...been lurking for over a year, time to give back

B

Bloody_Python

Hello,
I feel like I have been a member here for a long long time, although I never registered.

I am going to setup a dedicated CS : Source server on a T3 as soon as the beta becomes available. I have already preloaded it on the server machine, I am just waiting for it to move to play games now.

I will be password protecting it and putting the password here for my fellow forum goers. I will also add the IP.

I have never played CS before (I played Half-Life Oz mod religiously for 5 years) so maybe you guys can go easy on me and show me the ropes.

Hopefully Valve will let us play soon!!!

thats quite nice of you. too bad i wont be able to join the fun until i get my copy with HL2.

Cool, I look foreward to digitally CS:S raping as many forum members as possible once I get to play the beta tomorrow. :naughty:

Awesome! THANK YOU!

Name it like, "Half-Life2.Net CS:S Server".

And put a pass on, like halflife2 or something simple so members or readers can get in.

YaY your sooo nice i will be in the server hope to see you all there.

may take a little getting used to cs (at least this was the case when I was switching from TFC to CS) in how fast you die when shot at, then waiting a round. Don't be discouraged because it will happen a lot :]

Thanks Bloody_Python! I promise to only use the knife if I come accross you on the server :p

I am updating HLDS at the moment for regular old CS.Its updating from version 0 to 15 (lol) so it might take awhile. After I get that done I am going to launch it up and give you guys the IP/pass.

Figure it might be a good idea to test it out before we get the goods. Because I have only setup WON servers (RIP) in the past.

"Coming Soon"

cool! welcome to the forums, and also, where is this server located? US/UK?

Its located in the US, East coast. Should be playable in the UK though, the connection is blazing.

Thank ya for the welcome (Y)

*sobs* dude ur great *sniff*

I think you should ask the halflife2.net staff if there's a way they can host on the website, BUT only show to members, and change password every 2 months or something :) that way ppl don't come on it from elsewhere :hmph: grrr

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Wow, that's very generous of you! But, where do you live?/what can I expect the ping to be?

this should be lots of fun, let us know when it's done :)

God all this love is making me wish I had bought CZ.....oh wait, no it isn't.

I am having a heck of a time getting CS to update with hldsupdatetool.exe.

It keeps giving me a winsock error or just hanging. I have made the server account and even tried the "Easy" update tool with no luck. Still trying...

I live in Western Maryland in the US for those that are wondering about their pings. The server is sitting on a T3. Its shared but not much.

I'll play when it comes out, but if it doesn't have a sub 50 ping, I'll move on to another server. Good Idea though, Even though it's really lame I think forum gaming get togethers is a cool idea

staddydaddy said:
Even though it's really lame I think forum gaming get togethers is a cool idea

That doesn't make sense. How can something be cool and lame at the same time?

Sounds like a plan c all u guys in there! ne idea wen u'll have the server up by? few weeks etc...

If hldsupdatetool would do its job I would have had the server up already. So it will hopefully be up today if I can make this work.

I keep getting a winsock error, it may be because steam is getting hammered today.

DarkStar said:
That doesn't make sense. How can something be cool and lame at the same time?

Maybe he meant lame to other people; as in other people might think it's lame. ;)

Very awesome, this will limit the amount of cheaters! And no don't make it too simple.

ktimekiller said:
make it 64 players lol
he would need a ridiculous server and even more bandwidth than server power to be able to do that and not have evenone whining about ping/lag. The T3 may be able to do it, but i can't believe valves optimizations can work that well that a 64 player server runs well, on a normal comp.

Back