Buh-Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Pi are you on some kind of banning power trip?

Are you on some kind of lack of comprehension trip?

I banned one person yesterday. Try and keep up with current events.

If I was on a "banning power trip", whatever that might be, I would have just banned them instead of asking them to stop.

Moto-x_Pat, remember me?! Don't go to the dark side! Pi works for the forces of good!

You wanna act like not a single hetaira member didn't flame Foxtrot?

I didn't flame him. :p

So anyway. Pity Ritz has gone but hey, if we've learnt anything from all this, it's that if they're leaving...they've probably gone to a better place. :eek:

Feath said:
It's not. Please... Tell me how having a group of friends on a different forum is provoking everyone. Please.
It's not the mere existence of a "secret" society that bothered them... it's how the Hetairia in-crowd kept thrusting it into the discussion over here... how they were teasing everyone that wasn't in the society by dropping hints in halflife2.net threads... how the banner was changed so that reflection would say "hetairia"... and then how ****ing pissed off and defensive they got when everyone finally caught on to their little game (albeit with some probably false information thrown in, like how they were supposedly going to start a war and take over halflife2.net)... then, acting like it was someone else's fault that they eventually destroyed their own secret world. Sure, neither side of the "conflict" (I don't think congress voted to declare war) was mature about it... but if you want to blame anyone, blame the people that were playing those little mind games.

CyberSh33p said:
Moto-x_Pat, remember me?! Don't go to the dark side! Pi works for the forces of good!

Yes, Pi Mu Rho is good. He defends us from the axis of evil. He is good.

[/brainwashing]

but if you want to blame anyone, blame the people that were playing those little mind games.

To be fair, we did tell them to stop it.

just remember that he's at Supremecommand.org now its the "new" and if its site war you're after we've got Ue3.org fired up

Already taken it to PMs, Pi. But yeah I'd be interested if someone could tell me what Hetairia did wrong. PM me with a link or something. Thanks!

Ritz,

I will miss you, alot. You were one of the more mature members (Like Sulkdodds, Ennui etc) which made me want to moderate here.

Ah well, farewell.

Danimal said:
Ritz,

I will miss you, alot. You were one of the more mature members (Like Sulkdodds, Ennui etc) which made me want to moderate here.

Ah well, farewell.

Come to think of it, Sulks comes across to me as one of those distinguished gentlemen that smokes a pipe, but maybe that's just his avatar talking

OCybrManO said:
Oh no, it's Zerimski! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

He'll kill us all!!!!!!!!!!!!! *begins rocking motion, murmuring to self*

Zerimski is a kind, good, selfless person who only works for the good of the entire community.

15357 said:
Zerimski is a kind, good, selfless person who only works for the good of the entire community.

Brainwashing? Just kidding.....:cheers:

15357 said:
He is, actually.

*runs away*

I believe you. But the paranoid side of me (a very big side) thinks that it's terrible that they got to you too.

OCybrManO said:
It's not the mere existence of a "secret" society that bothered them... it's how the Hetairia in-crowd kept thrusting it into the discussion over here... how they were teasing everyone that wasn't in the society by dropping hints in halflife2.net threads... how the banner was changed so that reflection would say "hetairia"... and then how ****ing pissed off and defensive they got when everyone finally caught on to their little game (albeit with some probably false information thrown in, like how they were supposedly going to start a war and take over halflife2.net)... then, acting like it was someone else's fault that they eventually destroyed their own secret world. Sure, neither side of the "conflict" (I don't think congress voted to declare war) was mature about it... but if you want to blame anyone, blame the people that were playing those little mind games.
Okay, I want to try to set things straight. A lot of members are saying that they have nothing against the forum of Hetairia, but they don't respect how it was "dangled" in front of them in a mocking manner. Well, I figured I would go through HL2.net and find out every time it was mentioned or referenced.

1. A couple members had "Hetairia" in their signatures. Most members did not.
2. A long time ago, Sprafa openly announced hetairia and no one cared. (P.S Look at this)
3. There was a thread where a few members joked about airiateh (Hetairia spelled backwards)
4. The "Free Munro!" signature fad was started. Hetairia was just as confused about what it meant as everyone else.
5. The Halflife2.net banner was altered.
6. There was a couple people in Hetairia that used Pedobear, our mascot, as their avatar.

If you want to see every single time Hetairia was mentioned in a thread before this entire episode; search all of the forums for the word "Hetairia." As you can see, its few and far between, with 16 threads total. Think about it. Hetairia was only mentioned in 16 threads in the past! Hardly a dent in the huge amount of threads that this forum goes through every day.

