CNNMoney: new HL2 release date!

"we invited a hacker in to steal our source code" errr u really think that? ur being a little silly now.

err , too much bickering about hackers and valve, and lies,, why not stop all of this now and forget it cause someone always brings it up, all us members talk too much about it,, its not important anymore, we cant change anything, :rolleyes: ... we have realease dates and E3 to focus on.

Iconoclast said:
Their earlier attempts at SOLID release dates were less than successful. I'd take a "targeted" release date with an entire tub of salt.

Oh believe me, I certainly do. You have to admit, though, that he isn't just saying this for the fun of seeing everyone get excited. (actually, maybe he is) There's got to be some reason for this announcement, however dubious it may seem.

I'm not convinced we'll see HL2 this summer...that doesn't mean I can't hope.

aarrrrgg not summer my computer is going to blow up, I will have to play it only at night or something.

As far as I'm concerned what Dough says is what valve is saying, he does work there you know. If he says Summer then thats what valve is saying. However we all know not to trust that in the slightest, it could be before or after the summer months. It just depends on whether or not Valves programmers can complete the code there working on in the time they think they can. They could do it way quicker than they thought or the other way round.

to be quite honest, i dont want to know the date if its June or september, it would just be more of a painful wait, knowing the exact time I have to wait is way worse, and would probably make time seem to pass much slower. :p

Well I figure it this way:

We have another 5 months to build up our anxiety for another let down, woo yay go Valve!

lol Rotor head you do it your way.. ;). :upstare: lol intresting Avatar....... :upstare: ....... :stare: ........ :upstare: ........ :stare: .... weeee. :E

kaf11 said:
i guarantee any new content released at E3 will be so mind blowingly cool, simply because they will have to show something to top last years, which was very impressive. i cant even imagine how nice it will be to get new footage.

how much you want to bet that all valve shows at E3 this year will be stuff that everyone has already seen in the alpha/beta thingy.

Ill bet ya a penny, that they show possibly one new preview video, and the rest will be CZ. who knows though, they could have a few new vids :) , screenshots definately :thumbs:

Here's the part that pisses me off... BIG TIME.

We totally see where we stand with Valve. We ask about releases, updates, etc. NOTHING. NADA. **** OFF FANS. But then some idiot out of nowhere from teh b!g CNN Money website asks Valve about it, and Valve can't wait to tell this guy??? "Sure, we're targetting a summer release". I mean, if the CNN Money dude hadn't even asked, would we know now? hell no. I mean, I know they're making the game for us, but would they mind not walking all over us in the process? How hard would it have been for them to reply to one of our million emails asking about a targetted release date? We're sitting here in limbo, not knowing where the hell the game is, if it's even going to come out in 2004! Sheesh.

There is some truth in what you say....

I have been getting agitated recently. But meh, what can you do. :( ;(

clarky003 said:
who cares anymore, it'll be out this year, lets just focus on D3 and Far cry :p, (cant wait too see the new HL2 stuff at E3, but im guessing they wont be giving too much away. :E )

Exaclty....the game will be out some time ....we can't change that in the least. So let's enjoy the games which will be out before then and forget about it until "the" day arrives.

Man, people get too worked up over this stuff. It's a game.

HL2 and NV :sleep:

HL2 and ATI :rolling: :thumbs: :eek:

image4.gif

ReZeroX said:
how much you want to bet that all valve shows at E3 this year will be stuff that everyone has already seen in the alpha/beta thingy.
i bet you a dollar that they will show something cool and unexpected. of course they wont reveal anything indepth about the story, but maybe something like a new vehicle, or some cool ai of a new enemy. trust me, valve wont show up with some stuff that they know was already shown in the UNFINISHED version of the beta. it will be awesome, i cant wait till E3.

clarky003 said:
Ill bet ya a penny, that they show possibly one new preview video, and the rest will be CZ. who knows though, they could have a few new vids :) , screenshots definately :thumbs:

CZ will be released before E³. They're finally going to announce a proper release date in the coming weeks, and sites already have gold copies that they're reviewing (IE. CSNation, PHL, Homelan).

Summer mean between May-End of Sep

My prediction is Sep

G0rgon said:
Summer mean between May-End of Sep

My prediction is Sep

Summer does not last for 5 months.. It's June, July and August. 3 months. September is not part of summer

Shuzer said:
Summer does not last for 5 months.. It's June, July and August. 3 months. September is not part of summer

actually fall doesnt start till mid september or the 3rd week

maximus0402 said:
actually fall doesnt start till mid september or the 3rd week

The fall on the calendar, yeah. I was thinking more the summer summer, vacation, and the like.

You watch folks.......DOOM 3 will also be delayed. Mark my words that everytime one of the two announces a delay, the other steps up to the plate. You know, the old my dick is bigger than your dick debate. (rougly translated to "Oh, your delaying your game? Good I have more time to spit polish mine and release it one week earlier than you....")

