Demon's Souls

just arrived in the mail. add me so yall can teach me a lesson!

Lesson One: You WILL die and lose lots of souls. Don't start over because of it.

Lesson Two: Keep your character well rounded. Going pure physical can probably work, but it's going to make some physical resistant guys annoying as hell if you don't have any magic to compensate. There are some very useful spells that you'll want to have at your disposal (Evacuate is very handy).

Lesson Three: Learn how the equipment stat modifiers work. This will save you from wasting stat points in things you don't need.

Lesson Four: Don't use the boss' souls on yourself until you know what they can unlock. You can trade in some of the boss souls for weapon upgrades or spells. There are some spells you probably don't want to miss. If you use them for yourself you might miss out on a good spell or upgrade you'll have to get on a NG+ and all you'll get in return is enough souls for a stat point or something.

Lesson Five: Try not to let those crystal geckos get away. They only spawn a set number of times and they always drop great loot (always stuff to help you upgrade items if I'm not mistaken).

Noted. :thumbs:

Just one question before I get too far in the game: Does it make a really big difference between choosing female or male? I'm currently a female character but I'm reading around that male characters have the more powerful armor or something.

Noted. :thumbs:

Just one question before I get too far in the game: Does it make a really big difference between choosing female or male? I'm currently a female character but I'm reading around that male characters have the more powerful armor or something.

There's one good item that only females get. But it's not necessary at all, and mostly meaningless. Choose whatever you want.

can anyone tell me whats the difference between white world tendency and black world tendency? how do you change between these two?

btw, I'm getting really sick and tired of losing bunch of souls every time because of some really cheap moves done by enemies.

Which one?
Maiden Astrea from 5-3. She is the one that gives the Pure Soul I think. I also think the Nexus music changes to really dark and ominous organ music once you kill her even though some have said it happens after you kill King Allant from 1-4. It makes more sens once you kill her though because something is lost in that murder.
I felt real bad about killing her as she sat there quietly. I just shot arrows at her from above and she kept asking me to stop or question why I was doing it (iirc). ;(

Maiden Astrea from 5-3. She is the one that gives the Pure Soul I think. I also think the Nexus music changes to really dark and ominous organ music once you kill her even though some have said it happens after you kill King Allant from 1-4. It makes more sens once you kill her though because something is lost in that murder.
I felt real bad about killing her as she sat there quietly. I just shot arrows at her from above and she kept asking me to stop or question why I was doing it (iirc). ;(

lol theory spoilers

She was -maybe-[note maybe] having an affair with the knight who you also have to fight. (or he kills himself if you kill her). That valley is where she would go to abort babies(because she was affiliated with the church and wasn't allowed to do this in the first place).

All those demon things in 5-3 you fight are her aborted fetuses.

It's a hypothesis, but an awesome one. I hope I'm remembering it correctly.

Did a bit of 1-3, was getting my ass kicked. Should I just move on to world 3 then?

Funny thing happened. I spawned a blue soul player to beat the dragon god, I let him do all the work. While he destroyed the last pillar, he got fried by dragon god and I just finished the job from there.

XD

Did a bit of 1-3, was getting my ass kicked. Should I just move on to world 3 then?
I got my ass kicked in 1-3 also. I suggest you do some other worlds excluding world 5. World 4 is pretty easy if you are about lvl 30-40.

BTW, 1-3 boss is the easiest one yet.

1-3 was very fun. I loved it. Red Knights are boss, plus it's a breeding ground for invading players(killed three in a row in a space of 10 minutes).

The boss isn't too easy, if you pay attention he is, but god damn if he isn't just the coolest mother****er I've seen.

well, he is easy once you free Biorr.

should I upgrade penetrating sword to max? or just upgrade my uchigatana?

btw, dragon sword is ****ing awesome.

I killed the old monk. Does anyone know how to summon as the boss and fight other players in 3-4?

I killed the old monk. Does anyone know how to summon as the boss and fight other players in 3-4?

Drop your bloo stone in 3-2 and hope no one summons you before the game forces you in.

Also I had to beat Penetrator without Biorr. :3

Havent gotten there yet. That's the level with
Selen Vinland right? Or is she in 5-2, I never seem to find her. She's not the female black phantom NPC who attacks you with a meat-cleaver is she?

And she asks you to save her brother(can't remember his name) who is guarding Maiden Astrea?

I got my ass kicked in 1-3 also. I suggest you do some other worlds excluding world 5. World 4 is pretty easy if you are about lvl 30-40.

BTW, 1-3 boss is the easiest one yet.

Biorr ftw.

well, he is easy once you free Biorr.

Weird. I didn't know you could get help for a boss fight from an NPC. Although I didn't find him hard without help. Just back away and move clockwise to dodge his attacks then lunge in with an R2 stab from my spear, wash, rinse, repeat.

Spears are seriously awesome, all the invaders that pop in can't handle me stabbing through their defenses

yea. my first char was a knight but that shit wasn't going anywhere. started wrecking shit once i made a soldier with a winged spear+3. yea, i'm deadly.

