Battlefield 2 demo - First impressions

Shakermaker said:
- How do the vehicles handle compared to BF:42/BF:V?
- How fluent is the online play?
- How detailed are the maps compared to BF:42/BF:V?
- What kind of 'feel' do the weapons have?

Oh man, I'm jealous. 2 hours and 26 mins left ....

Vehicles seem different from previous BFs, much more capable, much heavier... much much much cooler.. best vehicle physics ever.
Im dead serious... I flew a jet, and you can drop bombs or fire lock on missiles... awesome.. I flew a heli ... oh, closer to DC helo controls, but has an auto hover like BFV.

the online play on a 32 player server is the same as LAN for me on the 3 servers I have played... aka as fluid as SP.

the maps are brilliant, very detailed terrain, awesome geometry, and interesting structures. other BF franchises are barren in comparison

the weapons feel lethal, but not uber realistic, you can kill easily with them.

this is the best damn game ever. I really have to rip myself out of the game to give you info. as soon as I find the ss dir I can upload a couple screens

bvasgm said:
Damnit...I just finished downloading from Gamespot..it said the .zip folder was 'invalid/corupted'. I'm trying again on FileFront, it should be another 20 min before it starts...anybody have problems after downloading it from there?

USE WINACE to extract it

found em

for other peeps looking for the SS dir it's

C:\Documents and Settings\*your account name*\My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\Screenshots

hope that helps, uploading the pics now

Use Winace to extract the Gamespot download, or the new download from FileFront?

Mr. Redundant said:
this is the best damn game ever. I really have to rip myself out of the game to give you info. as soon as I find the ss dir I can upload a couple screens

Ah, you're great, Redundant.

Gorgon said:
well I m downloading at 65Kbyte torrent from p2p site and for FREE :LOL:

if you want the torrent link click my name and view all post made by me, then scroll down a bit, and its there :D

Got that running, and also I downloaded Get right and it desided to start downloading at 70kps.

Ooo whos gonna win, GetRight or BT? Place your bets.

I wasn't the least bit interested in this game, but you guys are making my head explode with hype.

Downloading at 9.3 kb/s... 16 hours remain!

Mr. Redundant said:
the one that said it was corrupt
I......just......deleted.....the Gamespot.....demo.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

*implodes*​

bvasgm said:
I......just......deleted.....the Gamespot.....demo.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

*implodes*​

Recycle bin?

Sucks Ritz, was going to place my bet on BT too...

Nice Mr redundant nice 30 min left WOOT
im going to set everything to high and 1200X1600 lol

Ritz said:
Got that running, and also I downloaded Get right and it desided to start downloading at 70kps.

Ooo whos gonna win, GetRight or BT? Place your bets.

LOL ....BT

and now I AM @ 140Kbyte torrent 40Mins to go :D

torrent- Just give it time and the speed will go up

Hit empty recycle bin....thought it was corrupted/messed up/****ed.....deleted it in blind rage....damn. It'll be another 2+ hours for me...damn.... ;(

...It...it...doesn't work for meee!
NOOOOO!
I run the game, it's a black screen...then I get the blue screen of death talking about dumping my physical memory.

God dammit. I installed the latest drivers and everything too...
I guess the FX5200 really is unsupported.
**** **** **** **** **** **** mother ****!!!!!

Mr.Redundant..............are you playing online or are these bots ?

xlucidx, are you overcloking, maybe the game does no like to overclock CPU ?

Welp i've been playing the demo for the past hour and its a GREAT game.

Pros:
Vehicles have a nice feel
Good ingame physics
Addictive gameplay
A bit easier to jump in and play
LOTS OF FUN!

Cons:
Ragdolls can be a bit odd at times
How to use VOIP?
Tapping a teammate with a vehicle results in a death.

I think it's fair to say that this is all a conspiracy by Marwan to gain access to our nation's nuclear power plants.

OH NOES MEC.

Gorgon said:
Mr.Redundant..............are you playing online or are these bots ?

xlucidx, are you overcloking, maybe the game does no like to overclock CPU ?

I don't even know how the hell to overclock! :angry:

xlucidx said:
I don't even know how the hell to overclock! :angry:

dam it. :sleep:

try to use driver cleaner to uninstall the driver, then install the latest nvidia 71.89.

i got it off 3dgamers in 20 mins with their free servers...

Mr.Redandunt.................your graphic @ low ?

and are you online or SP ?

Gorgon said:
Mr.Redandunt.................your graphic @ low ?

and are you online or SP ?
hehe Redundant :) or redundenant

I said earlier I have not played SP

I am playing ONLINE MP with people ;)
and my gfx are all on MEDIUM, I have not changed any options besides the resolution (1280x960)
I get around 60+fps no dips, I could prolly crank up the detail, but atm Im too enthralled with the game to bother.
those screens suck, you HAVE to see this game in motion, so fluid, feels so good... just... it's ,,,, wow

Finally. Just started downloading it again...only another 2 hours to go!!

Redundunt, if you can, post some pics from inside a plane.

I cant find a plane!!!

creating an mp account is taking forever ;(

bvasgm said:
Finally. Just started downloading it again...only another 2 hours to go!!

Redundunt, if you can, post some pics from inside a plane.
omg that reminds me, inside the plane... it shakes and shit when you are getting shot at, or you hit high velocity speeds...
the experience is awesome.
jets and Helos have a much more in depth flight/combat system now, it feels much more authentic.. still arcadey and accessable but like.. a real part of the game instead of an afterthought, I thought it was amazing.

Mr. Redundant said:
hehe Redundant :) or redundenant
you HAVE to see this game in motion, so fluid, feels so good... just... it's ,,,, wow

LOL, trying to type fast, :LOL:

and yeah I agree, you can't see shit. Play the game........

dam it 45mins............My SLI gone BANG! this game. :O

Mr. Redundant said:
omg that reminds me, inside the plane... it shakes and shit when you are getting shot at, or you hit high velocity speeds...
the experience is awesome.
jets and Helos have a much more in depth flight/combat system now, it feels much more authentic.. still arcadey and accessable but like.. a real part of the game instead of an afterthought, I thought it was amazing.
Sweet...Just one more question. How realistic would you say the flight models are? I mean, can you stall, do you have to put the gears/flaps down to land, can you just hit 'right' and you bank and turn, or is it more realistic? Ex: You pull the stick right to bank and back to turn. If you're not shure or you're having a really hard time pulling yourself away from the game to answer the questions then don't worry about it, I'll know in about an hour and forty minutes now either way.

First impressions - I'll have to get back to you all on Tuesday or whenever this thing wants to finish downloading.

Back