Honestly, yes, we did some jerky things (with the banner, mostly, and perhaps the signatures). But we didn't dangle, or tease, as much as we are being accused. And if you really, really wanted to find out what Hetairia was, it was pretty damn easy...

You could have google searched. It is the eighth "secret society" down. Also, it was blatently mentioned a few times in the 16 threads that you can look through if you'd like.

Why was Hetairia kept "secret?" We didn't want to hurt people's feelings. Obviously, if you want to keep a small, centralized, and close friendship-based community, you can't invite every single person that is awesome. Think of having a small party with a few close friends. If you're allowed to bring whoever in, then eventually it wouldn't be a small party any more. And it wouldn't be a party of close friends, because your friend invited his friend who invited his friend, who you never saw before in your life. It shouldn't be taken as an insult.

And yes, perhaps we hinted at it at Halflife2.net more than we should have, but when you look at it, we blatently stated what it was just as much as the hints were given. We apologize for that, but we certainly didn't do it as much as most people here are suggesting. The people spreading lies were very out of line, and they did more damage to this community than anything I've ever seen. Which, of course, was also not Hetairia's intention.

But anyways, its over, I'm tired of talking about it, bleh.

I was invited twice but not a third time? ...my feelings are hurt ;)

thanks for clarifying Erestheux :)

Danimal said:
Ritz,

Ah well, farewell.
All of a sudden I wubs you.

hey, we could turn all this into a soap opera! like neighbours, but better.

Erestheux said:
Okay, I want to try to set things straight. A lot of members are saying that they have nothing against the forum of Hetairia, but they don't respect how it was "dangled" in front of them in a mocking manner. Well, I figured I would go through HL2.net and find out every time it was mentioned or referenced.

1. A couple members had "Hetairia" in their signatures. Most members did not.
2. A long time ago, Sprafa openly announced hetairia and no one cared. (P.S Look at this)
3. There was a thread where a few members joked about airiateh (Hetairia spelled backwards)
4. The "Free Munro!" signature fad was started. Hetairia was just as confused about what it meant as everyone else.
5. The Halflife2.net banner was altered.
6. There was a couple people in Hetairia that used Pedobear, our mascot, as their avatar.

If you want to see every single time Hetairia was mentioned in a thread before this entire episode; search all of the forums for the word "Hetairia." As you can see, its few and far between, with 16 threads total. Think about it. Hetairia was only mentioned in 16 threads in the past! Hardly a dent in the huge amount of threads that this forum goes through every day.

Honestly, yes, we did some jerky things (with the banner, mostly, and perhaps the signatures). But we didn't dangle, or tease, as much as we are being accused. And if you really, really wanted to find out what Hetairia was, it was pretty damn easy...

You could have google searched. It is the eighth "secret society" down. Also, it was blatently mentioned a few times in the 16 threads that you can look through if you'd like.

Why was Hetairia kept "secret?" We didn't want to hurt people's feelings. Obviously, if you want to keep a small, centralized, and close friendship-based community, you can't invite every single person that is awesome. Think of having a small party with a few close friends. If you're allowed to bring whoever in, then eventually it wouldn't be a small party any more. And it wouldn't be a party of close friends, because your friend invited his friend who invited his friend, who you never saw before in your life. It shouldn't be taken as an insult.

And yes, perhaps we hinted at it at Halflife2.net more than we should have, but when you look at it, we blatently stated what it was just as much as the hints were given. We apologize for that, but we certainly didn't do it as much as most people here are suggesting. The people spreading lies were very out of line, and they did more damage to this community than anything I've ever seen. Which, of course, was also not Hetairia's intention.

But anyways, its over, I'm tired of talking about it, bleh.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH ON A LEVEL OF EXTREMITY RARELY IF EVER REPRESENTED ON THE INTERNETS

Sulkdodds said:
:D

/me goes off and smokes his pipe
/me goes with him (d00d we can look sophisticated, rock on)

TheSomeone said:
And by the way, those 5 members alone constitute over 1% of the post on this forum ( I did the math). That means that those 5 members out of _16,000_ have made 1 post for every hundred.

Another funfact: Only one of the casualties is permanently banned, and only two are banned at all (including the permanent ban)

Don't worry, I'll try and make a hell of a lot more posts than they did. I'm not going anywhere.

It goes on: "et lux perpetua luceat est" I think, but feel free to correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back