Company Of Hereos Public Beta

Things seem to be working again. I could log in and play with no problems just now. And - man! - did I get my ass kicked!!

i tried to play at work and last night but it was acting up and not connecting right.

time to try again!

It's a good game but the beta's unstable ones I've played but then again I haven't played that many, an example is it CTDed on me while playing a game, now my profile(Gargantou) can't be accessed, nor deleted, it says "Wait, profile is busy, please try again later.", it's gone 4 hours still the same ****.:\
Oh well, I'll deff. be buying this game, it's great when you get a good/stable match going.

you can make another profile on the same account though so that doesn't matter

i had that happen to me too though

also i cant connect to servers this morning either... its very very aggravating

Just keep trying guys. You will be able to log in ... eventually. And it is so worth it. Great game.

Just finished a match on Semois. I pwnd, simply because I was able to keep control of two victory points.

semoisstrat1rd0.jpg

The most northern point was never contested so I could push through with just one engineer squad and capture the area east of the lake. I had an anti tank gun overlooking that area just in case.

I didn't bother with the southern victory point because that was to close to the enemy's base. Holding on to it would turn into a battle of attrition so I built barbed wire and a MG nest on the little island to keep my right flank safe.

The battle pivoted around the central victory point in the town square. I reached that very early on in the game and was able to hold it until the match ended. I transformed the church into a forward barracks, so I could pour fresh meat and AT guns into the battle. I had snipers and MG squads in two other buildings overlooking the square, so enemy infantry never stood a chance. I was a bit slow getting tanks so I needed artillery a couple of times to stay safe, but when my Shermans rolled in the battle was decided.

This was my first game in which I actually had a plan and knew what I was doing. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Afterwards I lit a cigarette and a quote from one of my favorite 80's series popped into mind: I love it when a plan comes together!

30 min and ill finish downloadign the new version Shaker
SETUP A MATCH, IM COMING !!

this game is surprisingly tactically minded. most of the time strategic RTS's are still pretty generic and placing of soldiers and defenses doesn't matter as much as we'd like ( Warcraft 3 and Relic's own Dawn of War are examples ) but in this game, it's very important to have a plan and place your manpower where it counts. I just finished a match on Semois as well. I took the southern point, it's easier to defend than you might think because the only enemy approach is that bridge between the house and the lake, so i set up MG and sniper squads, as well as an AT gun, to cover that approach, took the square, and then most of the heavy fighting was around the northern edge of the lake along that road - he set up his defenses there and I pushed through and assaulted his base with three tanks and several infantry squads.

this game has completely taken me, even if i spend an hour messing with the server browser and trying to connect for every half hour of ingame play. I think i might start a fansite :D

Yeah, it's a great game indeed, if anyone wanna add me to their contacts and have a game, my ingame profile/nick is Gargantou.:)

I'll definitely check it out when I'm on my own computer.

How hardware intensive is it?

Its not too bad. The only problem is, people will hate you if you are running it slow, so keep it on low detail in MP.

And I CANT FREAKING CONNECT. I was able to connect once, and I had to download a 5meg patch, which closed my game, and now I cant connect again.

It taunts me by letting me get to the login screen sometimes, but then it greys out the login button, and then eventually says i lost my connection.

Can only do Tutorial so far, can't get a connection to Relic it says.
Tutorial makes it look pretty damn fun. Reminds me a lot of Soldiers, even thought it was the spiritual succesor to it until I found out it isn't made by the same folks (right?).

I am definitely getting this game.
The coop mode is by far the best part of the game.
I can't remember the last time i enjoyed playing a game against the ai this much.
Two Thumbs Up! :)

Shakermakers reply had me grinning excitably knowing he enjoyed it so much.

I have played through the tutorials, no online play yet, but could you explain to me how to play against AI? It's not possible on your own is it, just co-op?

I'm going away on holiday again now, so i can't play it anymore! D:

The AI's pretty stupid, atleast hte one I played with, on EXPERT settings, it flooded a very secure fuel post, nowhere near the frontlines, with armored trucks etc, it was hilarious.:)

The AI's pretty stupid, atleast hte one I played with, on EXPERT settings, it flooded a very secure fuel post, nowhere near the frontlines, with armored trucks etc, it was hilarious.:)

The bots in the game are there for users testing strategies ONLY... Such as if you wanted to have 3 human players on one side to see how fast you could take the map or something.

The AI is a placeholder and temporary for the beta.

I just finished a match on Semois as well. I took the southern point, it's easier to defend than you might think because the only enemy approach is that bridge between the house and the lake, so i set up MG and sniper squads, as well as an AT gun, to cover that approach, took the square, and then most of the heavy fighting was around the northern edge of the lake along that road - he set up his defenses there and I pushed through and assaulted his base with three tanks and several infantry squads.

lol, Digi must have read this before we started our game coz that was how he beat me. We played Annihilation mode, so no victory points, but the fuel, ammo and personel points are in the same place. Digi was US, me Ze Germans, and he completely cut me off there. I held the square for quite some time, but then he came with a giant Sherman force and completely rolled me up. Still a lot of fun tho. I saved the replay so I'll get some screenshots from the action.

The AI's pretty stupid

The AI doesn't act very logically but it wtfpwns me anyway.

Hectic Glenn said:
Shakermakers reply had me grinning excitably knowing he enjoyed it so much.

lol yeah, I liked it so much I had to go mad on diagrams and colonel Hannibal.

Just played my first game with some random bloke, had a blast. It was against the AI, but I wanted to figure things out properly before I start getting my arse kicked. ;)

The AI isn't too bad though. Took ages to push them back, and eventually when we arrived at their tank depot - there were probably around 30 or more tanks all sandwiched onto a field doing absolutely nothing. :LOL: A lovely target for artillery :D

I played the tutorials. It was pretty cool, but it rapes my computer on high settings, plus the fact that there are too many connection errors for me to join a game.

