Company Of Hereos Public Beta

Digi:

What are your system specs? The demo gave my system loads of performance problems.

A64 3000+
6800gt 256mb
2gb Corsair XMS Pro

I had to run on medium settings or else everything went choppy. :( i.e., my game during those in-game cutscenes looked nothing like those screens.

Or PC Gamer. :p

Yeah, that CPU difference would just about do it. Not only is my CPU holding back my 6800, my 6800 runs really hot and sometimes nearly overheats. Upgrading somewhat soon. Thnaks.

The demo is crashing for me Im on the carentan mission and get about 7 mins in the countdown and it crashes! It did the same thing once on omaha and Ive tryed several different graphical configs:(. I like it tho at least what I can play!

didn't care for the singleplayer demo, but i haven't played an RTS with a single player i liked since Starcraft so that's no biggie. it was kinda fun, but almost too scripted feeling.

MP all the way for me

The term "comp stomp" is pretty outdated now. The comp now stomps players :(

Got our asses kicked in a 3v3 with 2 normal and 1 easy bot..

I still haven't had a chance to play with any of you guys.

Whisper me ingame (Baited), and we'll get a match going. I'm going to boot up CoH now and see if the damned connection problems are fixed.

The servers are crap today. So I played the SP demo. Very impressed. Carentan looks great. Can't wait to play the rest of the campaign.

Still torrenting that damn demo!

Would leave it over night but PC uses so much energy it is stupid :/

Patch 1.18 for the MP beta is out:
  • Changes to connecting to games: When people ahead of you in the connection queue fail or stop you now remove them from the list of people you need to connect to.
  • Art added to fix the boxes on St Hilaire.
  • Fixes for loading issues when other people quit just as the game countdown finishes.

And there's no speech in the game anymore. That's a cock-up by Relic's QA department.

A Relic dev made this post on the official forums. It's concerning the missing sound files in the 1.18 patch:

Mecha said:
We're working on this right now and yes, it's very embarassing that it was broken and that it didn't get spotted until the patch went live.

There will be a small new patch today to fix this issue and the servers will also be reset to complete the fix for connecting to games. Hopefully this greatly improves people's experience trying to connect to games.

Tripple posting madness:

Patch 1.19 is out.

Patch notes:

Company of Heroes (BETA) Patch 1.19.0
# Re-enable speech in game. We apologise for this mistake.

Where are all the heavy-urban maps like we saw in the E3 video?

Man this game is gunna rock when its out :) Im digging Nazi blitz doctrine

Maps will fun to build for this.

Ok, i can say after the single-player beta demo this game will rule!

Now how do i get to play the mp beta, still need a key which they aint supplying anymore?

D:

Well *checks*:

Items not yet dispatched:
Delivery estimate: 28 Sep 2006 - 29 Sep 2006

* 1 of: Company of Heroes (PC)

:D

Good news for everyone without a MP beta key:

Buggo@Relic said:
Thought you guys would like to know that there will be 15,000 new beta keys released on Wednesday through Fileplanet (Subscription not required)

Link

i have my new pc too so i can finally play (long time heroes of ww ii fan), hopefully i'll remember to sign up.

i have my new pc too so i can finally play (long time heroes of ww ii fan), hopefully i'll remember to sign up.

You can download the client and the patches already. Just get your key tomorrow.

You can download the client and the patches already. Just get your key tomorrow.
ok, thanks.

i have to dl ~2.5gb, this better be freaking good. :x

.. and wow, this ign/fileplanet download manager isn't too bad.

Gettin mine from the Relic BitTorrent thingy, how will i get the CD Key though?

Gettin mine from the Relic BitTorrent thingy, how will i get the CD Key though?

You can get it on Fileplanet tomorrow. They will prolly put a link up or something.

Be prepared to get addicted!

I will!

Just got the FilePlanet download manager, should i use that or the torrent?

Edit: Wow aweseom, paused my PoE torrent and using the FilePlanet d/l manager i'm getting a speed of 55+ k/sec

:D Edit: Wow aweseom, paused my PoE torrent and using the FilePlanet d/l manager i'm getting a speed of 55+ k/sec

You should get quicker speeds on FP than that, even if you're not a paying subscriber. I used to get about 700 kb/s on the public UK server.

Why haven't I played any of you yet? It's frustrating beating down helpless strangers.

Whisper Baited ingame and let's get a match going, dammit.

lol, peshmerga just owned me by amassing scores of shermans and completley overwhelming my force of tigers and panthers.

are the new cd-keys available, if so, where do i go to get them ?!

Back