but all the comedy of the situation was sucked out of the space lock when I saw people actually believed that it was real. For pete's sake, you fiends, don't any of you have a sense of humor!?

P.S. City 13 was what some gaming magazine misquoted City 17 as, and hence caused much speculation on these boards

P.S.S. Merc, could you possibly type up a report on your impressions of the game, if not the details? I don't feel like wading through pages of replies just to see the few posts you made. I understand that you don't want to do spoilers, but perhaps details that won't spoil the game: you know, perhaps a nondescript story of how the physics surprised you, things that the A.I. did that surprised you. Also, was everything complete, or was anything left unfinished? Thanks.

Dedatorv said:
You got to use new weapons right?? RIGHT?? RIGHT!!??!?!

WOOOT WOOOOTT WOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

HAHAHA

*wipes sweat from overexcitied face*

I REPEAT:

Also, merc let me know this:

they had a cs source section a dod source section an hl1 port section, and a tf2 section

Eternity said:
P.S. City 13 was what some gaming magazine misquoted City 17 as, and hence caused much speculation on these boards
Logic dictates that if there is a City 17, there should be at least 16 others too. Therefore City 13 might be a city nearby (or not).

Lanthanide said:
Nice spotting SMT.

Merc - any idea on the user/pass for that website? My guess is that it's more to the left of the board, and your photo cut it out. So anything you can remember that might be significant there?

ya there was some writing like vqr/426 or something like that underneath the link... i forget exactly but it was something along those lines

-merc

No man, they were making fun of the fact that we were analyzing a mistake by a magazine...

i think this is the most excited i have been since i grew my first pube ITS GREAT

Merc, dying to ask, did the game's gfx leave the Source demo in the dust (i.e. more kicker ass) or was it as good?

Yeah, that would be the user/pass for the site, probably in rot13. Pity you didn't get that in your photo :(

Alec_85 said:
Logic dictates that if there is a City 17, there should be at least 16 others too. Therefore City 13 might be a city nearby (or not).

im sure i read in a preview or something that the NPC's were once heard chatting about city 15

I know that the board is a setup, but it's still fun to try and crack! Under the Cut items list, "Second Gordon / Alyz Love Scene", is crossed out. Does this imply a first???

merc said:
ya there was some writing like vqr/426 or something like that underneath the link... i forget exactly but it was something along those lines

-merc

Gah I shall slap you for taking a picture of 3/4 of the white board. Maybe Greg can show us a picture with the entire board so we can enjoy our little rat race.

they had a cs source section, a dod source section, an hl1 port section, and a tf2 section

-merc

merc said:

they had a cs source section, a dod source section, an hl1 port section, and a tf2 section

-merc

ANSWER MY QUESTIOZNAQR$!$!!!!w

Plz? :) Gfx = Better than the Source demo? Or as good?

klown said:
I think merc went swimming again...

no actually i just got ut2004 and im installing it along with all the mods :)

-merc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back