Bad things are happening at EA then...

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Looking at my recent PC games collection, I see that my favourite ones are published by Electronic Arts. So, yes, I'm not ashamed of saying: thank you EA, you are keeping PC gaming alive. Keep up the good work.

I hope to god that doesnt happen.

One genre in particular that they REALLY stepped it up in was their sports department. The past few NHL and Madden games have been fantastic, not to mention Skate overtaking Tony Hawk as the new leader in skateboarding games (not that it was too difficult to do, given the recent quality of TH games).

I hope to god that doesnt happen.

One genre in particular that they REALLY stepped it up in was their sports department. The past few NHL and Madden games have been fantastic, not to mention Skate overtaking Tony Hawk as the new leader in skateboarding games (not that it was too difficult to do, given the recent quality of TH games).

And given the fact the Tony Hawk games always felt like arcade-oriented skating games, whereas Skate 2 in particular feels more like an indepth simulation of skating, kinda like the Forza or Gran Turismo of skating.

SUPPORT YOUR INDIE DEVELOPERS

Thats all I care about. Innovation and new games are going to completely die when corporations like EA and Activision buy out everything. If EA bites it, then Activision will, for all intents and purposes, have a monopoly on the games industry. And Bobby Kotick (CEO of activision) is an evil son of a bitch who hates video games. He wants to take all innovation and fun out of the industry to squeeze every last cent out of his customers (whom he also hates).

Buy good indie games. Not just for the sake of being indie.

SUPPORT YOUR INDIE DEVELOPERS

Thats all I care about. Innovation and new games are going to completely die when corporations like EA and Activision buy out everything. If EA bites it, then Activision will, for all intents and purposes, have a monopoly on the games industry. And Bobby Kotick (CEO of activision) is an evil son of a bitch who hates video games. He wants to take all innovation and fun out of the industry to squeeze every last cent out of his customers (whom he also hates).

The sad thing is that games such as Halo and Modern Warfare 2 manage to become a success. It's just further prove that today's generation of gamers have very low standards and are quite gullible. In a couple of years from now the game industry will be ridden with the Micheal Bay's of game development. All "style" but no ****ing substance whatsoever. Thankfully, we still have developers such as Valve and Bioware around.

It's just further prove that today's generation of gamers have very low standards and are quite gullible.

All "style" but no ****ing substance whatsoever.
I like those industry-grade nostalgia goggles you've got on. Yes, only today's gamers value style over substance and have low standards.

Are you actually using Custer's Revenge as a marker for how gamers of previous generations had standards?

We had RapeLay in this generation that was met with similar (if not more) scorn.

Are you actually using Custer's Revenge as a marker for how gamers of previous generations had standards?

We had RapeLay in this generation that was met with similar (if not more) scorn.

A lack of standards, I caught your sarcasm and tried to agree with you.

Oh. Well, it's kind of backwards, because people back in the day hated Custer's Revenge. :p That's more along the lines of the industry not having standards--but then, it was only a tiny company that produced the game anyway.

Custer's Revenge actually goes toward showing that people DID have standards back then; which they did, but so do most generations when it comes to rape games, including the current one.

Except in Japan.

Thankfully, we still have developers such as Valve and Bioware around.

If only Valve was less multi-player oriented, and a little more prolific. I've not played a Valve game in two years, and those games (Portal and Ep2) were very nice, but short. OK, quality over quantity, but there's a limit.
Suggestion: hire more developers.

If only Valve was less multi-player oriented, and a little more prolific. I've not played a Valve game in two years, and those games (Portal and Ep2) were very nice, but short. OK, quality over quantity, but there's a limit.
Suggestion: hire more developers.

Don't they already have like 250 people? That's fairly large (even for 2-3 teams).

Back