Back from another... TRIP TO VALVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
merc said:
i just figured they are looking at these posts since cliffe posted earlier plus when i visited valve they knew i was coming from these forums... they do look around here every now and then and im sure they are looking now... and i dont know anything about the whiteboard joke all i did was retake a picture today while i was waiting and posted it

-merc
Merc you didnt answered my Question :(
Is that Shadow Error fixed ?

ok so there is a bird written into the pages html...

how does this solve...anything...

DigiQ8 said:
Merc you didnt answered my Question :(
Is that Shadow Error fixed ?

I never noticed any shadow errors so I am guessing it is fixed

-merc

You're welcome, Six Three, all the other posters on this thread are spammers

30 posts per page and i got 26 pages. My god thats a lotta posts!! On top of that a new page pops up every few minutes!!11!1

merc said:
I never noticed any shadow errors so I am guessing it is fixed

-merc

you just made my day !! :bounce: :bounce:

Letters said:
Hardly an error to begin with... :rolleyes:

Eh? I do believe he was referring to the bug where certain shadows casted straight through other objects

Letters said:
Hardly an error to begin with... :rolleyes:

I dont' think it's any big deal and I don't wish to rehash it or anything, but how can you say it's not an error? If you view the shadows in the e32k4 vids when he moves the box with the crane it is clearly visible as a lighting error.

DigiQ8 said:
you just made my day !! :bounce: :bounce:

It's not exactly that noticable in the first place and doesn't happen everywhere, so it's still quite possible it still exists, though of course it would be nice if it was fixed.

Before this thread is closed I just want to say Major props to Valve. It's just plain cool how much effort they put into amusing us. I think their PR dept could learn something from whomever put all this together. This is how you inspire your fanbase. Geek PR.

Yes, and well merc

hopefully you get that nother trip to valve!

Neutrino said:
I dont' think it's any big deal and I don't wish to rehash it or anything, but how can you say it's not an error? If you view the shadows in the e32k4 vids when he moves the box with the crane it is clearly visible as a lighting error.

It's not exactly that noticable in the first place and doesn't happen everywhere, so it's still quite possible it still exists, though of course it would be nice if it was fixed.
I just want HL2 to be perfect

Fear not, I e-mailed Erik Johnson and demanded the left portion of the board :)

hopefully we will solve the rest of the puzzle we have (the gman says we arent done ffs) you would think you guys would want to figure out where all this leads and analyze every little bit

/me goes to look at whiteboard and gman hl2 site more

hot damn i just read every post in a row. elapsed time: 1.5 hours

Waitaminute, the message on the site was HL2.net-specific, and had Greg Coomer's ASCII bird in the code.

So:
-Greg Coomer comes to HL2.net
-Secret info unlocks HL2.net section of the official site
-Greg Coomer's bird is in the site.

Therefore, the other clues may be hidden on the other forums where other valve employees are posting?

fallout... and well maybe we should check out the gman ascii and the whiteboard stuff

Shuzer said:
Fear not, I e-mailed Erik Johnson and demanded the left portion of the board :)

yeah.. being such a huge celebrity of the HL2.net forums does have its advantages eh? ;)

demanded!! oh boy!! Erik u better pony up or ELSE!! :LOL: :dork:

Man the mods are going to be pissed when they wake up.

"GOOD BLIMEY MATES! CHEEKY HELL! JOLLY OH!"

You are in so much trouble.....

Anyway, most of you have missed the point here.

Valve - 1
Community - 0

what do you mean, we got the first secret figured out

Community = 1
Valve = whatever they want

Dr. Freeman said:
yeah.. being such a huge celebrity of the HL2.net forums does have its advantages eh? ;)

demanded!! oh boy!! Erik u better pony up or ELSE!! :LOL: :dork:

I also offered to send him a dollar. In an envelope. I think that'll REALLY convince him ;)

PiMuRho said:
You are in so much trouble.....

Anyway, most of you have missed the point here.

Valve - 1
Community - 0

Oh look, a moderator :) Good thing we got it back on topic (somehow) :cheers:

lol valve, that's awesome. And merc.. you have redeemed yourself.

PiMuRho, did you actually read all of these posts or did you just skip around? :D

[Edit]:
Mr-Fusion said:
Ahh they've finished feasting on tea and crumpets....

The word "feasting" cracks me up. lol

Shuzer said:
I also offered to send him a dollar. In an envelope. I think that'll REALLY convince him ;)

oh!
right.. Steam's newest form of payment.. :LOL:
seriously, this thread is pure jokes now :E

Shuzer said:

Oh look, a moderator :) Good thing we got it back on topic (somehow) :cheers:

Only took about 20 pages or so. Not too shabby.

About the Valve: 1, Community 0 thing, it would really have been far better if we didn't discover the whole thing through a photo that didn't allow us to actually sove anything though. Thus I say Valve: 0.5, Community 0. :)

7h3-7w34k3r said:
O|-| N035 !!1!11

In b4 close :rolling:

Careful, Pi has made some rather severe threats regarding these sort of posts in the past...... :sleep:

I advise that all moderators ignore posts containing the phrase "Hepatitis C"

Mechagodzilla said:
Waitaminute, the message on the site was HL2.net-specific, and had Greg Coomer's ASCII bird in the code.

So:
-Greg Coomer comes to HL2.net
-Secret info unlocks HL2.net section of the official site
-Greg Coomer's bird is in the site.

Therefore, the other clues may be hidden on the other forums where other valve employees are posting?

That kinda makes sense.

Merc, you mentioned you were driving aroung in the buggy. Did you notice at all if you could see Gordon's shadow while he was in the buggy? ( if the buggy's shadow was visible of course)

hype.db said:
lol valve, that's awesome. And merc.. you have redeemed yourself.

redeemed myself from what? death by crazed hl2 fans that didnt get to see a picture i took? lol

-merc

merc answer me: are you hiding something? are you in on this valve thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back