Battlefield 2 demo - First impressions

bvasgm said:
Sweet...Just one more question. How realistic would you say the flight models are? I mean, can you stall, do you have to put the gears/flaps down to land, can you just hit 'right' and you bank and turn, or is it more realistic? If you're not shure or you're having a really hard time pulling yourself away from the game to answer the questions then don't worry about it, I'll know in about an hour and forty minutes now either way.
it's not simmy like that at all, it's pretty much like it was in DC, except much better controls. you have a HUD, a very cool and effective Heads up display that shows your lock ons, if you are locked onto, etc, you can drop flares to spoof incoming missiles.
landing gear you don't have to worry about.
gears, nope.

it's just all around better, but still arcade style.. it's almost like a Airforce game you would play on your console, it could be it's own game without the troop combat.. all aspects of the game feel like that though

the infantry combat is very very cool, it's the thing I am having most fun with right now.

in BF2 you don't have to go camp planes and helos because the infantry combat sucks like in previous titles.
the infantry combat is tight, responsive and is an awesome game in it's own right.

Ok thanks. Just one of the things I was wondering about. Now, go and bring us more screenshots!!

Hmmm i dont know wtf is wrong with my download but i got it off filefront.com almost 2 hours ago when there was a little 15min waiting line. And when i try to start the setup nothing happens... im kinda pissed now because im waiting on a 1 hour line to re-download the same thing...supposedly.

Well I've just been playing it for the last two hours. Unfortunately it was only single player as the only computer with decent enough specs in my house hasn't got the internet.

Well, the infantry combat is so much better. It feels a lot better, a lot more human like - really impressed by it. The weapons also all pack a punch, great sound effects. The game run suprisingly well on a AMD Athlon 2200+ 1GB PC3200 RAM and a 256mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Managed to run it Medium/High 1184x768 and it looks fantastic. I'm really impressed, definitely a step forward from BF:V/1942 - it's a true sequel.

Oh and the bots are much better this time around, they organise themselves into squads, call artillery, drop supplies, medics heal you up and revive you if they can, join a squad and the squad leader will order you about etc. Obviously the main part of BF2 is going to be Multiplayer, but I've been suprised by Singleplay so far :)

Can't wait till I get my new rig, then I'll be able to play online :D

righty now my Name is Lemonking I wanna change it too [Hl2.net] Lemonking how do I that?

Hey, constantly refreshing Gamespot in that last hour paid off :)

JiMmEh said:
Hey, constantly refreshing Gamespot in that last hour paid off :)
I was doing that the whole morning, I am on my fourth try downloading it.

Unless my download is messed up, I'll be unzipping and installing now. I'll be on the sp for abit though.

Foxtrot said:
I was doing that the whole morning, I am on my fourth try downloading it.
omg. i thought me on my 2nd was bad, getting 59kb/s. long night alright,its 1am here

*hugs foxtrot*

jimbo118 said:
omg. i thought me on my 2nd was bad, getting 59kb/s. long night alright,its 1am here

*hugs foxtrot*
This always happens to me, it is my damn router, so I was expecting it.

Wow, this is what I expected and so much more. It's f-ing superb! Runs like a dream, too - 1280*960, full details, 4xAA. Lovely!

Axyon said:
Wow, this is what I expected and so much more. It's f-ing superb! Runs like a dream, too - 1280*960, full details, 4xAA. Lovely!

Screens plz!

I have 10% to go, about 26 minutes left

Axyon said:
Specs?

Narcolepsy said:
I wasn't the least bit interested in this game, but you guys are making my head explode with hype.

Downloading at 9.3 kb/s... 16 hours remain!

I'm thinking the exact same right now. Before this thread i could'nt care less about BF2, but now i'm frantically trying to download this bloody demo....even trust worthy www.gamershell.com is having none of it! :angry: I've never had that site not load up a download :(

Alig said:
I'm thinking the exact same right now. Before this thread i could'nt care less about BF2, but now i'm frantically trying to download this bloody demo....even trust worthy www.gamershell.com is having none of it! :angry: I've never had that site not load up a download :(
lmao, thats the same way i feel. Barely thought about the BF2 demo until i started reading up on all the hype... went to ea.com and watched the videos. Just got another 27 mins before my download is done...assuming nothing bad happens.

Im eagerly waiting on this now :cheers:

FictiousWill said:
this torrent is blazing. 170kbps. should be done in 40 mins.
what torrent?!

I'm on the 3dgamers one and it's at... 9kbps.

well it's speeding up, but 30kbps isn't quite 170.

I'm on the torrent that was posted in some other thread, I tried about 4 torrents in various threads on hl2.net but they're all the same file, so it doesn't matter which one you choose. I had about 5kbps for the first ten minutes but then it just boomed, I got 50, then 90, now it's cruising at 130ish after about 20 mins of downloading.

here's a nifty azureus visualization of the swarm:
http://img207.echo.cx/img207/6443/swarm2do.png

squad gameplay rules, AmishSlayer myself and another dude, Killa something, we rocked the map.

teamplay is going to be a neccessity

do you have the link for the torrent? the only one i can find doesn't have any seeders!

whoa i got a link going at 366 kbps constantly, Ill post the link when ive finished downloading it in 20 mins time ;)

Holy freaking hell! This game.. wow. So much fun, everything is just fantastic.

I'd write a review or whatever..but..need..play.

/me flees

Here's the torrent that I'm on. Enjoy! :stare: :E

Attachments

• Battlefield_2_Demo_torrent.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 120
wtf? The filerush torrent gave me a 500 mb .exe file and it runs for two seconds and then does absolutley nothing! What's going on?

FictiousWill said:
Here's the torrent that I'm on. Enjoy! :stare: :E

It works.. FINALLY. I love you. In that way.

Back