Dead Rising Superthread

There is only one saved game, and you go back to it when you die. But you can overwrite this save whenever you reach a save point, which are quite abundant. The save system isn't as messed as I thought, and actually adds a bit of tension to the game.
I knew that.. But I think I'm doing something wrong. I did like two-three missions, and then I died without saving. So it took me back to the way beginning. Now, if I would have saved my status or whatever the second option said and then loaded it again, what would that have done?

I bought the game for 360, and i dont even own one. I wanted to make sure i got my copy ahaha. I have a friend whoa a manager at a video game store near my house. He knocked off 10 bucks for me....

Well played it the other day on my Buds 360... the game is freaking amazing.
for all you zombie fans like myself... its the game we all have been waiting for!

The graphics are extremly well done... and the animations top it off. The game is massive ine very shape and form... has huge replay value..

Ahh theirs nothing like running around a mall at night, witha ll the lights killed.. shopping up zombies with a chainsaw in a spandex suit. lolz... (u ge tto change your clothes in the game.)

PEACE

Mikey:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :rolling:

I knew that.. But I think I'm doing something wrong. I did like two-three missions, and then I died without saving. So it took me back to the way beginning. Now, if I would have saved my status or whatever the second option said and then loaded it again, what would that have done?

It goes to the point at which you saved. Just think of it this way: You have one save block that you can save in at any time, as long as your at a save point. This save block is overwritten every time you save again. The trick is not to get yourself in a fix then save again.

I snapped some pics of Frank in his snazzy suit.

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

This game is so fun!

:cheers:

Hmm... HDTV FTW. I really need to either A) move this back onto my HDTV or B) get an HDTV in my basement.

I have it hooked up on my monitor with output resolution of 720p. It looks friggin sweet.

It's nearing that time when us europeans finally get our hands on this game *glares at the guys who've had this for a month*

My copy is in the post as we speak, should be here on the morrow \o/

Die zombie scum! :sniper:

Apparently my store where I preordered it got fewer copies than it's meant to so I won't be getting it off there tomorrow, so I'm gonna look around town, if I find another copy I'll buy that directly and cancel the order > : (

I just rescued an old fat couple :)

Good fun so far.

Damn. My 360 had to die the week Saints Row and Dead Rising are released. Suckage.

Little off topic, but if i plug my 360 into my monitor (21" IBM P260) what kind of output should i use on my 360?

My freind has been online in my dashboard for at least 12 hours on Dead Rising now. I think now would be a good time to take those CD's I borrowed off him back...

Bloody save system - I keep forgetting to go to the loo and save profress. Then, just after dying and losing serveral hours play, I selected save and quit (purely out of habit) only to find it's copied over the only save slot (!) -and I now have to start again! If it wasn't so much fun i'd be quite annoyed :)

Bloody save system - I keep forgetting to go to the loo and save profress. Then, just after dying and losing serveral hours play, I selected save and quit (purely out of habit) only to find it's copied over the only save slot (!) -and I now have to start again! If it wasn't so much fun i'd be quite annoyed :)

Its technically a good thing though

You keep your experience and can pull off all those asskicking moves you have :D

Damn. My 360 had to die the week Saints Row and Dead Rising are released. Suckage.

Little off topic, but if i plug my 360 into my monitor (21" IBM P260) what kind of output should i use on my 360?

No shit dude my did the exact same thing, Im still waiting for the box to ship to MS. Dam it I wanna play saints row so bad! :frown:

Damn you Hella Copter!!!

Why must you be so damn hard :(

Jeez, Another 360 that bites the dust...
3% of units defective my ass!

It seems like alot because many people who have duff systems come online to complain. Remeber the PS2 launch - it's was worse than the 360 for machines going pop.

Here's a question to everyone with Dead Rising.

Should I buy this game?

I think it's a great game, but can understand why some people get annoyed with the save system.

There's plenty to explore and loads of zombies to kill in silly number of fun ways. There's also plenty of missions to follow, if you choose to - try and save everyone, let them die, save the ones you like, or kill them, it's up to you. You don't even have to follow the main mission line if you don't want to, and could spend the 72 games hours (5 real hours) exploring the mall and having fun. It's definately worth taking your time to become familiar with your surrounding - where to find good weapons, items, clothes, books, ingredients, shortcuts etc - as it's then that the game opens up and becomes even more enjoyable.

My biggest gripe is trying to lead people to safety through the zombie hordes - and believe me there are loads of them, think the demo*100. People can get left behind, choose a stupid path, or sometimes just stand still and leave you with no option but to hack your way out. This takes ages at times and can feel like a chore. It's also annoying that you can't turn the phone off - it ringing every 5 or so mins to give you a new mission can become frustrating when you're neck deep in the undead while trying to lead some stupid cow with a broken ankle to safety.

Despite these (minor imo) issues, the game is great fun. Just now I managed to lead 4 people, including one on my back, through the entire mall to the santuary of the security room. Darting from shop to shop, constantly searching for food/drinks to heal people and finding tools to arm them with, then going out on masse to cut another path to the next shop. It took ages, we all nearly died umpteen times, but it was very satisfying - it felt like taking part in a very cool zombie movie.

The game is also short, but designed to be finished a number of times.

