Company Of Hereos Public Beta

talk about it! and does it need a key or anything?

Must get D: D:

My cousins have a subscription so I hope they let me try it out.

Is the AI still dumb as a rock? Had some fun in a 3 vs 3 computer game today, build a shitload of mortars and was lucky enough to bump into a whole army of the enemy stuck in a small area :LOL:

Too bad we weren't Allied, I would have built 10+ Howitzers and shot everything to hell.

A little bumpage: vid from the SP demo. No huge spoilers and the guy playing is a total noob which is kinda funny. He puts arty on the bridges he is supposed to protect, heehhe.

nice. i haven't been able to find the demo online anywhere, not even as a torrent :(

Is the beta completely closed, as in, even if you pre-order the game in which you're supposed to get a key, you just won't receive an e-mail?

Also, for those who signed up and were able to play, can you still play now? Or is it completely done?

I just pre-ordered and I'm itching to play.

Those who have valid and unique keys can still play.

I'm sure you'll get a key if you pre-ordered...

Tiger Ace is really pissing me off now...

Three Shermans and a squad of Rangers was no problem to take out for me... :|

But Tiger Ace doesn't need a nerf, it SHOULD be able to do that. Changes I would propose: 900 MP and 150 Fuel for the Tiger Ace, lowered cost for the Shermans.

I don't think the sides are meant to be equal, being Allied requires a different playstyle than Axis. Allies should rely on numbers and take the initiative. The longer it takes Allies to win, the harder it becomes. One Axis are capable of pumping out Panthers/Tigers, it's GG Allies.

BTW: Anyone notice how models are lower quality in multiplayer? Just played a tutorial, soldier models are amazingly detailed there.

yes, i hope to god they never nerf axis tanks... allied players have to move faster, get lots of infantry (or a SHITTON of tanks) and take ground faster. they're just different playstyles.

Argh, has anyone who pre-ordered (from GameStop especially) received a beta key?

Holy muther fook, airborne spammers are lame.

Counter those with Ostwind Flakpanzers. Found out myself, they're dead before they reach the ground.

If you mean the parachuting infantry of course.

man i had never seen a flakpanzer until dalamari pulled a few out in a game a few days ago. i about shit my pants when he killed four rifle squads that i had charging with sticky bombs

Counter those with Ostwind Flakpanzers. Found out myself, they're dead before they reach the ground.

If you mean the parachuting infantry of course.

Yeah parachuting, this guy just completly spammed them on me and my team mate.

And then he spammed AT guns so we could not go anywhere.

im installing the huge 800mb patch right now

If it is infact the rest of the game, then no. I am currently downloading that large patch I believe, and I never preordered.

maybe at the end of the beta period, they tell the testers that they can buy the full game online and use their beta as the full game.

Well the patch notes were something like, "integration of rest of game," so that's what I was thinking #223.

Actually it's the final version of MP (the gold code and maps)...

Though I could be wrong because I haven't taken the chance to download it :p

Actually it's the final version of MP (the gold code and maps)...

Though I could be wrong because I haven't taken the chance to download it :p

It's definitely not all the MP maps coz there's gonna be a lot more than just four.

Yes Bait you do rock. Now everyone please start seeding and downloading on the demo link so all of us can download faster.

NEED RESEED!!

Nobody has the complete file, everybody has like 22 percent.

got the new patch and connected to a game. The graphics have improved and it performs better, there is also now annoying music (which I turned off)

but now, I can't connect to any games. The new patch shot the server to hell.

the new patch has some nice music, it improved the AI a LOT, graphics are a little better, but it has some huge problems. I connected to a game fine, ran a 2v2 match on St. Hilaire, but the loading screen, instead of showing a picture of a tank under fire or a battlefield, is merely a shade of bright pink, and ingame, most of the building files are missing and instead are represented by a small box that says "error, .rfm file missing, feel free to panic" or something. you can still garrison troops, but its weird.

the new patch has some nice music, it improved the AI a LOT, graphics are a little better, but it has some huge problems. I connected to a game fine, ran a 2v2 match on St. Hilaire, but the loading screen, instead of showing a picture of a tank under fire or a battlefield, is merely a shade of bright pink, and ingame, most of the building files are missing and instead are represented by a small box that says "error, .rfm file missing, feel free to panic" or something. you can still garrison troops, but its weird.
didnt they want to remove St. Hilaire ?
maybe thats the reason ?

anyway Ennui how about a game ?

just played the singleplayer demo and i gotta say its damn good
now i want the game even more !

Man, Tigers REALLY need to start costing fuel..

I could barely produce as much Shermans as he produced Tigers because fuel was always a problem, manpower I had enough of. And of course, you need 3 Shermans to kill a Tiger =/

Only decent way I had to counter the Tigers were lots of AT guns (and they cost an extra 50 ammunition if I wanted to do some real damage, something I didn't have much of either), which were promptly killed by the squad of Stormtroopers you get with the Tiger.. sigh.

Making them only cost MP even lets you call them in if the enemy rolls into your base, MP just keeps on ticking relentlessly.

I can't run the singleplayer demo because I have too little RAM, 512.. Guess I'll just wait for my new comp to arrive in a few months eh..:)

didnt they want to remove St. Hilaire ?
maybe thats the reason ?

anyway Ennui how about a game ?

i'm up for a game at some point hell yeah, and why would they want to remove St. Hilaire? D: it's the leetsauce, best map in the beta

From the intro Video :
relic00011zj7.jpg

relic00024ca4.jpg

In-Game :
relic00035ov9.jpg

relic00036nn6.jpg

relic00040in4.jpg

relic00041bk2.jpg

relic00050oy0.jpg

relic00052jl8.jpg

relic00056ke5.jpg

I played the demo and enjoyed it. It felt a little short though. It was cool how the prerendered intro turned into ingame graphics. The graphics in this Rts game look like they could be from an FPS. The 2nd demo mission was intense with all the German units coming in hard along with artillery fire.

woah woah woah holy shit, this is an RTS?!

I Thought it was an FPS! D:

Back