Company Of Hereos Public Beta

all i know is i rolled right over poor pesmerga, he couldn't stop the combined might of a Tiger Ace and 8 Panzer IVs :D

Nah i hate cheats, but some fool had like 10 stugs and a metric ton of other crap in the first 3 minutes of the game.

Heh, didn't know there was a difference between a Tiger and a Tiger Ace, but after trying it, Ace is damn sexy. With some light artillery and the Ace and some pioneers repairing, 5 Shermans were no problem :D

Heh, didn't know there was a difference between a Tiger and a Tiger Ace, but after trying it, Ace is damn sexy. With some light artillery and the Ace and some pioneers repairing, 5 Shermans were no problem :D

Were you playing me by any chance? I was in 2 v 2 match on McGechaen's War. Your partner dropped quite early in the game. Mine dropped just before we would have slaughtered your base, but then I got my ass kicked (in a very n00bish way) by an Ace Tiger and some Zugs and Mark IVs. I am a bit ashamed of that match.

Were you playing me by any chance? I was in 2 v 2 match on McGechaen's War. Your partner dropped quite early in the game. Mine dropped just before we would have slaughtered your base, but then I got my ass kicked (in a very n00bish way) by an Ace Tiger and some Zugs and Mark IVs. I am a bit ashamed of that match.

Nah, I wouldn't ever win a 2v1 match :D

I played a different map and my partner didn't drop out. It was a cool match, bit of a stalemate on the chokepoints, lots of artillery, small skirmishes. Had fun moving all my tanks out of the way of Howitzer bombardements every minute :p

Anyone else think tank AI is severely lacking in this game? Infantry AI is so advanced, better than most shooters, but tanks don't even check for friendly fire and they'll drive right into eachother. Also, if you sometimes send a tank to attack another one, he'll move to point blank range where they stand there shooting at eachother. They automatically move out of the way of artillery shelling, but that's it. You gotta babysit your tanks, micromanage every turn they make. You can't rely on your tank turning his strongest front side to the enemy, he'll happily face his rear armor towards a Tiger.

Tanks are still too much like C&C or other traditional RTS, you produce a bunch and send a colon of them at the enemy. Tanks are done much better in Soldiers: HoWWII imo.

Yeah um, I have no idea what people are complaining about. You can still download it elsewhere, like a torrent, and you can STILL get a key right here: http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/coh_signup.aspx

I can sign up as many times as I want with completely random emails and names.

5f59-4b03-a260-7a35-6437

There's a new key right there.

Maybe it is possible for you to get more keys because you signed up before the beta became closed. Because I can't get the key eventhough I add all necessary info to the link you provided vegeta. So I'm asking if you could send a key for me by PM because I think that the key in your post is gonna be in use pretty fast. Thanks.

Dude, the info can be anything. I got that key right there (and another key I sent via PM) by entering something like [email protected] with completely random names and age and what-not.

I have no idea why it isn't working for you, I tried it at work (complletely different computer and ISP) and it worked fine too.

Edit:

Rofl... Stupid moment here. I just realised that the same key keeps popping up. Haha, wow, how did I not notice that. Well anyway, I'm willing to bet that it will work anyway. The key is probably just a check to see you got it from fileplanet or something, I'm willing to bet duplicates can be used or whatever, go ahead and try it out.

You know what's really odd though? I got that same key at work too! Now that's just confusing... I put in completely random data every time, and it obviously couldn't have been cookies because of the fact that I was on a completely different computer... And it's still weird that it doesn't work for any of you! I'm so confused :(

So what is this game like, for those of us who's computers for some reason or another couldn't play it? The tutorial, as far as I got into it... seemed very dull. obviously I didn't get far enough in to enjoy it.

Expect a massive patch today + additional keys tomorrow for who pre-ordered

The new patch\client ( for who dont have the beta ) will include all of the tweaks and changes that the full retail version will have.

