Demon's Souls

Wow already? Noice. 4.2 is the spot with the Reapers yeh?

Oh, damn. I haven't finished that one then. I got to the boss, but one unlucky dodge managed to shave off all my health.

Reapers are easy since they go down by three arrows.

So I assume there are 5 Acts to this game and each has 3 stages right?? If so I barely touches the surface of this awesome game

There are 5 stages, with 3 bosses each aside from the first which has 4.

and then there are new game +'s

Plus there is still the tease of the 6th archstone for the Land of the Giants that is currently broken. I wonder if we will see that as DLC or a proper sequel first? :p

Wonder is new game+ infinite? So you can go to new game++++++... etc.

3 hour boss fights ftw.

Yeah. I know one guy who was on his tenth or so(from the import).

Not to mention you can make more than one character.

No, but I beat him in the later mission he pops up in.

If you do beat him, some cutscene happens which FORCES you to die.

Haha! Of course you are forced to die I guess. Only way to get to the Nexus. And the 4-1 Vanguard is ridiculously easy if you run underground and attack him from behind. He won't know what hit him! :D

Haha! Of course you are forced to die I guess. Only way to get to the Nexus. And the 4-1 Vanguard is ridiculously easy if you run underground and attack him from behind. He won't know what hit him! :D

I shot arrows at him for four minutes.

I shot arrows at him for four minutes.

I used up all my magic spice on getting him to halfway, then used the MP regen ring to finish him off with magic attacks. The last part took forever ofcourse.

I used up all my magic spice on getting him to halfway, then used the MP regen ring to finish him off with magic attacks. The last part took forever ofcourse.
Yikes. You have the patience of a saint. Mind that you will not have the opportunity to be that patient with the real 4-1 boss, Adjudicator (as you may or may not already know). :E

Yikes. You have the patience of a saint. Mind that you will not have the opportunity to be that patient with the real 4-1 boss, Adjudicator (as you may or may not already know). :E

Yeah I defeated him first time. I felt awesome. Even if I did exploit his dodgy pathfinding when up close.

On the Vanguard, I was able to target him with magic outside his attack range so he just stood there basically. Switched over to watch TV every time I was regenerating MP :p.

lol i died so many times by that dragon. anyways i beat the Spider boss today and he/she was fairly easy. just run towards her, get into the same room, run to the left little nook behind a few wooden boards and start shooting your crossbow at her. easiest boss yet

lol i died so many times by that dragon. anyways i beat the Spider boss today and he/she was fairly easy. just run towards her, get into the same room, run to the left little nook behind a few wooden boards and start shooting your crossbow at her. easiest boss yet
Yeah, you can stay at the end of the tunnel you start in and do the same thing on the left side. Some of the bosses are ridiculously easy like this where you just stand there and shoot with impunity. Like everyone on level 5!! :p

Yeah, you can stay at the end of the tunnel you start in and do the same thing on the left side. Some of the bosses are ridiculously easy like this where you just stand there and shoot with impunity. Like everyone on level 5!! :p

Level 5 is horrible.
Especially 5-2.

Oh my god.

The big troll-things that can sprint at you and don't slow down in the muck, but you do, making it near impossible for a dodge-oriented fighter like me. :l

well the guy blocking the section before the boss fight was the same deal. he shoots flame at you and all you gotta do is stand off to the side after all the barrells are exploded and shoot crossbows until he dies

Level 5 is horrible.
Especially 5-2.

Oh my god.

The big troll-things that can sprint at you and don't slow down in the muck, but you do, making it near impossible for a dodge-oriented fighter like me. :l

Keep to 'island hopping'. Also the enemies will wander back to their path-point if you wear the thief-ring(although you prolly are wearing the regen and poison resistance ring) and put enough distance between you and them. So use that tactic if you get stuck, particularly when enemies are grouped. Lure them out 1 at a time.

Btw beware of the meat-cleaving enemy in the first area of the swamp. Nearly had a heart attack when I first saw her RUNNING through the swamp at me. Not cool.

Also the jellyfish enemies don't respawn on repeat playthroughs(thank god).

But yeah 5-2 is a bitch, still haven't finished it myself. Try and get to the bridge and lower it, then you can bypass the swamp all together.

btw from the IGN review
Hilariously bad voice performances aside

Huh? I thought the VA was great.

this game looks like the game i've been waiting to play my entire life. i am thisclose to picking up a ps3 now...

But yeah 5-2 is a bitch, still haven't finished it myself. Try and get to the bridge and lower it, then you can bypass the swamp all together.

btw from the IGN review

Huh? I thought the VA was great.
VA is extremely good. I love the accents too. And yes, Thief's Ring helps a great deal here in particular.

Make a point of getting Istarelle in level 5 though as soon as you can. I think you need White WT to get to have the ladder appear for it, but just co-op through the level beating the bosses without dying and you will be close to White I think. It is a seriously AWESOME spear and remember that with spears you can attack long distances and still be blocking. Really annoys some of the phantoms you may encounter. :E

VA is extremely good. I love the accents too. And yes, Thief's Ring helps a great deal here in particular.

Make a point of getting Istarelle in level 5 though as soon as you can. I think you need White WT to get to have the ladder appear for it, but just co-op through the level beating the bosses without dying and you will be close to White I think. It is a seriously AWESOME spear and remember that with spears you can attack long distances and still be blocking. Really annoys some of the phantoms you may encounter. :E

No worse than the Scraping Spear.

No worse than the Scraping Spear.
LOL. Yeah, that and any bleeding weapons. HATE them (when used on me of course). Funny that in all of my hours spent with the NA and Asian versions, I have only seen ME with a scraping spear whereas everyone and their mother has a Meat Cleaver. Weird. I have been the only one with a Dozer Axe as well. Just not that popular I guess.

So, what advices can you give to a person who is about to start a new game?

1) expect to die a lot
2) take you're time
3) stock up on herbs
4) revisit older places to try new spells/gear
5) go back to the Nexus often to buy stuff, sometimes if you go too far into a level, you lose everything!
6) play in offline mode if you're getting killed by other players invading your game
7) read the tips others left behind
8) play when fully awake
9) just remember baby steps baby steps baby steps

It's nearly impossible to do full magic. But there are some swords that work off of the magic stat.

ok, I just killed the tower knight then got myself toasted by a ****ing cheap ass dragon. now it tells me to kill another demon boss in order to get my full health back.

FUUUUUUck

You sure you weren't fighting Phalanx?

Also, it's good to play with less health for a while, it teaches you how to stay alive.

No, I killed phalanx (easy boss). I killed the tower knight last night then got killed by a dragon for fooling around. How am I suppose to kill a third boss with only half hp?

Back