Battlefield 2 demo - First impressions

did it extract to a temp folder?

And :LOL: at Suicide. Glad you got it working :thumbs:

no, it put a .exe on my desktop that seems to do nothing...if it extracted to a temp file then where is the temp file?

hmm, good idea edit:I can't seem to make it an actual zip file, only rename it.. :angry:

Redundant and I did kick some ass. Our commander took a while to give orders and was trying to play as a soldier ingame so we never got UAV's placed for us or any supplies but it was still good.

We had some solid teamwork going. I was a medic, Redundant was anti-tank or support, and the other guy was back and forth between classes.
Sniping isn't nearly as big as some people thought. At long long range it's hard to get solid hits let alone kills. Close up it's a little easier but if you don't get that headshot (it's easier to miss than you think) then they'll probably sprint to cover before you can get them).

I cannot wait 'till Xfire starts to have server information and ingame chat so we can all play together easily.

Rounds are short because of the 12 minute time limit but hopefully someone will be able to find a workaround so we can all have a solid match where one side actually runs out of tickets.

EDIT: My Xfire is trying to update "Game Updates". Think they're adding BF2 Demo support?

I dunno about you lot but I just updated my installed games list, and put BF2 on there...

sweet, foxtrot's link pwns.

But no one else get it plzkthx.

Man, that other download froze up at 50%...blah

>>>>KTHX!<<<< :cheese:

I love how none of the peers in the bt swarm are uploading to me at over 2kbps. There's a shitload of them though! :cheese:

1 min left!

I've still been playing this. Only after a little handy work, on the internet :)

Great stuff, for the first time in Battlefield, I'd rather be on foot than in a vehicle - they've done a great job with the infantry combat.

Battlefield 2 suffers from the same problems as BF1. Sorry to say.

The planes are camped, and on most servers with FF on (which is ment to be stoping people from FFing) is making it worse, people laying mines on there own airport if they miss the plane, or if someone ahead of them is going to one, he shoots them in the back of the head.

So I'll play BF, but I dont know how long for if this doesnt stop in ranked servers in the full game. Its NO fun when half your teams back at the aircraft spawn killing each other.

Suicide42 said:
Holy freaking hell HOW???

He's in the foxtrot private link club. Communal bittorrent democracy sharing > sneaky closed-door communist downloading! :grrr:

Ritz said:
Battlefield 2 suffers from the same problems as BF1. Sorry to say.

The planes are camped, and on most servers with FF on (which is ment to be stoping people from FFing) is making it worse, people laying mines on there own airport if they miss the plane, or if someone ahead of them is going to one, he shoots them in the back of the head.

So I'll play BF, but I dont know how long for if this doesnt stop in ranked servers in the full game. Its NO fun when half your teams back at the aircraft spawn killing each other.
When the point system is in people won't be doing that.

Foxtrot said:
When the point system is in people won't be doing that.

You think when the point system comes it will stop people? Pah.

"Oh no, if I dont stop being a jackass and team killing, my name will have a little -1 on it, woe is me"

Unless theres somthing magical I dont know about it, it wont change. IS there anything magical?

Ritz said:
You think when the point system comes it will stop people? Pah.

"Oh no, if I dont stop being a jackass and team killing, my name will have a little -1 on it, woe is me"

Unless theres somthing magical I dont know about it, it wont change. IS there anything magical?
Yes, rank and your stats are recorded. If you teamkill enough I think you can lose your rank.

Hmm I haven't run into these TK'ing wankers just yet, but I'm sure I will sometime. I wasn't really expecting the dickheads to suddenly turn nice in BF2.

But, for those of you still d/ing, there's actually plenty of 64 player servers too :)

I'll have it in 2 little minutes.

I want to have Foxtrot's baby. Did I say that out loud? :(

one minute left, 95% and FOXTROT is my new diety.

edit... DONE! DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!

Thank you :)
I have had to restart my download twice now, I hate my router.

Lemonking said:
any tweaks so the round will last longer then 10 mins??
*cough*demo*cough* ;)

Extracting..preparing to install.

CURSE YOU ****** COMPUTER!!!

Mine will not run. Goes black, then 'program encountered an error.' NOT HAPPY

KIK ASSS GAME..........

my first time playing BF.... its fooking hard, I can't fooking fly... wtf my score is -12..

*looks at BitTorrent

57 hours at 1kb on a cable modem.....i hate you bittorrent

Gorgon said:
KIK ASSS GAME..........

my first time playing BF.... its fooking hard, I can't fooking fly... wtf my score is -12..
-12? Hah, who did you kill? A truckfull of teamamtes?

Foxtrot, I love you so much, I put you in my sig...
YES, I'M THAT CRAZY!

Heh, thanks :)

Anyone know why I keep getting the error of "could not be read" and then my downloads stops?

I just spent the last hour trying to cool down my CPU because it overheated from downloading the file.

Back