Company Of Hereos Public Beta

lol just got totally pwnd by Digi. We played St. Hilaire. Digi got to the main square quicker than me, plus he pumped out Pershings faster than you can say "Tiger tank". I chose the Blitzkrieg techtree but I had never enough resources to really use it well. When Digi started his final assault the game crashed to desktop. He crushed me and the game.

BTW when we started, logging in was smooth as butter again and joining the game gave no error windows at all. I don't understand why the problems Relic is facing seem so random.

lol just got totally pwnd by Digi. We played St. Hilaire. Digi got to the main square quicker than me, plus he pumped out Pershings faster than you can say "Tiger tank". I chose the Blitzkrieg techtree but I had never enough resources to really use it well. When Digi started his final assault the game crashed to desktop. He crushed me and the game.

BTW when we started, logging in was smooth as butter again and joining the game gave no error windows at all. I don't understand why the problems Relic is facing seem so random.
gg :D

The game couldnt handle all the skills digi braught to the table.

i played an epic match on St. Hilaire yesterday. i lost because my teammate dropped out and I couldn't handle all the micro, but the main square was basically flattened by the time it was over, and covered in burnt-out tank husks.

4 hours before I come after you bitches.

Take cover.

Whoa, you pwnd me there Digi. Tiger Ace ftw. gg

Is Xfire being a bitch for u too btw?

good game, but im too busy looking at the awesome battles instead of controlling it rofl

I just lost two tigers because I accidentally bombarded them with my own artillery :LOL:

my enemy was like, "yes, saved from above!"

no kidding, one tiger ace took out three shermans and a ranger AT squad of mine. my shots kept pinging off its armor

get behind it, hit it with artillery and always keep your infantry moving. The tiger's turret is too slow to accuratley follow infantry if you get them up close. It would also probably help to distract it with a rifleman squad or something so you can get your armor behind it.

i might get this
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=646727

* Collector's Edition Content:
- Steelbook case
- Exclusive D-Day map detailing Able Company's battles across German-occupied France
- Paratrooper’s Survival Guide
- Authentic Vehicle Identification Quiz Cards used by soldiers to quickly identify enemies or allies
- Behind-The-Scenes Interactive Bonus DVD

get behind it, hit it with artillery and always keep your infantry moving. The tiger's turret is too slow to accuratley follow infantry if you get them up close. It would also probably help to distract it with a rifleman squad or something so you can get your armor behind it.

i know, i couldn't get my tanks behind it though and i wasn't using a pathway with arty.

DigiQ8 said:
i might get this

- Steelbook case
- Exclusive D-Day map detailing Able Company's battles across German-occupied France
- Authentic Vehicle Identification Quiz Cards used by soldiers to quickly identify enemies or allies
i definitely will i think

I just got done with owning people up with Dalamari and Pesh in Ventrilo. We make a good trio. We won three straight matches.

Ever since the Beta came out I've been unable to join a single game, and its blowing me so much. I keep getting the Connection Problem error everytime I try to join a game and then it disconnects me back to the main menu.

I reeeally want to try this, but the damn thing won't connect to any game :(

I just got murdered on a 4vs4 game, enemy ran right over me with tanks before I could build significant amounts of AT guns.

Meh, runs like shit for me even on lowest settings. :(

From what I managed to play though, it seems really solid.
Love blowing enemies out of buildings, or just setting the building on fire with a croc-tank, and then proceeding to hammer it with a few other tanks.

But the stuttering was so bad that I just couldn't be arsed to keep playing, same thing for the damn load times.

Christ, I really need to upgrade this piece of shit. x.x

I havnt been able to join a game since this latest patch, sucks bad I need my fix.

I havnt been able to join a game since this latest patch, sucks bad I need my fix.

I only get lucky after the Relic server restarts. When there's below 750 people online I can usually join games. Tonight, I was trying for about half an hour when there was a restart. I joined a 2v2 VP match on St Hilaire. My teammate dropped pretty quickly into the match and I was never able to take enough VP's to be in a winning position. I made an epic last stand tho. I managed to hold onto one VP altho those two Yankee bastards threw everything they had at me. Now the Relic server is full again and I can't join any games anymore. Meh.

I made an amazing comeback the other day: It was my second game, and I had 5 points left, and the enemy had his full 500. I managed a perfect push on both ends of the 2 player map and took and held both VPs, and managed to take down the center one, and keep the enemy from taking that. I mantained until victory.

I didn't get to enjoy the demo cause it ran really really poorly on my machine.

PCGamer US just gave Company Of Heroes an Amazing 96%
also they have the Singleplayer Demo on their disc.
"Not just the greatest WWII RTS ever, but one of the greatest RTS games ever, period."

torrent anyone :p ?

PCGamer US just gave Company Of Heroes an Amazing 96%
also they have the Singleplayer Demo on their disc.
"Not just the greatest WWII RTS ever, but one of the greatest RTS games ever, period."

torrent anyone :p ?

That is awesome, and most likely well deserved

Anyone else feel like they'de enjoy Company of Heroes oh-so-much more if it weren't another (ANOTHER) WWII game?

Who is up for a match in about 90 minutes time?

Anyone else feel like they'de enjoy Company of Heroes oh-so-much more if it weren't another (ANOTHER) WWII game?

Nope, I have no problems with the setting at all.

Who is up for a match in about 90 minutes time?

Nope, I have no problems with the setting at all.

Me.

My ingame profile is "Baited". Add me/look for me/get ready for me to beat your ass.

EDIT: Goddamit, everytime I join a game, it takes 10 years to load. Then, when I get in the game, the other players are either not there, or it gives me the message that they are dead. Any ideas?

EDIT: Goddamit, everytime I join a game, it takes 10 years to load. Then, when I get in the game, the other players are either not there, or it gives me the message that they are dead. Any ideas?

Not a clue. Have u tried the official forums yet? Check this board. The devs are watching and also replying.

argh, the servers just went down right before i started a game with some people.

Heh, I was just in a server with you Baited. Name's JimmyB. It took an age for it to load for me, stuck on 'Waiting for Players' for a few minutes before I just gave up.

Nope, I rather like it, especially how realistic it is when the way they balance both factions. Germans have the ownage tanks and machine guns, Americans have all these paratrooper and bombing runs among other crap.

I'll never bore of WW2.

Heh, I was just in a server with you Baited. Name's JimmyB. It took an age for it to load for me, stuck on 'Waiting for Players' for a few minutes before I just gave up.

Yea, that is because of me. Goddamit, I can't believe how long it takes to load. I get 3/4 of the way, then it locks up for 5 minutes. Then it decides to start loading again. By that time, everyone in the server is just pissed and leaves. I already turned all my settings down in hopes of fixing it, but nothing.

This game rocks like hell, but it is a bitch since I can't even play.

i'm about to pwn vegeta's couch in a game

i might get this

- Steelbook case

Why isn't there a UK collectors edition?

:(

Yeah, the CE is US-only. Which is a crappy move by THQ from my perspective coz I would have bought it if I could.

Gonna start a server pretty soon. If anyone is up for a game, just Xfire me.

i'm about to pwn vegeta's couch in a game
It was like my 4th game, FIRST time playing as Axis, and, was it me and you on a team? But anyway, we totally owned them, main base and all. I had like 3 tigers and 8 Pz4s.

Back