Crysis news/info thread

I don't understand why the NDA is still in effect. We practically know all the multiplayer mode, singleplayer storyline, suit functions and the like. They seemed to of gotten rid of most bugs between release 2 and release 3 of the client

eVader, the NDA covers the technicalities of the game and its engine mostly as far as I know, but I'm sure the NDA can elaborate on that! :LOL:

I really like the shots showing the difference in graphics settings (low, medium, high, very high). I can see low working on 2-3 year old systems, it kinda looks like far cry graphics on medium.

The beta is so sweet ! And it doesnt even have all the graphics and phics implemented .. can you beleive that! When the demo comes out we will all be BLOWN AWAY!!! ;(

If it can pull me away from Orange Box, I may be blown away. But that is going to be hard :)

DX10 waves. Charley do surf.

I dont get it ???

Yey I have the recommended system requirements.
Wait a minute, I thought this was Vista only, and there it says OS: XP/Vista I don't get it...

I have better performance on XP than Vista when playing Crysis beta. But i have a feeling single player+Vista+DX10+3gigsram+8800GTX+ME= KICKASS!!!!!

Charlie was the term/slang for the "enemy" in Vietnam, the Viet Cong and other North Vietnamese soldiers.

Though the "enemy" in Crysis is North Korea, not Vietnam...

Charlie was the term/slang for the "enemy" in Vietnam, the Viet Cong and other North Vietnamese soldiers.

Though the "enemy" in Crysis is North Korea, not Vietnam...

Yes I know this, thus the reason I was laughing about it! I was making fun of myself in a way!

Oh hai. I'm here to administer your lolocaine injection.

20071015.jpg

How big of a difference will dual 8800's make for crysis?

I bought a regular 8800GTX, and I'm pretty sure that will hold up well.

I bought a regular 8800GTX, and I'm pretty sure that will hold up well.

Im Thinking not cause in some recent reviews there were pc's that had dual GTX's and still was choppy . I doubt that was true though. I read it somewhere.

Im Thinking not cause in some recent previews there were pc's that had dual GTX's and still was choppy . I doubt that was true though. I read it somewhere.
fixed!

It was Choppy for a number of reasons:
  • The game is in beta
  • SLi is brokered at the moment
  • Further optimization required

Crysis has received its (first) rating from german gaming mag "PC Action", a whopping 92%:

Verdict: "Outstanding! A visual bomb with ingenious gameplay moments and lots of tactical options"

Cons:
- occasional AI problems
- some levels too monotone
- high difficulty level at the beginning

- occasional AI problems

I wonder if AI hiccups are due to the destructible environments. I mean, I could forgive it if the AI sometimes gets confused when trees are falling everywhere, since this is really the first type of game where this has really been possible.

I was in the beta and the game was very boring to play and it felt over-hyped. I'll prolly pass up on the demo. Far Cry 2 has my attention now, and far more than Crysis ever did.

I was in the beta and the game was very boring to play and it felt over-hyped. I'll prolly pass up on the demo. Far Cry 2 has my attention now, and far more than Crysis ever did.

I disagree, I really liked the gameplay of the Crysis MP beta, as did many of my friends. Although it was a bit buggy, I had a blast playing it. Can't want for retail and new maps to go with it.

You havent seen what crysis has to offer through this beta, the demo is 100X better than the beta. We havent seen the physics, the other graphics options AA , AF , Direct X 10!!!! Just download the demo when it comes out in 5 days and let me know what you think of it then. :thumbs:

You need to play single player Crysis not Multiplayer beta!!!!

Better graphics will not make it more fun....

Sigh, that's not all Crysis is though. Non-linearity is very enticing to me (that's what I liked about Far Cry) and very few shooters do this. We have yet to experience how the Nano-suit will play in the single player, but it does aid the idea of non-linear level design. Crytek is going for realism to emphasize gameplay, and if the AI really can detect newly fallen trees or other debris to take cover behind, that alone sounds like they've accomplished what they were trying to do.

Besides, if we didn't make advances in graphical quality, we'd be up to our necks in FPS games that look and play like doom. Where would HL2 be without it's extensive use of physics? Probably not as far as it is now. There's nothing wrong with a game that doesn't have a well-developed narrative if it's just good fun in the end.

Sigh, that's not all Crysis is though. Non-linearity is very enticing to me (that's what I liked about Far Cry) and very few shooters do this. We have yet to experience how the Nano-suit will play in the single player, but it does aid the idea of non-linear level design. Crytek is going for realism to emphasize gameplay, and if the AI really can detect newly fallen trees or other debris to take cover behind, that alone sounds like they've accomplished what they were trying to do.

Besides, if we didn't make advances in graphical quality, we'd be up to our necks in FPS games that look and play like doom. Where would HL2 be without it's extensive use of physics? Probably not as far as it is now. There's nothing wrong with a game that doesn't have a well-developed narrative if it's just good fun in the end.

That's all good and well, but it seems every other post replying to negative feedback on the game is ''don't worry, the better graphics are coming!!!!!'' - that's not enough. From what I've heard that's it's strongest point, and that just ain't enough for me to give a damn about if, if the only appealing part is how nice it looks. Kudos for putting more time into graphics and tech because the end result will look fab, but for gaming, this is something we don't need.

I was replying to the guy above me, he said that now that there will be better graphics it will suddenly be more fun.

Oh and from the single video of Far Cry 2 I for some reason became much more interested in it than Crysis,both of them un-linear .
For some reason none of the Crysis videos I've seen didn't make me interested in it..
I also played the MP wich was nothing special and mostly boring.

That's all good and well, but it seems every other post replying to negative feedback on the game is ''don't worry, the better graphics are coming!!!!!'' - that's not enough. From what I've heard that's it's strongest point, and that just ain't enough for me to give a damn about if, if the only appealing part is how nice it looks. Kudos for putting more time into graphics and tech because the end result will look fab, but for gaming, this is something we don't need.

There's plenty of games "we don't need", and most of them are released just to make a quick buck. I just wish people would wait to play the actual game before deciding if it's good or bad. We don't know the final verdict yet. I'm just voicing why I think it will be a fun experience. My opinion may change once I actually play it.

The complaints that I heard are that the beta multiplayer didn't allow you to fully interact with the environment, physically...

The surrounding environment should be fully interactive in singleplayer, but I believe Crytek are relying on DX10 hardware to deliver the online physics (Reason why they are DX9 users to be restricted to DX9 servers, and DX10 users can go on both type of servers)

I have been longing for the day when I can pick up a chicken, and throw it at an enemies face!

I just had a match, and I had a Jack Bauer moment, without the torture :D

Games having great GFX sure as hell make them more fun. At least for me, not a shitty game with good gfx. Crysis WILL NOT be a bad game, it will be seriously fun as hell.

personally I hate the way they implemented the nanosuit in the beta.

It could basically only do 1 thing for a brief period of time. Before I got the beta I was thinking you'd be able to be constantly switching between modes, for super fast paced, ultra creative gameplay....but really, they slowed it down tremendously.

*sprint mode
<runs>
[energy depleted]
<waits...>
*cloak mode
<walks>
[energy depleted]
<waits...>
*strength mode
<jumps>
<jumps>
<jumps>