Demon's Souls

just go to the Tower Knight. He killed me but I learned if you quit the game immediately after dieing and then restart the game you will respawn close your last place of death. Beats moving through the whole level again.
Yeah, some people call it cheating or exploiting the system, but man it helped me in a few really annoying deaths.

Also I saw some sparkling creature just before I fought the boss, he was in an upstairs room above the archway leading to the boss. He disappeared as soon as I saw him. Wut.
Those are crystal geckos and they leave AWESOME material drops for sword upgrades. There is a crystal gecko nest in 2-2 I believe and with the firestorm spell you can kill them all in an awesome conflagration. Good times. They are QUICK though, so don't dilly-dally.

I have no magic capabilities yet. Playing as a Knight. I have a Knight's Shield +2, Long Sword+3 and Schmitar+4. They are the items I mainly use. As I killed Miralda I also was able to get the sweet armour(sumit beginning with B) she guards. But it makes me slow as ass atm. I'm guessing it is worth upgrading my strength for yes?
I would upgrade my magic and faith a bit just to have a couple of offensive/defensive abilities at my disposal. Then I would focus on upgrading endurance. Believe me, once you get Old King Doran's armor and are able to roll in it as if you were wearing no armor at all, you will be pleased as punch you upgraded that stat. :)

So what is your PSN ID? I may already be "friends" with you but I don't recall offhand. We need to co-op some levels!!

Just pre-ordered deluxe edition. Can't wait to try it out.

148869-demonssouls_deluxeeditionexposed_top.jpg

Soundtrack and Art book only available with pre-orders.

Oooh Art book nice. I love the art design in the game.

Btw still playing my first playthrough of the Asian version. I have 1-4, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3, 5-2, and 5-3 to finish. Currently doing 5-2. The game is one of my GOTY nominees for sure. Great PS3 exclusive.

Oooh Art book nice. I love the art design in the game.

Btw still playing my first playthrough of the Asian version. I have 1-4, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3, 5-2, and 5-3 to finish. Currently doing 5-2. The game is one of my GOTY nominees for sure. Great PS3 exclusive.
Agreed. It is my favorite game of the year so far.

Ah, 5-2. I REALLY dislike the whole 5 level entirely. Not for any good reason mind you. It is for the reason the devs created: the incredible sense of exploring a thoroughly oppressive and diseased wasteland. It is shocking how effective that atmosphere is. The atmosphere of the whole game really. It never lets up. :thumbs:

I don't really fully understand the co op. Say my friend brings his PS3 over, and pops it in the other room. Do one of us have to die and do the whole "defeat one boss to get your body back"? Or is there a set option for co-op mode?

I don't really fully understand the co op. Say my friend brings his PS3 over, and pops it in the other room. Do one of us have to die and do the whole "defeat one boss to get your body back"? Or is there a set option for co-op mode?
The only way you could not play together is if you are both in body form. Otherwise, any number of combinations of body/phantom or even phantom/phantom would work.

Oh, and to make things more fun, everyone who is getting the US version should post their PSN ID in this thread so we can all co-op these bad muthas. :thumbs:

Mine is: V1ctIm

(Just mention HL2.net in the invite.)

God I wish this game came out for Xbox... This is one of the few PS3 games I really wanna try.

if I have the Japanese version, can I play with my friend who just got the US version?? if so that would be RAD!

I don't believe so, since MGO didn't work that way.

Anyway, might be picking this up, as it's lookin' pretty good.

I don't believe so, since MGO didn't work that way.

Anyway, might be picking this up, as it's lookin' pretty good.

that sucks, i couldn't just wait but this game is like twice the difficulty of Ninja Gaiden if you were comparing those games side by side

EDIT: played tonight and it went really well. leveled up my longsword to +3 and I think I'm going to raise it to max. Also I want to get my vitality up high and also endurance. and this game is very addicting, i'm gunna try and get my friend to buy a PS3 before he moves so we can play this together. i think I beat one major stage and in 7 hrs barely scratched the surface. if i put more time into it, I imagine I'll get better and better.

Sweet review of course. Everything about this game is just awesome. Can't wait to pick it up after work and get back into it! I wonder how it will affect my saves from the Asian version...? Anyone have ideas? Proof?

I really want to buy the Collector's US Edition just to have for my Grandchildren someday. They would all be like, "holy shit Grandpa was a wicked video game player....i wonder if he was LEGENDARY??" and then they'll look at my score for the game and laugh at how upsettingly low it is, lol

148869-demonssouls_deluxeeditionexposed_top.jpg

And then their alien overlords will tell them to stop talking and continue working the mines.

Nice work! There are much easier ways to do it, but they are not as fun. :)

Glad you seem to be enjoying it! I can't wait to get home tonight and play some more! I only had time last night to beat Phalanx and start the elevators in 2-1. Good times. :D

Man, this game looks like a ton of fun. I wish I had a PS3, or that this game was multiplatform (my guess is that will never happen...).

FRIDAY
I SHALL GET IT
and I shall make my dual-wielding sorcerer

^^^I can do this right?

****ing amazon sucks. Pre-ordered with standard (3-5 days), it shipped on the 5th and says it won't get here until the 15th. FML.

Shit, I'm now kidnapping my friend's family and forcing him to buy this game.

This game looks great! I've only heard good things about it too. Wish I could play it.

I'm going to try and beat this game with as little help as possible. I have this version too so forget me ever knowing what to properly do in the game when it comes to instructions. also i did kinda cheat and turn the brightness of my tv way up for this game but i find that you can do that in any game to get an edge

DSAsian.jpg

if you're desperate enough for the game you should at least sell some crappy games you have to get this one. I put in nearly 14 hrs all ready and today i was playing so much i didn't realize i was still playing it.

if you're desperate enough for the game you should at least sell some crappy games you have to get this one. I put in nearly 14 hrs all ready and today i was playing so much i didn't realize i was still playing it.

I have way more than enough to buy this game...

...it's just that...

...I'm a cheap mother****er. :bonce:

buy the game, skip all the other games that are coming up (cept Uncharted 2 and COD) and challenge your brain for once!

Stupid amazon shipping date. I ordered the game on release date and it's arriving on the same day as Uncharted 2's release date. :frown:

Beat Tower Knight.

Loving this game. A whole lot.

It was almost too easy on co-op, though. I think my partners died near the end, cause I lost them.

oh well. :3

Beat Tower Knight.

Loving this game. A whole lot.

It was almost too easy on co-op, though. I think my partners died near the end, cause I lost them.

oh well. :3

Congrats! also I now play this game in OFFLINE mode because I keep getting my ass handed to me by Phantoms. they'll show up when I'm least suspecting it with wicked ass weapons and its not fair at all. at least auto balance or something! The guy was hitting me with poison and I kept bleeding and if I want to fuking dual I'll play WoW

Alright. Have finished 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 4-1, 4-2, and 5-1.

This game is simply delicious. I've gotten more time out of it than so many others combined. Invaded one guy's world and killed him, and been invaded twice and killed them. People aren't very good because they rely on their shields.

I <3 my lava bow

Yeah, if you think about it, you can get some really good strategies going for either ambushing the players that invade or for when you invade. The thief/graverobbers rings work really well. Also don't forget the spell/miracle that can make you less visible to enemies. I remember I got invaded by a very clever black phantom and I didnt see her until she was stabbing me in the back. Sad times, but good lesson learned. The game is AWESOME.

Sucks that I spent so much time on the Asian version though--now I miss all of my kick-ass weaponry and I have so much less time to devote to this as I did back in March! :(

Back