Did you like Goldeneye Facility? I liked Goldeneye Facility...

Jonny Phive said:
great... just great....

i dont mind competition, but it seems someone just released a facility map over on the steam forums... what a way to spoil the groove i was gettin in... :(

oh well, guess there will a plethora of GE maps :\

Oh well... Im compiling a version and headed off to class...

Seeing how things are going this week might suck after all :(

If the compile comes out good maybe some screens...

:(

*slaps Jonny Phive*

Pull yourself together man! :p

You have to keep working at it dude. Look at all the people who want to play this map. Don't let the competition pull you down.

ya you are right... im testing the vents right now :)

fun stuff!

soon my friends...

:p

soon... soon... oo noo..... thats soooo far away :(

we want "now" ;)

i'm still looking forward to it though :D

Wow, those screenies are orgasmic! Keep it up man, you'll get there :D

Jonny Phive said:
Oh whats the command to hid hud and weapon when taking screenies?

cl_drawhud 0..or cl_enablehud 0...just type find hud in console and you should find it.

This is the best looking facility map I have seen yet, good job.

Don't worry, releasing yours on the Steam forums will blow the other one away.

Weapon hiding: impulse 200 (must have sv_cheats 1 enabled)
HUD hiding: cl_drawhud 0

Still need a server to test it on Johnny?

perhaps. :)

kyle from netraid(server im working with) is working towards getting me one set up. however i would like some more testers.

up for it chris? :)

OH! and I hope the SLAM comes out soon! Its a prox mine type item!!! :cheese:

Yep :D

Massive fan of Goldeney and your map looks amazing :bounce:

Get Chris_D to test it for you. He has a Linux server and you need to make sure it won't crash Linux like some maps do.

This Linux bug is really irritating as the majority of custom maps don't seem to work on linux dedicated servers. Are valve working for a fix for this? - I'm guessing so, any eta on it?

So far my experience is that it has to do with poor placement of ladders.

Not my definition of poor but I guess Linux thinks the placement is poor.

I think that if mappers will just pay special attention to how they place the ladders they shouldn't have any problems.

The ladders are a pain to begin with... The HL1 version of ladders was fine by me, but for some reason they changed the whole way ladders are embedded.

On another note, I am excited to finally reaching end stages of this map... I cant wait to get my first map released. Never released anything int he past so this will be first shot... After this I have some stuff I have started a while back that I want to refine and draw from. Also I have some other GE maps ready to be worked on too... But I am not sure if I want to do somethign orginal or another GE map next.

We will see :)

Jonny Phive said:
The ladders are a pain to begin with... The HL1 version of ladders was fine by me, but for some reason they changed the whole way ladders are embedded.

On another note, I am excited to finally reaching end stages of this map... I cant wait to get my first map released. Never released anything int he past so this will be first shot... After this I have some stuff I have started a while back that I want to refine and draw from. Also I have some other GE maps ready to be worked on too... But I am not sure if I want to do somethign orginal or another GE map next.

We will see :)

Awesome!, good to hear it coming along well.

Well things are coming along.. fixing bugs and getting scale as good as I can make it to be authentic and fun. Working through getting all changes in by Friday evening so I can start testing publicly again.

We have had 4 big beta tests, but alot has changed since last beta... Hopefully not much will need to be added / removed after friday...

We will see.

Oh ya, one of the Insurgency guys contacted me. We will see how that goes. I am excited :) I wonder if I could ever get a map into AG2 as well... Maybe someday!

:)

Jonny Phive said:
Well things are coming along.. fixing bugs and getting scale as good as I can make it to be authentic and fun. Working through getting all changes in by Friday evening so I can start testing publicly again.

We have had 4 big beta tests, but alot has changed since last beta... Hopefully not much will need to be added / removed after friday...

We will see.

Oh ya, one of the Insurgency guys contacted me. We will see how that goes. I am excited :) I wonder if I could ever get a map into AG2 as well... Maybe someday!

*remembers about dm_drift* Damn that dux!

Hope to see some of your own design sometime :)

Probably something to do with the ladders often relying on actual model props rather than normal brushes. But I know little about mapping :p

Anyway, when can I test the map? ;(

Ok I know this is late, and I know you guys will kill me after saying this but this is a suggestion for you johnny. I friggin love the way this map is looking, probably the best map ive seen ever out of CS and DM, but I truthfully must say that it looks pretty tight (literally) but this is judging from like 3 screenshots lol so dont take offense please. I also must say that I dont care how long it takes you but if you map out the WHOLE facility map (past that corridor) i will assure you that this will be the best map out of all of them and that valve will probably offer you a damn job lol. As of now your map is probably the coolest and best looking map so far, however if you just design the whole map you are friggin godlike.