Yeah I've been playing this since release day, it's a great game, it's also great the survivors where you get multiple choices on what to do.

**SPOILERS**

Like the Lovers 1 and 2 survivors, you can give the injured black dude a gun and he'll blow his head off, if you take a photo off it when he does it it's a TON of PPs, but his lover will refuse to follow you, it did for me atleast. Or you could convince him and carry him on your back.:)

Absolutely get it. The points have already been covered, but it's good to further emphasise them. The game basically lets you do what you want - you can ignore everything and just have a relaxing, easy time finding inventive ways to kill zombies, or you can set yourself a challenge and follow the storyline while rescuing as many survivors as possible. Or of course, a middle ground. Or an aneurysm by playing Overtime mode.

ive been playing this the last few days on and off in between test drive. can anyone give me tips on how best to aprroach the game after dark? as far as im concerned im just stuck in the security room at night cos i cant see bugger all when i venture down into the mall and just get swarmed in seconds, am i missing something?

is there a light-switch or anywhere or what? :)

I found this out while watching a vid on 1up, it doesnt work all the time for some reason (doesnt seem to work outside, or in the cinema and probably a few other places)....

....So anyway to be able to see more at night get one of the toy laser swords- just keep it in your inventory you don't have to equip it- and you get a nice pink glowing light all around you!! Handy!

Well I bought Dead Rising and Test Drive Unlimited yesterday.

I kinda like dead rising. What I don't like is silly little annoyances that could have been sorted out by the dev team in a matter of hours.

For example: -

1. The Background Music volume control is LINKED to the cut-scene volume. So, if you don't want the awful background music, you'll have to do without the audio in the cut scenes. Why?

2. The radio. Every minute it rings, regardless of whether you've just answered it or not. The ringing is annoying, and it doesn't have an OFF button. I'm going to bludgeon OTIS to death soon.

3. The on-screen text is too small. I don't have a HDTV. It's big, but it's not HD. The text is VERY hard to read unless I sit close to the TV and strain my eyes. This wouldn't be a problem if the conversations were spoken, but they're not. For gods sake capcom, how are we supposed to follow the game, when we can't read the dialogue?

4. The gamesave system. OK, I know everyones bitching about this, and it's like it is for a reason, but I've had to do the same damn part of the game nearly 5 times now just because theres nowhere to save. Suspense is good, but repeating the same 20 minutes of gameplay over and over again is just stupid.

I mostly agree on those points, especially the bloody phone constantly ringing, but I like the background music and have grown to really like the save system.

Rather than losing an hour of play each time you die it encourages you to learn the layout of the mall, where each toilet is so you can save regulalry, where to find some food etc. I've never really liked quick saving - it takes most of the tension out of a game as well as any need to actually get good at it - and found that if I do fail a scoop, or if the main mission line ends early, it's no big deal, it'll be there on the next play through.

If anything the save system forces you to be more callous when making decisions and more accepting of your actions - accidently kill a friend, or have to leave someone behind, tough, they're dead, you have to live with the guilt. It also makes me value my life a whole lot more than most games - a 'screw you guys, I don't want to die' experience :)

Man I wish I hadn't saved at 11AM on the last day at the place where you start.. Now I can't get the 'True' ending and have to play the game over again to be able to get it and unlock the other modes >_<

I bought the game on Friday, but I've only had an hours play time tops. Only skimmed through the manual too.

My biggest annoyances so far are:

Brad. I eventually beat the guy with the machine gun and parted ways with Brad. Two minutes later: BRAD IS DEAD. Un-fecking-believable.

The "someone is dead" text or "something is happening" text. When I'm trying to scramble through hordes of zombies frantically looking for an effective melee weapon, the last thing I need is:

JOE BLOGGS HAS DIED! CAN YOU SEE ANYTHING PAST THIS MESSAGE? NO YOU CAN'T, IT'S TOO BLOODY BIG! WHAT'S THAT? BEING BITTEN BY A BUNCH OF ZOMBIES? DIDN'T SEE THEM COMING DID YA MOFO?

I guess I need to give it more time. Oh, and is there more than one security room? I've only found toilets.

heh - very true about the big text.

Anyways, sod Brad. Spend the first 72 hours doing nothing but explore the mall and have a laugh - worry about the story another time :)

I was having fun for the most I will admit, the hockey stick is a great weapon: trying to smack pucks off dead bodies and have them ricochet into standing zombies' heads. :E

I'm really getting into Dead Rising now - there's just so much to do, so much gore, and so many complete loonies around. The atmosphere is perfect and the gfx are superb. And really good boss fights too - not enough of them in games these days.

Game comes out tomorrow. Someone convince me to pick up a copy! :D

Didn't get the demo and giving it a hire is just gonna be extra $ if I decide to grab it anyway... but I have a good feeling about this and I want another good 360 game to keep me busy. Main thing I'm looking for is a fun game with alot of replay value, and this seems to be Dead Rising in a nutshell. True?

I jsut got Dead Rising! Spending my first night in the security room XD. Lawn Mowers are so fun. Almost 9 pm, first day.. Open World games, (GTA, Saints Row, Dead Rising..) Are meant to be console games. No PC could ever fully understand the potential.

Back