How's the replay value in your guys opinions?
IMHO, it is REALLY HIGH. Not only for the fact that it will take you 4 playthroughs to upgrade everything to its highest form, but also because co-opping levels with other players and running into and fighting against Black Phantoms NEVER GETS OLD. The tension is always high and you have no idea how the other players in your world will react. Plus the combat never gets old--it is insanely fun to still go back to beat on enemies once you upgrade your tools or learn new magic. Just get it. :p

yes, rent the game if anything. i was a skeptic at first, but when game started clicking with me i felt like i just became a badass.

Once you find your preferred style of play, it's just amazing.

Considering you're going to go through several of the levels many many times, it needs to have high replay value.

How the hell do you change your world to white tendency? BTW, does the world tendency reset when you go back to nexus?

How the hell do you change your world to white tendency? BTW, does the world tendency reset when you go back to nexus?

'Fraid not. If you completely missed your chance to get white tendency, then you've pretty much missed it until the next NG+.

I believe the only way is to go through without dying and kill several bosses. I'm not even completely sure how, as it's very vague. Look on the wiki.

Been playing a bit of world 3

As far as difficulty goes how do the worlds rank?

Been playing a bit of world 3

As far as difficulty goes how do the worlds rank?

Boletarian Palace - World 1

Stonefang Tunnel - World 2

Tower of Latria - World 3

Shrine of Storms - World 4

Valley of Defilement - World 5

Why the **** is this in the game:
all of world 5, 2-2 boss, 3-2 boss

Hard:
1-1(at first), 1-3, 4-1, 4-2, 1-2 boss,

Meh:
3-2, 4-2 boss, 2-3 boss

I beat this level without dying once:
2-2 boss IF YOU HAVE THE PURPLE FLAME SHIELD, 1-1 boss,

This is based on what I've done so far.

So i havnt been on the forums for a while, in terms of posting for some reason iv just been a reader recently.

Anyway...

Iv been playing the shit out of this and it was hard for about the 1st 3-5 hours. If you play this game smart you wont have any problems. Aside from that its probably going to be my Game of the Year. ****ing thing is amazing!

I wish they had a stat sheet like with all the info on your character. Would have been cool to compare it online!

I want this game sooooo bad. Hopefully someone will airdrop me a PS3, because I can't justify buying one for just this game.

I wish they had a stat sheet like with all the info on your character. Would have been cool to compare it online!
Well, at the top of the Nexus you can sort of compare yourself with what others are doing. The statues for the players that have killed the most Black Phantoms, helped the most people, wonthe game the most, etc. Seeing some of these in the Asian version floored me because I saw weapons I didn't even know were available on their characters. It was awesome. First time I saw one dual-wielded large Swords of Searching, I was seriously in love. But yeah, it would be neat to be abot to compare page by page with even just your friends.

And yes, GOTY for me. Uncharted 2 is probably the best all around game (maybe ever on a console), but Demon's Souls is more fun and has more longevity thanks to absolutely killer gameplay.

Well, at the top of the Nexus you can sort of compare yourself with what others are doing. The statues for the players that have killed the most Black Phantoms, helped the most people, wonthe game the most, etc. Seeing some of these in the Asian version floored me because I saw weapons I didn't even know were available on their characters. It was awesome. First time I saw one dual-wielded large Swords of Searching, I was seriously in love. But yeah, it would be neat to be abot to compare page by page with even just your friends.

And yes, GOTY for me. Uncharted 2 is probably the best all around game (maybe ever on a console), but Demon's Souls is more fun and has more longevity thanks to absolutely killer gameplay.

Ya i know about that, just would like to compare it with friends.

Big news for Oct. 31 guys:

HEROES OF BOLETARIA, BE WARNED:
THE OLD ONE'S POWER WILL GROW ON ALL HALLOW'S EVE
If you opt to play Demon's Souls online on Halloween, quest with caution...​

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA -- OCTOBER 29, 2009 -- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today passed along an ominous warning to online players of the sleeper hit Demon's Souls™ for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

"Early reports from the Kingdom of Boletaria indicate that the Old One's power grows," announced Aram Jabbari, Manager of PR and Sales for Atlus, shuffling awkwardly under the weight of his full set of fluted armor. "We've discovered that the nefarious Demon will seek to descend the land in pure blackness on All Hallow's Eve. His minions will be more powerful, but the rewards for those who seek to challenge them will be greater as well. We don't know how long this dark tendency will last, but we do advise those prone to controller-into-LCD syndrome to proceed carefully." Jabbari then cackled as he quickly put a Thief's ring on his finger and disappeared.
Source.

Online for this game is insanely cool anyway and now they do this?? Incredible. My favorite game of the year. Easy. See you there!!

I don't understand, are they making everyone pure black tendency?

I don't understand, are they making everyone pure black tendency?
I believe so. Wicked right? Can't wait to slay the black phantom NPCs I have been too lazy to confront heretofore. :p Should be some sweet rewards too--colorless demon souls, talisman of beasts, weapons, etc. Fuggin A.

damn, there's my chance to farm those bladestones i need.

Wow. A black phantom just invaded while i was playing in 4-2 with two other bluephies, carrying some big ass uber sword. I bait one of his strong attacks by rolling into him, landing the most awesome backstab ever, then kicking him off my spear into the ****ing ocean.

Wish i could record that.

Back