Battlefield 3

Oh, it's just a dogtag. Come make an account on our site so that you can advertise for us in the game! Yeah!

Oh, it's just a dogtag. Come make an account on our site so that you can advertise for us in the game! Yeah!

For someone with no interest WHATSOEVER IN ALL ETERNITY in BF3, you sure come in here a lot!

Half of this applies to Team Fortress 2.

Oh, its just some hats. Come buy some pointless stuff on Mann Co store, along with others that can make you a better player that doesn't need skill! Yeah!

Half of this applies to Team Fortress 2.

Oh, its just some hats. Come buy some pointless stuff on Mann Co store, along with others that can make you a better player that doesn't need skill! Yeah!

What?

Yeah, what? First of all, why do you assume I support the whole hat thing? Second, hats are way more visible and unique than some pressed metal on a dog tag. Third, you get hats and shit by trading and random drops or whatever the hell, which I haven't done but I imagine is a lot more fun that signing up on some website. And fourth, hats aren't walking advertisements for Alienware.

This used to happen to me when I tried playing games with a way sub-par system (w/ GPU and processor that were a couple of generations old). Found out it was an overheating issue. Figured firmware or hardware was purposely holding the processor and GPU back so that they wouldn't fry.

This is exactly the problem.

Yeah, what? First of all, why do you assume I support the whole hat thing? Second, hats are way more visible and unique than some pressed metal on a dog tag. Third, you get hats and shit by trading and random drops or whatever the hell, which I haven't done but I imagine is a lot more fun that signing up on some website. And fourth, hats aren't walking advertisements for Alienware.

The only really interesting dog tags in my opinion are the ones you get for achieving stuff. These free tags are just for the 'gotta catch em all' crowd.

I just wanted to find cool dogtags to use until I actually achieved something. Even so, I think I'm going to stick with the BF2 veteran dog tag. And yeah I see Vegeta's point and kinda felt silly for posting after his remark, but then I saw the tag and it's ... kinda cool looking. And doesn't have any AW logo on it or anything.

Medic and Rifles... because im ****ing cool

dog_tag2.jpg

Looks awesome. :)

I also prefer the dog tags I've unlocked. The Alienware ones don't really advertise Alienware, it's just some teeth. You wouldn't know where you'd have got them from unless you got them yourself.

You do realize Mann Co has made Valve a boatload of money, correct?

Secondly, I guess you missed the various hats for halloween, L4D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution hats, etc. They can be walking advertizements just as much, and are alike the custom avatar's in Xbox live marketplace.

I still don't understand what that has to do with TF2 or skill.

In TF2 you can buy your way into the "cool" weapons and hats, hence the reason why TF2 went F2P. The difference? TF2 sucks major donkey balls now.

[edit] god damnit bacons, stealing my basic content ideas

Trading is meant to circumvent that, but it ends up doing the opposite because of the varying values of weapons, and the time commitment required to amass a high enough number of items to trade for just a few specific weapons, not to mention the further commitment to find someone who actually has the weapon you want and is willing to give it up.

Also "Classic Conquest Assault" sounds like they won't be messing with the flag layouts too much. I'm extremely happy about that.

Just when you think the game is perfect they come out with the Back to Karkand DLC. :cheers:

I also like the sound of 10 new weapons! The more I looked at stats the more I relized that there wasnt really many weapons per class when you compare it to the likes of BC2 and there was not much to look forward to in the way of weapons. It seems they held a bunch back just to say "OMG 10 NEW WEAPONS!!!"

You do realize Mann Co has made Valve a boatload of money, correct?
Money that people wanted to pay because they wanted to pimp out their characters. Do you think people would be lining up down the street to pay money for a pair of dog tags? Some, but give me a break.

Secondly, I guess you missed the various hats for halloween, L4D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution hats, etc. They can be walking advertizements just as much, and are alike the custom avatar's in Xbox live marketplace.
Um, okay? And there are way more hats that are not walking advertisements. And there are a few major differences between this alienware dogtag and a hat you get for say preordering a videogame. For one, a hat is a lot cooler than a dog tag. It's not like you can plainly see a person wearing a dog tag out on the battlefield. Also, they got those hats either by trading for them or buying a game they wanted. Not by just signing up on a site so that Alienware can send shit to their email addresses.

And let me god damn say again, never once did I say I thought the TF2 hat thing was a cool idea. But it isn't as bad as this alienware thing.

Hell, not that I really care. My first post was more of a "can someone please explain to me why people would do this I don't get it" thing.

But at least someone could mod them in OOOOH SICK BURN

I'm all for this Back To Karkand pack and am looking forward to seeing Sharqi and Karkand, but can we finally move the battle away from overused Wake goddamn **** Island?

Aye wake island sucks tbh. Is rather some bc2 maps get ported over

BTK looks awesome.

''Enhanced destruction''??? Hope that applies to every map.

And co-op is really pissing me off now. Getting dumped back to desktop a good 80% of the time when the window expands to BF3, shows the loading icon in the bottom right, then bam, just disappears. No error, nothing. Just straight back to Battlelog.

Impressive as hell. Also, reminded me that I haven't listened to UNKLE in a while, need to fix that.

I think that was sarcasm, Rayman!

Glenn, get it anyway.

Why do they call Wake Island a battlefield 2 map? I guess it technically WAS a battlefield 2 map, but only as a BF1942 map originally.

Yeah, I mean they're correct on a technicality but it just isn't right in spirit. Then again it doesn't sound as good to just say "Legendary Battlefield maps" when all but one are properly from BF2. Conspiracy Theory Time: Mashtuur City could be a hidden fifth map in the style of BC2V's Operation Hastings, rounding out the three actual BF2 maps with a fourth.

Also my new favourite thing to do is mount up and take out helicopter pilots with my LMG. I've made at least one short-term enemy through this.

All the versions of Wake Island are different... and it's in pretty much every BF game except for the Bad Company games so at this point it's purely a "Battlefield series" map not just a popular 1942 map. The 1942 version differs quite a bit from the BF2 version after all.
Yeah, I mean they're correct on a technicality but it just isn't right in spirit. Then again it doesn't sound as good to just say "Legendary Battlefield maps" when all but one are properly from BF2. Conspiracy Theory Time: Mashtuur City could be a hidden fifth map in the style of BC2V's Operation Hastings, rounding out the three actual BF2 maps with a fourth.

Also my new favourite thing to do is mount up and take out helicopter pilots with my LMG. I've made at least one short-term enemy through this.
The Little Bird / Z11-W (scout copters) are VERY vulnerable to this. It's really easy to shoot the pilot out, I've been sniped out of the Little Bird cockpit half a dozen times at least. It's a bit hard with the transport copters but still doable, and I believe it's possible with the attack choppers but I haven't personally seen it happen in BF3 yet.

Back