Did anyone find the easter egg in the E3 2003 Trailers?

Anyone tried listening to what the G-man's saying backwards?

"If you're analysing this at such detail you're in too close. Doom 3 forever!"

Now there's a topic for debate...

No offence to anyone, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying it, but a lot of people need to look up the definition of an easter egg.. :S

OMG! if u look at the statue and turn your monitor 87 degrees to the left and squint a little, it kinda looks like... etc, etc, isn't really an easter egg. An easter egg would be something like that cow, but not fake. The toilet thing sounded good, but a toilet is the kinda thing you expect to see in debris.

http://www.eeggs.com/faq.html

Read this for a nice definition :)

Oh, and if no-one cleared it up, C17 is in eastern europe, lot's of signs are in english because there are a lot of temporary textures being used in the videos (you might spot some familiar brand names in screenshots).

To everyone who keeps asking about when Gabe mentioned the eggs:

Metal Gear Solid 2 had name tags for dead people of some selected fans. Have you ever thought of doing something like this (incorporating fan names) into the game somehow? If so, can I be Dead Scientist #42?

Gabe Newell: There will be some surprises in the games. There's at least one Easter egg in the videos that no one has noticed yet.

And the FU may have been a throwback to HL1, apparently the soldiers use the age old code of "Foxtrot Uniform" to mean **** you. Being in the cadets is so useful ;) Did anyone else see the way on Alyx's shirt (which says "Black Mesa") her jacket covers up most of the letters so all you can see is "ck me". Ehehehe. :naughty:

Completion 70% reference - it says "Reflectivity 70%", similar things are all over unfinished bits of HL2.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to dump the bink videos that came with CZ to png's, and pore over the frames.

Well, most of that's been mentioned, once or twice, here and there, in one form or another.

I reckon at least some of the signs are in English because there's a lot of English speakers in City 17, though. There'd have to be, or otherwise the player'd go through most of the game going "Whuh?"... The binks and E3 2004 ads seem to bear this out to a certain extent, at least as far as the resistance members go... Also, I seem to recall that things like the "Terminal Hotel", or whatever it's called in the screenshots, are fairly common in Europe... Maybe City17 was once a tourism town?

I found one more easteregg and two huge mistakes in the strider video.

at the beginning, the tramway is moving away, but seconds later gordon is in the middle of the street and the electricitycable ist gone!! the other thing is this mud thing on the street. how could the tramway pass this mudcluster??!
the easter egg is the road sign. if u look carefully you can spot a bus on it, but theres just been a tramway..

proof:
strider.zip

-------------------------------------------------------

btw I'm from austria and it was kind of a shock when someone said austria is in eastern europe... we are in the centre!!

I think city17 is in russia or ukraine. why? because the cars are ladas and the submarine in the coastline video is a russian type.

Thandor said:

at the beginning, the tramway is moving away, but seconds later gordon is in the middle of the street and the electricitycable ist gone!! the other thing is this mud thing on the street. how could the tramway pass this mudcluster??!
the easter egg is the road sign. if u look carefully you can spot a bus on it, but theres just been a tramway..

proof:
strider.zip

-------------------------------------------------------

btw I'm from austria and it was kind of a shock when someone said austria is in eastern europe... we are in the centre!!

I think city17 is in russia or ukraine. why? because the cars are ladas and the submarine in the coastline video is a russian type.

Rofl...
1. & 2. The electricity for streetlights isn't turned on during the day, and even if they were, there are striders clamping around, I'd say the could cut the powercord pretty well...
3. Are you sure the gravel was there when the tram went through, are you sure it wasn't the strider who pushed it down onto the tracks afterwards?
4. ... A *BUSS* ... More like a tram? It's a tramtrack, make sense, yes?...

So, basically, you're not sherlock. Next...

Regards
Dead-Inside

Dead-Inside said:
Rofl...
1. & 2. The electricity for streetlights isn't turned on during the day, and even if they were, there are striders clamping around, I'd say the could cut the powercord pretty well...
3. Are you sure the gravel was there when the tram went through, are you sure it wasn't the strider who pushed it down onto the tracks afterwards?
4. ... A *BUSS* ... More like a tram? It's a tramtrack, make sense, yes?...

1&2. Don't the trams run from the electricity from the powerlines above only? If you watch the bink you'll see that the powerlines suddenly stop.
3. The gravel's there at the begining you've just gotta actually look at the bink to see that.
4. ...yeah, its a picture of a bus, not a tram.

Thandor said:

proof:
strider.zip

I live in Nottingham in England (which is in the UK if u still don't know :p) [the UK is in EUROPE btw :D :p]

well we have trams and im PREEEEETTY sure that they dont ALWAYS need the overhead powerlines, and as you see in the vid the lines definately STOP its not as if they've been destroyed. As for the "mud" in the way, im guessing its that on the proof pic above ^ well i'd say that's more like a lump of building than a pile of mud/dirt so that probs got thrown there by the strider.

As for the sign...well that's getting silly :p

lolz those trams dont need the "overhead powerlines" all the time . they can save energy . . .

Don't know if this is anything, as it's a bit contrived, but in the Tunnels video, there's graffiti on one of the walls. I think part of it says 'RE'. Perhaps a reference to Rick Ellis, the Senior Engineering Lead at Valve?

