Did anyone find the easter egg in the E3 2003 Trailers?

lol eastern europe is holland and belgium? so whole western europe is england :p. Eastern europe makes me think of Czech or something like that, hongaria etc.

Urbanebula said:
Toilets - Only seen one in "barriacade" and "Traptown"

Wrong...

Theres one in the klieners lab vid, traptown, barricade, I think theres one on the buggy vid, one in tunnels too, I think.

Muahahah, We own the WHOLE of Western Europe!!! MUWAHAHHAHAH!!!

Oh wait..... we dont... :O

Urbanebula said:
"FU" - lmao. Never thought of it like that.
WTF!? how can you not think of it like that....one of the people there laughs and then says "F YOU!"

I agree with Urbanebula except for the cow.
(you probably didn't read that it was a joke :)

hmm, i saw Klieners lab again, and i see no toilet ! that junk on the table isnt a gluon gun, unless they took it out to not reveal too much in the video.
where are theses toilets?! screeny's would be handy.
Oh, and from what Alyx says in the Kliener scene, it seems most definate that Eli tries something, and dies... so they turn to the other Scientist guy :)

Adidajs said:
or MAYBE it's because their largest audience speaks english and it wouldn't do any good to put the signs in a language they couldn't understand.

once again Occam's Razor at work.
Except to make the environment feel more realistic. It's not like you'd need to be able to read a sign saying 'hotel' to understand the plot, all the information you need will most likely be spoken.

Ehh, if England makes up all of Western Europe wtf is Ireland? Part of Africa?

personally, i would hope that if the game takes place in Eastern Europe they would have signs in czech, or hungarian, or polish, or whatever else. i don't like when they dumb it down. i want the "feel" of a foreign country. I just hope that eastern european people have an appropriate accent (cite: Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow - american accents for foreigners - ugh!)

I think the "Evlav" on the paint cans seems most plausable for an easter egg. I hope it's not something totally stupid that no one would ever find. (me goes back to searching frame by frame)

can we email Gabe about this "evlav"? sure, Gabe said he wouldn't tell us, but what about asking him direct questions concerning the easter egg?

Hmmm this aint going nowhere....... btw is Denmark Western or Eastern Europe??

Denmark is central european with a touch of north.

It's just below Sweden, So I should know. --_

I think someone got the easter egg already...

In the traptown vid, when Gordon picks up the boxes to throw down the stairs... the boxes/packages read something like "Kirchmer Post" on the corner.

Eric Kirchmer is a "Illustrator/3D Artist" for VALVe software. It seems like he slipped his last name into one of the textures.

I'm not sure... but did someone check this with Gabe?

Spyre said:
I think someone got the easter egg already...

In the traptown vid, when Gordon picks up the boxes to throw down the stairs... the boxes/packages read something like "Kirchmer Post" on the corner.

Eric Kirchmer is a "Illustrator/3D Artist" for VALVe software. It seems like he slipped his last name into one of the textures.

I'm not sure... but did someone check this with Gabe?

Yeah, and he said it was a good find but not the Easter Egg.

well I want to see a screenshot of anything that looks to be an easter egg!

English Language Stuff

English not only absorbed words but it chased other languages down small alleyways, beat them up and rumaged through their pockets for any loose pieces of volcabulary that would be sueful.

I reckon Gabe made the whole "Easter Egg" thing up because,

1. It would keep the communit occupied for a long time
2. Easter egg = Chocolate. Chocolate...Gabe....Come on ;)

Feath said:
Yeah, and he said it was a good find but not the Easter Egg.
looks like someone slipped one under the radar. Next time, we tell Gabe if there are any Easter Eggs! :D

EAST AND WEST EUROPE: MAP!

This is not exactly... but pretty close anyway... :p

Attachments

• europe.jpg
    europe.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 414
I can see holland in there! Hurrah. I was a little bit on track.

I hate Geography! I rate we should all just go back to how it was at the beginning of time. All the continents stuck together. Mind you driving to a seaside town for a holiday would be a lengthy process for most of us. :(

the easter egg are all the messed up shadows and hl1 like textures!

figge said:
EAST AND WEST EUROPE: MAP!

This is not exactly... but pretty close anyway... :p

That guy needs to learn how to colour-in better :p

Farrowlesparrow said:
English not only absorbed words but it chased other languages down small alleyways, beat them up and rumaged through their pockets for any loose pieces of volcabulary that would be sueful.

English evolved from an early dialect of German. As did other Germanic languages like Dutch. And pretty much every European based language borrows words here and there from each other.

What does all this talk about language and geography have to do with the easter egg?
(I read the conversation but thats not about the easter egg!)

English has all sorts of shit... latin, celtic, german, french. It's partly because the place has been conquered so many times, like the Romans, Saxons, and Normans. :)

combat_wombat said:
What does all this talk about language and geography have to do with the easter egg?
(I read the conversation but thats not about the easter egg!)

Someone pointed out the easter egg might be a phrase or name in one of the vids which then prompted someone else to wonder why there's english phrases and names on any signs in the first place since the setting is supposed to be eastern europe.

Hmm, what kind of person would point out that, it's not important anyway!?

Eejit said:
Hmm, what kind of person would point out that, it's not important anyway!?

No, I guess it's not. But is it really that important to complain about either?

In the end of the bugbait video, there are the letters 'RQ' in graffity on the wall. They aren't shown very long, but does 'RQ' have any significance?

i thought i saw HL2 on a box in klieners lab, but it might have been dodgy shadow :)
dont know about RQ, RQD2 - gay robot star wars parody in HL2 ? hmmm, im tired.

I think the easter egg is that the boxes in the Tunnels movie break exactly like HL1 boxes

huh?
The boxes look the same. Doesn't sound like one to me.

Aphal said:
I think the easter egg is that the boxes in the Tunnels movie break exactly like HL1 boxes

Well thats a cruel easter egg considering everything breaks in the same manner :(

Aphal said:

thank god they changed them now, check the e32004 seafloor vid

seafloor vid?

or do you mean the seafloor in the e32k4 vid?

I think he means the one in with the buggy and the ant lions, where he shoots grenades out of mp7 at the boxes and they break up exactly right. And he also shoots a small one with a shotgun.

ACLeroK212 said:
Someone pointed out the easter egg might be a phrase or name in one of the vids which then prompted someone else to wonder why there's english phrases and names on any signs in the first place since the setting is supposed to be eastern europe.
Ok I don't really want to bring discussion back to this but when I said I read the conversation, I meant I read the conversation. I was just wondering why the discussion went from talking about the easter egg to JUST talking about languages.

combat_wombat said:
Ok I don't really want to bring discussion back to this but when I said I read the conversation, I meant I read the conversation. I was just wondering why the discussion went from talking about the easter egg to JUST talking about languages.

does this really matter at all?

why is it people must find something to bitch about in everything?

some people asked a couple simple questions and they got some answers. is it really that big of a deal?

In the 2k4 E3 vid of seeafloor the name of one of the wharehouses is leet.

Back