CNNMoney: new HL2 release date!

Hmm somehow i don't belive that...

I'm guessing sept. 30.

There goes my prediction for a release in May... :x

I think it would becoming the new official target relase date from the developer itself. The only other official target release date is the defunct Sept 30 2003.

They're saying it was delayed by the source theft...

Doug Lombardi... That guy seems a little out of touch...

im just gonna cry abit all by myself over here.....

September isnt actually in the summer so i wouldnt count on that. I would guess more along the lines of june-august.

I hope for a late june release, just after my exams. And whether I passed or not won't matter, cause then I'd have HL2 :p

im sorry is this the same Doug lombardi that said and i qoute

"sept 30th"

"yes sept 30th"

"it didnt change from the last time i answered"

"definately sept 30th"

in PC zone who asked him 4 times in the same article.

anyway.... april/may is summer so :rolleyes:

June, July and August are summer months. September is Autumn

i too will be done with finals in may, then ill be working for the summer. ill probably use my first paycheck to buy a new ati card. thinking about spending around $200, no more though, as my system is good, video card is the only thing lacking. so as kleiner said, "conditions could hardly be more ideal." i still dont want to wait though.

Well, Valve is gonna be at E3 2004........................... new stuff :) :) :) :) :D :eek:

i want new stuff now though. i cant wait till E3

i think Valve is just setting a late release so they have more room then saying "Spring 04"

Finnally something clear to focus on :]

Summer...pff that's also gonna take long ..:\

Doesn't this leave inconsistencies to this point:

Gabe said that the source leak was not responsible for the delay. They just needed more time to finish the game.

Am I way out in left field? They're basing their whole story on that site because of the source leak. Isn't this a myth?

Yeah, I noticed that... Doesn't really make it THAT credible.

I really don't believe a thing Doug says anymore.

Imho this should be moved to rumors and speculation.

I agree totally with Munro about Lombardi... wasn't he the one that made the suspicious comment about the origins of the Strider?

Dougy said:
im sorry is this the same Doug lombardi that said and i qoute

"sept 30th"

"yes sept 30th"

"it didnt change from the last time i answered"

"definately sept 30th"

in PC zone who asked him 4 times in the same article.

anyway.... april/may is summer so :rolleyes:

right..................... 30th 2004 :rolling: :E

who cares anymore, it'll be out this year, lets just focus on D3 and Far cry :p, (cant wait too see the new HL2 stuff at E3, but im guessing they wont be giving too much away. :E )

When I have a copy of HL2 in my hands, then I'll start believing in release dates :p

lol you said it, but thats how they want us.. :) all cueing up ready to buy :p ( at E3 you watch... they'll rehype the hype , to even more hype , with cooler stuff :) if it gets to E3 this year that is.. which sounds about right,

Well, I guess we can stop going crazy over HL2 until June 21st...

Hey cheer up guys, imagine this:
To start up the hype again, they will need to surpass last year's E3, just imagine!!

Well... valve also stated that they were shooting for a holiday release. So shooting for a summer release doesn't really make me feel any better. I'm sticking with Sept 30th, 2004. However, like everyone said above, at least we'll get some new HL2 at E3. I mean, they wouldn't reshow the same vids, would they?

And as for you "I'll be playing Doom" peeps. No one knows when Doom 3 will actually be out, but i've seen online gamesite release dates as late as July. I know online release dates are total crap, but I don't think I've ever seen one that was for LATER than the actual game was released. So, don't get your hopes up there either.

Far Cry is slated for a late March release date, IF they can get multiplayer whipped into shape. I'm counting more on late April for Far Cry.

Thank goodness for BF:Vietnam, and UT2K4. We sure as hell need some new game releases.

i guarantee any new content released at E3 will be so mind blowingly cool, simply because they will have to show something to top last years, which was very impressive. i cant even imagine how nice it will be to get new footage.

mad max said:
According to CNNMoney - "While still shying away from giving a firm date, Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing, told me the company "is currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2"."

http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/02/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

Well, at least now we can norrow down the release around this summer 2004.

HMMMM, I hear DNF all over again. Oh yeah and Doom 3. Why the f*** don't they just finish the game then hype it up. Are the people in the gaming industry complete morons? Its simple, you create the game, finish the game, you market the game. But no, Valve has to go play f***ing mind games. Oh yeah, CS:CZ is gold, oh wait sorry, it's not. HL2 will be released in September, oh wait sorry, we invited a hacker in to steal our source code. HL2 will be released in April 2004, oh wait, we're just f***ing with you, we're just going to release it W.....I.....D. VALVE, STOP MAKING PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP!!!!!

I seriously doubt it will come out in the summer months. Most people have better things to do then game in the summer... But then again I might be mistaken.

Eh, maybe summer is a good idea. Video card sales will go up drastically, and since it's the summer, the GPA of all the students in the world won't drop violently.

I'm with Kaf11, the hype and presentation at this year's E3 are going to be simply amazing. I'm getting excited already.

Also, if they are seriously thinking about finishing the game this summer, we may be talking a late may post-E3 release date, and if that's the case, we'll be getting all kinds of hype goodies coming in april and may.

At least we now have an "official" estimate of a new date, straight from Valve... sure, it's Lombardi, but he does work at Valve.

Spiffae said:
At least we now have an "official" estimate of a new date, straight from Valve... sure, it's Lombardi, but he does work at Valve.

Their earlier attempts at SOLID release dates were less than successful. I'd take a "targeted" release date with an entire tub of salt.

Back