Borderlands

The box art looks pretty cool, but I don't see anything I like about this game. I wanted to make sure everyone knows.

Really looking forward to this, I like FPS/RPG games and the post apocalyptic madmax/fallout style.

Looks cool and all, but why dont they ever show the inventory system? Or the items you collect? I thought they said this was like Diablo+Halo, but i cant see any diablo in this at all.

Where is all the loot? Where do you keep it? How do you trade it? They never show these things, should i just assume that they dont even have it?

Looks cool and all, but why dont they ever show the inventory system? Or the items you collect? I thought they said this was like Diablo+Halo, but i cant see any diablo in this at all.

Where is all the loot? Where do you keep it? How do you trade it? They never show these things, should i just assume that they dont even have it?

Yeah, good point. I don't think I have seen a single screenshot of the inventory. I just asked @mikeyface on Twitter for one. He's Gearbox's creative director and he answers questions on monday.

EDIT lol

I feel like at least trying the demo so I can listen to the sweet sound from those weapons on my new soundcard and speakers.

The guns do sound teh sechs.

At least they should loot on the ground and in crates.

Aside from the art direction it's still looking quite mediocre.

I'm still annoyed by the fact that there isn't much of a story. I'm sure the game will only be fun when you play with people you know.

I'm sure the game will only be fun when you play with people you know.

That's kind of the whole point. Video game stories normally suck balls anyways - give in the the explosions and phat loot.

Aside from the art direction it's still looking quite mediocre.

I'm still annoyed by the fact that there isn't much of a story. I'm sure the game will only be fun when you play with people you know.

I agree with ZT, I looked into this cos everyone seems to be really excited but I don't see the appeal really. Nice box art though.

New preview by Destructoid.

Before Gearbox pulled me off the units and sent me on my way, I had seen (maybe) 30 or 40 of the game’s "millions and millions of guns." Broken up into unique classes (like shotguns or rifles, for instance), each had its own unique look and feel. At one point, I picked up a gun that fired incendiary rounds, with a random chance that my targets would burst into flames. Let me tell you: when that happens, it's like experiencing an orgasm for the first time. I’m told some ammo has the ability to electrocute enemies. I want that, and I want to shoot something with it… right now.

This is going to be the ultimate gunwank game.

^That doesn't sound like anything particularly crazy awesome. I know Bioshock, and a few other games used such things.

I'd be more happy if they have a gun that's ammunition fills it's target with air pockets until it explodes.

I wasn't referring to the incindiary bullets but the fact that in just one hour of playing you can pick up about 30 or 40 guns that all do something different and that are all fun to use.

Been looking at a couple of YouTube vids from PAX and found one where the inventory was used. Looks pretty run of the mill.

inv.jpg

Ultimately 4 weapon slots that are probably unlocked during leveling. Three other slots for what looks like a shield, explosives and ... a person? Can't really place that last icon.

Been looking at a couple of YouTube vids from PAX and found one where the inventory was used. Looks pretty run of the mill.

inv.jpg

Ultimately 4 weapon slots that are probably unlocked during leveling. Three other slots for what looks like a shield, explosives and ... a person? Can't really place that last icon.
Probably for generic utility items and passive effects. The first thing that comes to mind is something like the Thorns skill from Diablo 2.

I really hope the pc version of this doesn't suffer from any consolitis.

I really hope the pc version of this doesn't suffer from any consolitis.

The last Gearbox game I played was Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway. That was released cross platform but played very smoothly on PC. Fingers crossed though, because you never know.

does the HUD look a little cluttered to anyone else?
i hope you're allowed to customize it a little (add/remove, opacity etc)

I Am looking forward to it. This game is what 'Auto Assault' should have been.

Haven't read much about the game, but that aside. This game has the best box art ever. Shits epic.

Yeah, that was downright obnoxious. I hope that they put more effort into the game than into this piss poor attempt at humor.

I don't think this was posted yet but the ESRB rating of it sounds shit-all hilarious!!

Rating summary: This is a sci-fi first-person shooter in which players assume the roles of mercenary treasure hunters on a mission to the fictional planet of Pandora. Players undertake missions/quests that increase characters' skills, eliminate an assortment of mutant creatures, and drive and collide with advanced alien vehicles. Players kill hundreds of enemies (e.g., human bandits and mercenary soldiers) over the course of the game by using a wide variety of guns (shotguns, sniper rifles), explosives, and special ammo types (fire, acid and electricity, etc.). The combat is frenetic, and enemies moan or scream when they are hit. Damage from weapons also results in large spurts of blood, dismemberment, and decapitation. When a human or creature is decapitated, an effect resembling a fountain of blood will shoot from the neck for a few seconds and stop. Some weapons cause enemies to split in half, the top being separated from the waist. During the course of the game, characters make jokes about streaking, body parts, rape, and mothers (e.g., "…more busted than my momma's girly parts"). Strong profanity (e.g., "f*cking," "sh*t," "p*ssy," and "d*ckbag") can be heard in the dialogue.

Best rating ever? :LOL:

Some Preview said that it was a mix of Halo and Diablo. But I'm seeing a fusion of TF2 and Starcraft

The HALO comes from the vehicle based free roaming combat, the Diablo comes in the randomly generated roguelike elements, ie. guns and enemies.

Back