Crysis news/info thread

Games having great GFX sure as hell make them more fun. At least for me, not a shitty game with good gfx. Crysis WILL NOT be a bad game, it will be seriously fun as hell.

It'll probably be fun for the first 3 missions/levels/whatever and then start getting really stale.

Just like Far Cry, and if what I heard about the aliens is right... then meeting them will be like when you fought a tri-gen for the first time.

My sentiments exactly! I thought the limiting factor would be your current mode, however in the beta it seems you run out of energy far too quickly.

My other complaint is the controls just don't seem right. Take something like Counterstrike or Half Life . . . the movement and aiming seem to be directly connected to your mouse/keyboard. In Crysis it feels like it lags or skips or something . . . it's hard to pin down but both the aiming and movement seem a bit off.

It'll be an amazing game, I just hope they fix these two issues before release. I suppose there's always MODing, but once you get to that phase either the developer got it right the first time or most people have lost interest.

personally I hate the way they implemented the nanosuit in the beta.

It could basically only do 1 thing for a brief period of time. Before I got the beta I was thinking you'd be able to be constantly switching between modes, for super fast paced, ultra creative gameplay....but really, they slowed it down tremendously.

*sprint mode
<runs>
[energy depleted]
<waits...>
*cloak mode
<walks>
[energy depleted]
<waits...>
*strength mode
<jumps>
<jumps>
<jumps>
[energy depleted]
<waits...>

I was thinking it'd be like:
*cloak mode
<hide>
*sprint mode!
*strength mode
<punch>
-I killed you
*sprint mode
<run into bushes>
*cloak mode
<sit and hide>

and I was sad...

All i know is that this game will not disapoint, Gameplay is going to be great we have seen the vids, AI is Awsome read the recent reviews, Graphics Awsome, Physics. In what game can you pick up pretty much everything in the game and use it as a weopon. think of the possibilities!!! Maybe for some its just not for you, but for me this game is gonna be AMAZING! Heck it better be i spent $1500 just to run it well.

It'll probably be fun for the first 3 missions/levels/whatever and then start getting really stale.

Just like Far Cry, and if what I heard about the aliens is right... then meeting them will be like when you fought a tri-gen for the first time.

The game will be playable for quite some time, if they include references to LOST :)

I was thinking it'd be like:
*cheat mode
<hide>
*cheat mode!
*cheat mode
<punch>
-I killed you
*cheat mode
<run into bushes>
*cheat mode
<sit and hide>

and I was sad...

Seriously it's no wonder very few games offer a challenge now. What is so scary about having to work for your win? Cracker novelties like the nanosuit are only there to add a bit of variety to a horse long dead, not to make them easier to whip.

He's too excited about Crysis I guess..

Really, I don't see the hype.

Maybe it's just because Crytek's last game, Far Cry, left such a bad taste in my mouth.

The first few missions of Far Cry were fun enough, but then it just started getting incredibly tedious.

I never got around to playing FarCry until 2 months ago. I haven't finished it yet but its not a bad game. Definatly better than a lot of releases that came after it (Doom 3, Quake 4, ect)

crysiscw4.jpg

Link!

****ING WHATEVER KDCIoSTGR:KGJ )T#JRASD

KICKASS!

I recognize portions of that from one of the recent multiplayer videos (although the camera was obviously much lower). It was mostly in that area to the left.

I recognize portions of that from one of the recent multiplayer videos (although the camera was obviously much lower). It was mostly in that area to the left.

It's an early version of the power struggle map that the MP Beta includes.

Alright, who saw the trailer they posted on IGN. Absolutely amazing IMO. The maximum strength part was the greatest, the soldier was absolutely terrified when he grabbed him. Also the maximum armour part was cool, watching the bullets deform and bounce off.

A must-watch for Crysis fans, I think.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/vids_1.html

Alright, who saw the trailer they posted on IGN. Absolutely amazing IMO. The maximum strength part was the greatest, the soldier was absolutely terrified when he grabbed him. Also the maximum armour part was cool, watching the bullets deform and bounce off.

A must-watch for Crysis fans, I think.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/vids_1.html

I dont know why people seem to think this is a new trailer. It was released weeks ago..

I dont know why people seem to think this is a new trailer. It was released weeks ago..

Oops, my bad. Generally I find vids on IGN that are up-to-date. Nonetheless, for those who havent seen it yet, WATCH IT!!!

Oops, my bad. Generally I find vids on IGN that are up-to-date. Nonetheless, for those who havent seen it yet, WATCH IT!!!

Ya same here, for some reason a bunch of sites are posting this as a new video right now. Its weird.

BTW:

Interview: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=639

AND!

Shack: Do you have any insight to how well the upcoming range of cards will support Crysis, not just on the high end but lower down the ladder as well?

Cevat Yerli: Very, very well. Stay tuned for more on this. In mid November you will see the new NVidia cards. They are a blast for Crysis and really, really very good deals.

my setup runs REALLY smooth everything on highest & 1280x1024 (need new monitor) & FRAPS running.

Back