If you cannot design the whole thing due to game restrictions at least design it until the room with all the radioactive trashcans, that room is just begging to get in your map due to how big and open it is and its just friggin cool. You can be creative with the trashcans, and omg omg this map is just looking phenomenal and would just become ****ing god if you made it the whole facility or at least until the trashcan room. You will then have the perfect mix of close range battles in the beginning part and some medium range combat in trashcan room.

If you design the whole thing then you get long range combat in the gas tank room and basically the place where Trevek or whatever his name is gets shot and u blow up all the tanks in. And if you design it up to the airport runway then lets say your hired (by someone of course, insurgency valve, any game company) and you will be praised by all.

As you can tell i think your map is just sooo good and im soo obsessed i just want it to be the best i want it to be the only map i play lol, and if you do what i just listed it would just be soooooo insane!!

Anyone agree?

Also a good idea would be to make the amount u have right now a seperate map for small 6-10 people servers, then another map except the only difference is the added trashcan room 10-22, then the full one, 22 and up lol

Dont worry I was planning on making two versions all along. I just want to make both sides happy:

The anal people who want layout just like orginal.

And people like me who would like more places to go and more things to do.

I had at one point worked on a CS version of this map for CS so many of the places you go in the Single player are already mapped. I just took them out for now to get the orginal version down and refined as good as I could get it.

Some say I should just make one version, but if I make two versions and release it I will then have my second map already out!! Two maps within a couple days! :p

Oh well, we will see. And don't worry, like I said it is being thought through, considered, and most likely done.

:monkee:

hey jonny, any way you could post some new pics to sate us until you finish up?:D

Perhaps. I have somethign goin on right now at our home, but maybe when it is over I can fix some of the issues(Im having horrible time with some of the cubemap placement -- flickering, light changes) and take some shots.

I really really want to show you guys some more shots. Thing is I get addicted to mapping and never get around to playing!! :\ Soon though.

EDIT: I say "soon" aloy dont I? hehe perhaps tonight I can make good on my word. Im like in Valve :p

Played this by myself today (just having a look around and stuff) and this is fantastic. I like the idea of sliding doors too because it kind of dictates the flow of the game and although some REALLY cheap frags will come about from this (if people don't stand back from the doors/move out of the way) I am really liking this map. Unfortunatley I couldn't find a single server running the map. :(

Keep up the good work. Hopefully the big servers will add this to their map cycles.

Hey Munkey. That is someone else's version. :p I dont have doors in mine. With 10 people it would be way too chaotic. Heck it is chaos w/o doors.

wow look! the director of insurgency!! :) Umm, I think Delaz? He didnt say much but Privated Messaged me saying he heard I was interested in joining insurgency. He asked me if I did anything else besides mapping and such. Didnt know if it would go anywhere, hence the "We will see...", but who knows.

Any room for anymore mappers Argyll?

Hi,

Can you send me the latest version via email, i would like to host this map on my server.

Would you mind sending me a link to download the latest version (if works with linux)

Cheers

Jonny Phive said:
EDIT: I say "soon" aloy dont I? hehe perhaps tonight I can make good on my word. Im like in Valve :p

Tonight you say??... So, where is it then?? :(

I so wanna play this map, i'd love to be a tester with you but i'm located in australia anddont think i would ping very good. Anyways, any mor screenies yet :D

Catch

Dont make a valve promise johnny :p

I dont like dm, but i like your map.. so im anticipating it alot.. hope ya get it out soon, or post some more teaser screens :)

Heh the night just began for me. (Just turned six so I am making my way out of the office and coming home). Some shots tonight.

Jonny Phive said:
Heh the night just began for me. (Just turned six so I am making my way out of the office and coming home). Some shots tonight.

Bah! Go out and enjoy your Friday night. :cheers:

You've had 2 hours!! Give us screeeeens Mr. Hickenbottom!!

Awww poo you unpatient person! :p And how the heck do you know my last name :p

Anyways, im working on it and wont goto sleep till I have the shots up!

Who knows when I will go to bed though :naughty:

:monkee:

(i like these faces)

Jonny Phive said:
Anyways, im working on it and wont goto sleep till I have the shots up!

Here's to hoping THIS isnt a Valve promise ;)

Really looking forward to it though!! :D:D

I'll be back :borg: (i know, it's nothing like him.. but close enough)

Catch

Guys I have been working all night trying to fix my problem -- the cubemaps...

Obviously this is a new feature added since HL1, so I really dont understand it yet.

I get alot of flickering and spots where you can see change in floor testures etc.

I am not sure how I am suppose to implement this correctly.

I need help. Its driving me nuts. :sleep:

Has anyone had the same problem and possibly know a fix to the problem? I removed all cubemaps from map and still get the problem.

And ya, I run buildcubemaps after loading the map.

Im stuck. This is last major bug but I have no clue how to fix. :(

Back