I'll play another game tomorrow, I'd love to play with some of you guys, though I suck.:)

I'd love to play some of you guys, but the only problem I have is that I can't even join a game and I lose connection constantly. Its blowing me so much. I can only play the tutorial.

ok am i being retarded ...but do you have to pay for a fileplanet account so you can download this or not

ok am i being retarded ...but do you have to pay for a fileplanet account so you can download this or not

You can be a non-paying subscriber to get it. You can also use your 3D Gamers or Gamespy account.

thanx im downloading now
cant wait. If warhammer is anything to go by then this game is going to rock.

this game is alot of fun!
if you like RTS' you should check it out

Is it me, or are AT guns freakin' overpowered?

Indeed, I'd also like to have more control when creating servers, such as allowing or disallowing the use of artillery etc, I just got my ass whooped by some guy who used artillery way to much, it wasn't really any fun, he was just using artillery like a bloody coward :( It was on Semois btw.. I still need to get a good feel for that map..

can't wait for it to get fixed. I was able to connect to one 1v1 game amidst horrible errors, and lost very quickly because I didnt know you had to hold the "victory points" to win.

The game certainly sounds like a blast from what people are saying so far.

Can't wait to try it. n.n

Anyone have any screenies or videos they took?

Just finished a three hour marathon match with Digi. Man, what a game. We played McChechaen's War, 1 vs. 1. The first part of the game had a couple of small skirmishes but nothing really big. We heavily fortified the ground we took and it was basically a 50/50 situation. Then Digi started his offensive. He eventually took two points in the middle of the map and with my supplies very low, I thought I was going to lose. Digi kept coming with his Shermans and I could just barely keep up, producing Mark IV's and throwing in Tigers whenever I could. Those Tigers saved the day. They are almost unbeatable. What won me the game I think was that while the panzers were fighting in the middle and with the flags there retaken, I could sneak up a halftrack with two rifle squads off to my right flank to take some unprotected flags there. With the extra resources that gave me I could build enough tanks to start my final offensive. All in all it was the best match of CoH I played so far. gg Digi!!
Oh, almost forgot: the battlefield afterwards

Just finished a three hour marathon match with Digi. Man, what a game. We played McChechaen's War, 1 vs. 1. The first part of the game had a couple of small skirmishes but nothing really big. We heavily fortified the ground we took and it was basically a 50/50 situation. Then Digi started his offensive. He eventually took two points in the middle of the map and with my supplies very low, I thought I was going to lose. Digi kept coming with his Shermans and I could just barely keep up, producing Mark IV's and throwing in Tigers whenever I could. Those Tigers saved the day. They are almost unbeatable. What won me the game I think was that while the panzers were fighting in the middle and with the flags there retaken, I could sneak up a halftrack with two rifle squads off to my right flank to take some unprotected flags there. With the extra resources that gave me I could build enough tanks to start my final offensive. All in all it was the best match of CoH I played so far. gg Digi!!
Oh, almost forgot: the battlefield afterwards
gg !

p.s damn you and your tigers !

:smoking: I finally got into another game! This game is so fun.

Basically I was playing against an equally noobish player, and the battle swung back and forth quite a bit. It started off with me taking most of the territory because I flanked one of his victory points when he least expected it, and I quickly took all the victory points on the map.

However, while I was fortifying the victory points, he got out a sherman tank before I could get out any armor. He flanked my AT guns and killed them, then wasted all of my infantry, and captured back two of the three victory points. Then, as he was going for the third victory point, one of my AT guns got a critical hit on him out of sheer luck, and blew him up.

Just then, I got my first tank out, a Stug. It was really funny and an awesome moment when I flanked some of his infantry trying to capture my last victory point. When the Stug came up to them (driving backwards, I might add) one of the american soldiers yelled, "You're gotta be ****ing kidding me! It's a ****ing STUG!!"

I ended up taking back the battlefield with my Stugs, but then the battle swung again when he started bombarding me with artillery and using snipers. It then swung again when I got my first line of panzers out. At that point it became clear that german tanks are far superior to american tanks. I only lost one of my two panzers and destroyed at least six shermans retaking the central victory point.

I was able to hold the victory point long enough to get a tiger tank. I then decided "hey, I'll just drive this tiger right into his base!" So I moved the tiger right through his front lines, taking almost no damage, and rolled right into his base and took out the few AT guns defending it, then I won.

this game is awesome! I only wish it didn't crash so much.

The ingame patch downloader doesn't work for me and there's no mirror/fix in sight :/

heheh, funny how this game makes you want to write down your war stories. I finished almost an hour ago and I am re-running the game in my head.

One of the things I really like about this game is how the battlefield changes so drastically during a game. Check this out:
Before the battle
After the battle
The first MP FPS to pull that kind of destruction off has still to be made. Destructable terrain and buildings ftw!

heheh, funny how this game makes you want to write down your war stories. I finished almost an hour ago and I am re-running the game in my head.

One of the things I really like about this game is how the battlefield changes so drastically during a game. Check this out:
Before the battle
After the battle
The first MP FPS to pull that kind of destruction off has still to be made. Destructable terrain and buildings ftw!

HOLY SH*T that is awesome... but still I can't join any games.

guh every time i read this thread i have the urge to play. hope its working right now

guh every time i read this thread i have the urge to play. hope its working right now

I know, the gameplay everyone is talking about sounds great to play with. But sadly some of us can't connect to any games. I can get into the login screen and into the "Play" tab where all the games are shown, but I can't join any game.

Back