Best. Movie. Ever.

Apocalypse Now, hands down.
Great soundtrack, great story, great characters, great everything.

Stole mine. Shit.

In terms of viewing experience, not much compares to the first time I saw Pulp Fiction.

Thin red line > Saving Private Ryan

Thin Red Line was the biggest steaming pile of bullcrap war movie ever dropped by Hollywood. It is a bunch of philosophers/models playing at soldier in the jungle and all they do is monologue and talk and talk and talk with extra scenes of naked people swimming to fill in an extra hour or two.

Sulksodd said:
Oh, I dunno, maybe The Truman Show.

This.

I thought that was one of his best roles TBH.

My dad doesn't even like him but we both agreed we really liked that film.

Children of Men was a good watch as well.

I liked The Pianist, that was a good watch to.

Oh and as for comic book movies I only ever watch the movie, I never read the "graphic novel" first, because if you will forgive me and bear with me, I just aint into that shit any more.

This.

I thought that was one of his best roles TBH.

My dad doesn't even like him but we both agreed we really liked that film.

I have to agree. He really is a good actor, and it pisses me off that most of the time he just gets "type casted" in crazy comedy roles...

Also if you liked his performance in The Truman Show, you should also watch The Majestic.

I did. :naughty::naughty:

Philip K Dick remains one of my favorites, although I'd actually cite Minority Report as one of those rare instances where the movie is better. The short-story is interesting, but I liked the ideas more than the execution, which is not uncommon for much of Dick's work.

Good man. :thumbs:

No thanks...

Marry Iron Kat. But remember, no kids.

Really I can't put it down to one *scratches head*

Maybe the godfather?

Minority Report

....or Blade Runner?

I didn't really like Minority...It was just too dark with only one character.

Currently reading through Watchmen and its brilliant. Regret watching V for Vendetta before reading the graphic novel, but still going to pick it up soon. Is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen worth picking up?

I don't know. When I was younger I thought it was cool, but apparently it was atrocious.

Thin Red Line was the biggest steaming pile of bullcrap war movie ever dropped by Hollywood. It is a bunch of philosophers/models playing at soldier in the jungle and all they do is monologue and talk and talk and talk with extra scenes of naked people swimming to fill in an extra hour or two.

TTRL a much more humanist film than SPR (which is still a good movie mind) which is why I favour it over the latter. It's not about the violence, it's about people dealing with the sheer horror, absurdity and insanity of war and retaining their humanity. It's also beautifully shot.

TTRL a much more humanist film than SPR (which is still a good movie mind) which is why I favour it over the latter. It's not about the violence, it's about people dealing with the sheer horror, absurdity and insanity of war and retaining their humanity. It's also beautifully shot.

What about the end of D-day scenes, and the town scenes before the final battle starts? Plus I like the Atlantic War more than the Pacific.

Especially since I listened to the book In Harm's Way. Gosh that was an awesome book.

It's also really, really boring.

Saving Private Ryan, The Thin Red Line and Apocalypse Now are probably my favourite war movies.

Apocalypse Now is easily the best of the three, but it's so god damn depressing it's not my favourite. The Thin Red Line suffers from absolutely bat shit editing which makes the whole thing bloody schizophrenic. I believe if Malick didn't shit on himself while editing it would've been a classic.

Saving Private Ryan on the other hand is my favourite movie of all time. Up there as well is Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Apocalypse Now, Schindler's List and Lord of the Rings/Star Wars.

I've only seen the first 45 minutes of apocolypse dawn. So after the looooong sequence before the movie starts I was like: Hey...thats friggin Harrison Ford. Cool.

the-princess-bride.jpg

'nuff said

Then I was like

Enjoy your infraction.

Hmm. I have a hard time picking one, so I'll throw out a couple titles, and just assume that one of them is my favorite:

The Insider
Reason: Great story, Al Pacino's acting is stellar (also, Christopher Plummer as Mike Wallace FTW)

The Pianist
Reason: Simply an epic watch, I'm familiar with the music half of the movie, and WW2 is my favorite era to study.

Shawshank Redemption
Reason: Shawshank Redemption

Crank.

PDVD_001.jpg

sleep-types.gif

Soldier
Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.

Foetus
Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

Short Circuit
House - movie, not House M.D.
Flight of the Navigator

Maybe I'll post about the more recent movies I like.

High Fidelity, makes me feel like a hipster douchebag. Also, great soundtrack.

Sorry Samon, we don't have time to discuss this as a committee.

Back