Did anyone find the easter egg in the E3 2003 Trailers?

leave romeo be, at least she isn't saying 'teh' anymore...

hahaha

So I take it no one has found the easter egg.

I'm beginning to believe whoever said that there wasn't one and Newell was trying to keep interest in the game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in the traptown bink, when gordon hits the wooden boards when he leaves the staircases, the boards break before the crowbar hits them. I'll try to post a screenie l8

The crowbar thing was a glitch that valve has since fixed

Most of the 'things reacting before hit' problems were artifacts in the demo playback.

Attachments

• kleiner-valve.jpg
    kleiner-valve.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 434
WOW Well spotted my good man!

Could be could be?

Greg?

it could be but the valve isn't That close to his head, you'd think it'd be right behind him or somthing but its on a little pipe piece.

I think the easter-egg is in the traptown vid where one of the posters on the wall when the aliens are attacking (When gordon is looking down the alleyway before they come and attack and he turns the spinny chop thing on) one of the posters on the alleyway look like the G-man. Another egg is that in coastline g-man is on one of the beached boats in the harbour.

The boats are quite far away, how would you tell if the gman was on one or not?

Here is the first...

Attachments

• hello_there.jpg
    hello_there.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 435
Dalamari said:
I think the easter-egg is in the traptown vid where one of the posters on the wall when the aliens are attacking (When gordon is looking down the alleyway before they come and attack and he turns the spinny chop thing on) one of the posters on the alleyway look like the G-man. Another egg is that in coastline g-man is on one of the beached boats in the harbour.

Can we see a pic from the coastline vid?

I cant seem to spot it! :(

I'm surprised that we don't know the answer to this yet. I mean, somebody must've found it in the leak. And leak posters don't seem to hold back much.

And please post a pic of the G-man on the boat.

I went back and watched the coastline video, and I saw NO evidence of the G-Man in a boat.. I could photoshop him in there, if you'd like :)

Anyhow.. watching that Bink for the first time in months felt nostalgic :(

Shuzer said:
I went back and watched the coastline video, and I saw NO evidence of the G-Man in a boat.. I could photoshop him in there, if you'd like :)

Anyhow.. watching that Bink for the first time in months felt nostalgic :(

Same here, especially when he smashes through the window. And the barrells flying through the air.

You know, people got so worked up about scripted moments in the video that they forgot about the cool things that couldn't have been scripted.

Yea, the boat thing was a joke just so you would watch the coastline vid close, so I guess it worked : D

But that pic of what looks like the G-man might be it

Several people asked: What was the easter egg in the E3 2003 vids?
I don't have the heart (or the spine) to answer this question.

as said from someone at valve...not sure what or the spine means though

so he's a coward to admit something.... that there is no easter egg!!

um... what? Its just an expression wtf has easter eggs got to do with it?

Ok..I guess it's just me that thinks it seems like an odd reply.

and why would he put "or the spine" in parentheses?

A|2SENIC said:
Ok..I guess it's just me that thinks it seems like an odd reply.

and why would he put "or the spine" in parentheses?

It means, I don't want you to be upset (or for you to get angry at me).

End of discussion about spines

Feath said:
It means, I don't want you to be upset (or for you to get angry at me).

End of discussion about spines

Exactly. Which would suggest the truth is dissapointing, i.e. THERE IS NO EASTER EGG!!!

I'll go with wel11er's answer on this one.

He either meant there is no easter egg or that its so painfully obvious that it doesn't deserve to be answered.

ukfilmer said:
who said the F U meant foxtrot uniform? are you a fool? it's obviously just **** You.. no?
hmm what do you mean with "Foxtrot Uniform" ? hm a level in OpposingForce was called like that i know but what does it mean ?

When did anyone say there was an easter egg anyways?

Ages ago, not long after E3 2003, i think it was Gabe who mentioned it in an email reply.

eber said:
hmm what do you mean with "Foxtrot Uniform" ? hm a level in OpposingForce was called like that i know but what does it mean ?

I think someone around here said it was the American Phonetic Alphabet, or something like that... That series of codes that they use to communicate letters without error.

(Continued)

It's obvious that the toilets were put in there for a purpose, in all the binks (that have toilets) except Tunnels, the player deliberately looks directly at the toilets.

I havent found any in the Striders or Docks Bink, and doubt theres any in the gman or psyche binks.

Also, the rumor about an Easter Egg in the 2003 E3 Binks originated from Gabe, if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• Tunnels.JPG
    Tunnels.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 537
so any theories about the infatuation with toilets!??

sorry to bring up language again

but how would you be immersed if you see sings that are in a different language, then people start talking to you in perfect english? how fun would the game be if everyone spoke a foriegn language and you couldnt understand them? it'll probably be explained, probably cause "the administrator" is english and decided to make the city like that.
As far as the easter egg (back on topic) has anyone read the text on the psyche vid? im just curious at what it says even if it doesnt have anything important

well, that guy in the e32k4 vid said they have something in the water. maybe City17's water is like Mexico, so they NEED the toilets everywhere.

Holy Crapper.

I dunno, I get the impression there may be several eggs, and most people at VALVe simply don't know what they are. Maybe they were all put in by one designer?

Back