The only thing that drives me nutz is that I've seen the boxes for DOOM 3 at BestBuy and such and it makes it feel like it is THAT much closer. I wonder if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will be out before Halflife2? Wouldn't that be a hoot!

I'm just writing off Halflife2 as a pipe dream until I can warez it somewhere (jk).

VALVE - DON'T MAKE HL2 ANOTHER DNF........FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

GibMonkey
[email protected]

Gorg, Summer does not include september, that is the beginning of the fall for games. How many of you would abandon halflife 2 if they miss their summer target and instead opt for an early 2005 date?

We totally see where we stand with Valve. We ask about releases, updates, etc. NOTHING. NADA. **** OFF FANS. But then some idiot out of nowhere from teh b!g CNN Money website asks Valve about it, and Valve can't wait to tell this guy??? "Sure, we're targetting a summer release". I mean, if the CNN Money dude hadn't even asked, would we know now? hell no. I mean, I know they're making the game for us, but would they mind not walking all over us in the process? How hard would it have been for them to reply to one of our million emails asking about a targetted release date? We're sitting here in limbo, not knowing where the hell the game is, if it's even going to come out in 2004! Sheesh.
What are you complaining about? Atleast they gave us a ballpark figure for a release date. I can understand complaining about not giving a release date at all. But to complain when a potential release date is giving...is just crazy.

Apparently, Valve and Co. only speak to people who have money. So...Hey Valve, I'll give you 50 dollars if you narrow the release date down to a month. ;)

blahblahblah said:
What are you complaining about?

I'm complaining about the fact that Valve is completely ignoring us. And we wouldn't have this release date if someone important (the cnn dude) hadn't asked.

One CNN Dude > Entire HL2 community.

DAMN SUMMER!! I CANT WAIT THAT LONG! THE GAME IS TOO GOOD FOR ME TO BE WAITING THAT LONG!!! IM GOING TO HANG MYSELF!! :sniper: :flame:

It's not true! It's coming out next month! Ahahaha...hah... hah... :(

This parrot is dead

no its not; its pining for the fjords ...

Look what I made to show when I think Half-Life 2 will be released :)

yea...

CreedoG said:
I'm complaining about the fact that Valve is completely ignoring us. And we wouldn't have this release date if someone important (the cnn dude) hadn't asked.

You know why they are ignoring you.... I WOULD IGNORE YOU TOO IF YOU SENT ME HALF A MILLION E-MAILS A DAY!!

Its not so bad. Valve has gotten better, last time they delayed a year, this time 6 months. Works for me

Spiffae said:
At least we now have an "official" estimate of a new date, straight from Valve... sure, it's Lombardi, but he does work at Valve.
Yeah, but it's still Doug Lombardi.

in my opinion Valve is not ignoring,because they know all the money they can win if they put HL2 to sale
or maybe they dont want put or the sale because they are playin it, and they dont want share the game whit no one else, thats THE TRUE¡¡¡¡¡ THE TRUE¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡(joke)
and I can wait to the summer, is better because in the time before I can buy a videocard better or anithing else better to be sure that HL 2 will run good in my computer(I was prefer HL2 to go to sale in my birthday, that would be great(joke)is 23 february(why I writing this?))

will this blows, how can they tell us sept 30 and turns out completely different, i think the hacker was right when he told us that hl2 was incomplete and there was nothing when he stole it in sept.

nsxownzme said:
will this blows, how can they tell us sept 30 and turns out completely different, i think the hacker was right when he told us that hl2 was incomplete and there was nothing when he stole it in sept.

Except, the stolen build isn't anywhere near the quality of what was shown at E³ last year

nsxownzme said:
Do you know how many delayed games I could list that have gone through more than just 2 target dates?

This isn't another DNF...it's another HL. ;)

I don't think after all of this, is a test to see how Valve can improve release dates...
I think its how it's fans can improve how they react and not screw themselves by burning the date in their chest.

They have not done anything for this amount of hype. It's HL2 fans doing it all.
The delay is very common and typical. Not just from Valve.

No one should even consider taking release dates seriously. Instead, take them with a grain of salt...IN YOUR EYE! But seriously, release dates are just to say, "Yes I am going to be released in the near future and I'm only here to make you feel better...I'm like a warm fluffy pillow that's all nice and...fluffy." The only time I took a release date seriously was when Call of Duty came out smack dab, on TIME!!! Halelujah!(?)

actually guys...im kind of happy...because they will be at E3 the exitment factor is going to rise for this game!!!! i cant wait for the new vids....and i have a feeling they added A LOT!!!!!! im glad its coming in the summer....im hoping for a june release...so when i get out of school ill have the whole summer!!!! wooooohooooo

thing that worries me is that he says it is aimed to be completed in the summer, not necessarily released :(

Back