Attachments

• 'RE'.JPG
    'RE'.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 376
i cant see it :$ looks like random grafiti to me... unless it says "Gooseman Rulez" :)

K im not sure if this has been posted but I remember a long time ago some one siad that Valve said look hard into the eyes. well AT the End of the long e3 2003 video the physce part or what ever it is there is a BIG RED eye i believe and right in the middle of the eye there is a paragraph with red writing about gordon freeman's Status or something. Im just guessing thats it. In pieces) It says something like (From top)"Evidence of seizure and muscular----30 ml sample sustained." There are like 2 layers of words. so its hard to read. more towards the bottom says "Unknown vector at this time requirements of---" thats really all i can get, if u didnt know about this b4 then plz check it out and see if u can get more out of it. some more just random stuff "Freeman,Gordon" "Subject to availability and urged" Thats all folks

Attachments

• eye.JPG
    eye.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 303
  • paragraph.JPG
    paragraph.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 315
  • words.JPG
    words.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 304
aaaaah i can remember a threat were some guys figured that out . . but i cant find it anymore

I've got all that stuff typed up somewhere. That text seems to be about Gordon being in some sort of coma. Part of it mentions "Dark energy", for some reason, so perhaps it's some sort of side-effect of being shoved through space and time so frequently towards the end of HL?

there it is.

one interesting thing i thought, was it mentioned 'simulation' near the bottom. wouldnt that be such a story twist if it turned out none of this was real, it was all a simulation, like the matrix :naughty:

probably not... anyway that text is nothing much really, just science mumbo jumbo on stuff that happened in the wake-up procedure.

herbster said:
well, in the room with the dropping barrels and giant bath, the tiles on the wall say something like "completion.... 70%" I cant read the word though. Nobody has mentioned that today.

it says 'reflectivity 70%' (by the way im completely certain on that!)

i presume this is a texture used by the mappers, because it isnt finished yet, to give info about their intentions for the final map.

EDIT: sorry about the double post, did realise until after, and cant be bothered to merge the two now!

lol, no prob about the double post!!!
i am also sure it says reflectivity ^_^
i simulation would be weird, the weird state that Gordon seems to be in (with the things flying by, and the Gman) could be the "real world" if it was like the matrix

yeah and the farmer with a shotgun yelling, get the **** away from my cow striders ! *blast* blast* :D :bounce:

oops , sorry this was a reply on some1 on the first page ... i wasnt paying attention :p

how the **** did you guys found that text, ultra bright display or something like that ? :)

I dont know if anyone played redemption but it seemed that gordo was more in a cryogenic freeze than a coma, it would explain why he really "hasnt aged a day" after redemption the g-man froze him till the time of need. The thing is if the gman waited so long 10-15 years like said, why hasnt he aged a day, that supports the rumor that hes not human or something like that.
Its just my input... good theories here though.

Hackerman said:
I dont know if anyone played redemption but it seemed that gordo was more in a cryogenic freeze than a coma, it would explain why he really "hasnt aged a day" after redemption the g-man froze him till the time of need. The thing is if the gman waited so long 10-15 years like said, why hasnt he aged a day, that supports the rumor that hes not human or something like that.
Its just my input... good theories here though.

I'm guessing you posted in the wrong topic :E

Yes, but this is the 2003 trailers we're talking about.

I'm leaning towards the toilets and FU.

Did anyone figure out what was written in that red code at the end of the e3 video? I don't know if this has been discussed under this topic because i don't have the willpower to read all 16 pages. I can only make out "Gordon increased ...ponse Subied??? to availa?(bility)? What about the blue face at the end? My sister says it sorta looks like Albert Einstein. Whatever, anybody have any ideas?

It's a load of stuff that seems to indicate that Gordon was in a coma of some sort.

This is what I got from a screenshot I took (words are cut off because it is a cut paragraph):
Under observation. Galvanic activation with seve
cidence of seizure and muscular catatonia, reco
titration of 30ml sample, sustained alpha activt
reeman, Gordon. increased activity in neural iso
no response. Subject availability and urgency
*insert lambda symbol* unknown vector at this time. Requirements of
eyond current threshold for amgydalic suppressi
ark energy remnants in the simulation until basal
f evaluation despite objections of caretakers give

I recall a fantastic post in which a forum member cleared up many of the meanings in the text, etc. I'll try to find the post, but it may be lost in the past :p

EDIT: I'm not sure this is the exact post, but it makes a similar point:

kaf11 said:
i posted this over at phl, but i thought i would put it here too, b/c i think it would be better accepted over here where theres a bit more intellegent conversation. something interesting i found when i looked at the new screenshots from the psyche video. the text that is more clear now says: "Requirements of...eyond current threshold for amgydalic suppressi..." i think this has a lot to do with whats been happening to gordon during his coma, or whatever has been happening to him. the amygdala is an almond shaped structure of the brain lying below the surface of the cortex in the tip of the temporal lobe. it is the structure of the brain associated with forming, recognizing, and remembering emotional experiences. its primary role is to attach emotional feelings to events or situations, especially those involving fear, panic, danger or anxiety. im a psychology student and i recognized its importance, and after revewing my text, i couldnt help but think that this is quite possibly something that "they" would try to do to gordon. amgydalic supression would obviously be beneficial to the gman, because it would be a good way for him to control gordon, especially when he had plans for dropping him into another hostile situation; city 17. perhaps by supressing his obvious conditioned response of fear he acquired in the black mesa incident, hes trying to turn gordon into a fighter once again for use in city 17. by erasing his emotional attachment to those hostile situations gordon wouldnt be at risk for having a mental breakdown when faced with a similar situation. this suppression which is "beyond current threshold" would also explain the supposed flashbacks gordon will have, as was revealed by someone at valve.

erm... frosty did u mean for that to be here? I can't see how the story we're speculating on...is the easter egg :E lol

Back