Brian Damage's Mod Art...

good art work...Especially the second uploaded picture..

I assume you mean the second Kruga pic? Thanks. I tried to put as much thought as possible into the shading...

mrchimp: Sure he does...

What colours say "I'm a dangerous little bastard who likes to leap out of dark places and bite protruding bodyparts with my venomous teeth!"?

I'd say use arrow frogs for inspiration but they look really stupid. Nice colours, I'd say make them a little darker though. It looks a bit 'pink'. ;)

I'm going to make him a little darker when it comes to modelling him, a couple of people have said now that he'd look better darker. He's actually mostly deep blood red and purple, but I guess the lighting in the pic detracts from that.

This mod looks kinda cool. i think that i might downlaod it if i hear good things about it.

NEW ART! NEW FORMAT FOR THESE POSTS!

Piece 1: Marauder Scuttler.
Time taken: About 8 hours, I reckon, on and off.
Lessons learnt: It is difficult to shade large objects realistically. How to shade different materials. After eight hours, your fingers attempt to fuse to your pencil.
Pencil used: About three centimetres.

Piece 2: Corporal Sam Hammich.
Time taken: About six hours, all up.
Lessons learnt: Shiny stuff is fun. Contrast in specularity is cool. Human faces are hard as hell. New hair technique.
Pencil used: About a centimetre.

Opinions? I really like how the shininess on Sam's armour came out...

Back