Expect a massive patch today + additional keys tomorrow for who pre-ordered

The new patch\client ( for who dont have the beta ) will include all of the tweaks and changes that the full retail version will have.
ALL? Does that mean we'll finally get a good AI?:cheese:

ALL? Does that mean we'll finally get a good AI?:cheese:

I sure hope so. Building MG nests in the wrong direction ftl.

I am keeping my thumbs crossed for the inclusion of the SP demo in this mega-patch.

the PCGamer mag cover
CoHcover.jpg

anybody notice the " New Team Fortress 2 screens " !?
i want them and i want them now !

Hehe, just did a game where I did nothing but dig myself in and nuke the hell out of the enemy with Howitzers and arty. So awesome, to see 5 Howitzers rip an entire base to shreds (overpowered?). I also sent in a cloaked sniper with hold-fire to act as a spy, to reveal terrain so I could use artillery there.

Could somebody PM me an unused key because I'm having the same problem with fileplanet.

Hehe, just did a game where I did nothing but dig myself in and nuke the hell out of the enemy with Howitzers and arty. So awesome, to see 5 Howitzers rip an entire base to shreds (overpowered?). I also sent in a cloaked sniper with hold-fire to act as a spy, to reveal terrain so I could use artillery there.

The Howitzers are overpowered indeed. It doesn't cost anything to fire them. Build three or four and your opponent will be crippled if you use 'em wisely.

The Howitzers are overpowered indeed. It doesn't cost anything to fire them. Build three or four and your opponent will be crippled if you use 'em wisely.

Yeah I suppose it should cost ~75 ammo to fire them, because even when I had nothing to shoot at, I shot at buildings just for the fun of it :D

Also blew up a couple of infantry squads of my partner :eek:

It's actually 75 petrol so you have to chose between building Howitzers or tanks early on, especially if you don't hold too many fuel points. IMO it wouldn't be a bad idea to charge ammo points per Howitzer strike. An artillery strike costs 200 ammo but you can only place one in territory that isn't in the fog of war. You can place Howitzer strikes everywhere you want, as long as they are in range.

Being out of town while the beta keys were being handed out makes me a very sad man :-(

Any chance someone isn't using their account/beta key anymore that'd be willing to let someone borrow it? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase?

pesh and i just rolled all over some allied noobs on St. Hilaire

i got that PCG, just the mag not the disc tho, so I dunno if there's a demo

Being out of town while the beta keys were being handed out makes me a very sad man :-(

Any chance someone isn't using their account/beta key anymore that'd be willing to let someone borrow it? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase?

Heh, since I can't quite play the game very well... I don't see why not. n.n

Check your PMs.

pesh and i just rolled all over some allied noobs on St. Hilaire

i got that PCG, just the mag not the disc tho, so I dunno if there's a demo

Any new screens of TF2?

there are two thumbnail sized screens of "level concepts", one's a farm and one's a factory, and i think they're supposed to be the opposing sides on the 2fort remake. there's also an earlier concept of the HW guy, but its not very exciting.

Could anyone who pre-orded and got an extra key send it my way? Pleeeeease? :D A mate of mine decided he wanted to play it the day the beta closed. :p

i know this sounds like i copied jim but if anyone has a spare key i would like it please please please, as my internet was down for abit and it closed by the time i had got it back
so pm me if you have one thank you sssooo much if you do

Has anyone tried the key I posted? Does anyone know if you REALLY need a unique key to play, or just any working key, like the one I posted?

Has anyone tried the key I posted? Does anyone know if you REALLY need a unique key to play, or just any working key, like the one I posted?

Yeah you need unique key apparently. It comes up with 'Key already in use' when he tries to register.

Damn. I'm gonna make a begging post also :). So if anyone of you have beta account and you don't like it or don't need it, I would be very pleased if you could pm me the infos. Thanks

The demo in the Pc Gamer mag is amazing. I cant wait to play online.

Back