Crysis news/info thread

Im gonna boycott anything made by Crytek

Reason1. When FarCry came out I spent ?700 on a new PC and it blew up
Reason2. They think graphics make a good game. Give me HL2 over Crysis/FarCry2 anyday
Reason3. This game forces people to spend unnecessary money on buying upgrades just to play this one game where as all other games out at the same time dont require such a powerful machine

Reason2. They think graphics make a good game. Give me HL2 over Crysis/FarCry2 anyday
Reason3. This game forces people to spend unnecessary money on buying upgrades just to play this one game where as all other games out at the same time dont require such a powerful machine

LMFAO!

Shit sucks, son.
Sadly, that's the way a lot of companies think these days. Look at most of the games released in the past 5 years. Also, it does play into it to a certain extent. Better graphics can actually allow more and better gameplay, if used properly.
Crysis actually doesn't require a ridiculous system. It actually seems to be optimized rather well for older systems. If you want a game that has ridiculous minimum specs then look at Stranglehold. Or how about Alan Wake?

Brown is Live, blue is Neutral. There's even a drawing on the plug for you to copy.

HL2 is... still... one of the best looking games ever made. I bet more work went into the graphics of HL2 than any other game of the period.

Much like HL2 required upgrading to play when it was released. And like HL2, Crysis won't be holding the baby jesus at gunpoint and threatening to detonate a small percussive noise maker in the vicinity of his donkey if you don't upgrade.

And like HL2, Crysis won't be holding the baby jesus at gunpoint and threatening to detonate a small percussive noise maker in the vicinity of his donkey if you don't upgrade.

god if that were true I'd never upgrade. ..sorry baby jesus

I put my specs but with a 8800GTS in for the Beta and it said I dont meet the minimum specs.... thus my little rant

Crytek isn't forcing you to upgrade anything. Unless you die if you don't play Crysis.

I seriously will go crazy if this game is delayed. I mean iv seen so much shit on this game its starting to look last gen.... :p I want to blow up some shit already!!!

There are some FREAKING SWEET ass explosions too.

HL2 is... still... one of the best looking games ever made. I bet more work went into the graphics of HL2 than any other game of the period.

sniff sniff, i smell something funny about this. :)

Meh too many cry babies. My 7900GS has lasted me for ages now and Crysis plays most awesomely (fps wise). Although I has my Oc'ed E6600 which helps a tad. You can easily build a Crisis capable machine for $500-1000 (excluding components you already have, i.e. case/monitor) which will last 2-3 years playing latest games (usually, seems to have worked for me).

Processor is probably the cheapest thing you can upgrade atm, managed to get my Q6600 for about ?160

ahh. screw crysis. I'll just wait till next year when I get a new computer. (I have a 2500 us dollar budget :D )

After seeing the blackbird, i think im going for it. I always build my pc's but this thing is INSANE!

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/

Alienware what?
Dell xps what?
Falcon northwest what?

No one stands a chance against voodoo DNA! Lol i never though that hp buying voodoo would change anything boy was i wrong.

After seeing the blackbird, i think im going for it. I always build my pc's but this thing is INSANE!

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/

Alienware what?
Dell xps what?
Falcon northwest what?

No one stands a chance against voodoo DNA! Lol i never though that hp buying voodoo would change anything boy was i wrong.

It has been asked before but I will ask it again, what do you do for a living.

Hey Asuka what model of blackbird are you getting????? I just ordered the Blackbird LC! :E

sniff sniff, i smell something funny about this. :)

No, i'm serious... :cool:

As for the Blackbird - nice case, nice website. Far too many HP logos in your face. Would still be able to build it yourself for half that price.

Holy Cats, remember when we all would talk about "Video games are going to look so good, one day they'll look like they're real"

We are now at that marker. Did you see the sweat glistening in the light on his face?

Good heck! These tools could make modding so potentially fun. My post apocolyptic zombie game idea would look glorious.
Crysis looks good, bloody good, but nothing close to being real. Everything still looks too artificial, like all the other games that are coming out.

When I can`t make a difference between a screenshot and a photo, then that`s real. I reckon a game like that will come in the future, but not that soon.
Imo, engines can only do that much, it`s all about the artists.

No, i'm serious... :cool:

As for the Blackbird - nice case, nice website. Far too many HP logos in your face. Would still be able to build it yourself for half that price.

I still have yet to find a great price difference when you add up all those parts even when you build it yourself?? If its 300 or less I could care less. But please show me differently if you can!? Also I'm wanting to finance which I cant do when I build myself.

yea, there will be dx9 and dx10 servers

the beta is all dx9, which sorta sucks because I want to do the cool dx10 stuff

whoops, I thought baby jesus was riding the ass ...sorry ass I didnt mean to get you all exploded

The ass of jesus accepts your apology and reserves a small plot for you with picket fence and shrubbery in the hereafter.

Agent.M - couldn't care less. As opposed to Could. Which, the more you read it, should be pronounced Cooled.
Stay behind after class you loony. :dork:

yea, there will be dx9 and dx10 servers

the beta is all dx9, which sorta sucks because I want to do the cool dx10 stuff

Can't wait for 12th of November thats Nvidia G92 release date. :thumbs:

Agent.M - couldn't care less. As opposed to Could. Which, the more you read it, should be pronounced Cooled.
Stay behind after class you loony. :dork:

Haha opps I was in a hurry at work dam it! :LOL:

I didn't know they had a set date, you sure?

I would really like a link to confirm that, getting a new pc soon and i dont want to spend 600 on a card and have a better one come out for the same price.

Im getting me one of those Blackbirds! I just need to sell some of my PS3's And a few Dyson Vacs.

Congratulations, you are one of 500 lucky Club SLI™ members who has won access to the Crysis™ multiplayer beta from EA and Crytek.

Below you will find your beta password and instructions for downloading the beta. The download is hosted by FilePlanet. You must have a FilePlanet account to participate.

INSTRUCTIONS:

* Step 1: Register for a free FilePlanet account.
If you already have a FilePlanet account, please proceed to Step 2.
* Step 2: Login to the Beta Invitation Page
Use your FilePlanet login information.
* Step 3: Enter your beta password (shown below)

hahah hahahah hahahaahah :D hahahah :D

:D

edit :

I didn't know they had a set date, you sure?

I got this somewhere on the internet, one of the sources stating 12th of November, another source is quoting any date between 10th-27 of November.

G92 is a November release (100%). so save your money. and don't buy the old 8800GTX.

don't you love Nvidia and their SLI services. oh yeah.!!

Let the upgrading commence!

In 12 months from now people will probably be able to play Cryis maxed at a decent frame rate ;)

Haha yeah, but I mean it's not just crysis, it's AoC which I really want to play in all its' glory. Crysis just confirmed my fears that the 8800 gts is not up to par.

It's just crazy when you think about it. The 2nd best gfx card money can buy struggling with a game. It doesn't seem like the gtx does much better.

Hopefully AoC won't be such a hog and will fly :)

well it seems to me that the game is not up to par ..seriously for a game that's touted for it's graphics it looks fugly ..and I'm not even talking about level of detail but rather design

Yeah it's crazy alright, Crytek makes benchmarks apparently and not video games. Didn't they use to make graphic demos before they made far cry?

Back