Discuss new movie here

Originally posted by barnett
can any1 please tell me how to dload this properly as its jerky as ****
I thought the videos always played from the local drive (at least, they're in my cache). I think it's just the video has a low fps.

Originally posted by -*Mi6*-Mr_Matt
Why a flare gun? Really? Why? Such a cruddy weapon.
The flare gun wasn't used as a weapon, but basically a way to contact/alert the gunship.

WOW sushi u may have somethin there.

maybe gordon and barney went to the prison to save them all (barney said where the prison was and takes gordon there, you save alot well all the prisoners (some will die OBV) and now in town,)

SO PROB TRU!

I mean proof (prison pics)
and
guys in wierd white clothes.

nice one SUSHI!

The movie was nice except for one thing. The flare.

Attachments

• flare.jpg
    flare.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 479
already loads sayin flare LOL. i bet it has been notised by them...ORRRR

can it be a Bink prob? naaa i dunno i think they would of noticed

i mean bink prob as in quality

Originally posted by commando
WOW sushi u may have somethin there.
maybe gordon and barney went to the prison to save them all (barney said where the prison was and takes gordon there, you save alot well all the prisoners (some will die OBV) and now in town,)
SO PROB TRU!
I mean proof (prison pics)
and
guys in wierd white clothes.
nice one SUSHI!

yeh they do sort of look like escaped convicts, not exactly the clothes you see normal police force or swat team wearing.

and yeh screenies of inside a prison have been posted so its possible.

yep prob right :)
nice nice and how cool woud it be if other vid is out tomoz! MAN that would kick ass! cause some say preloading to now! WOW

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
C-17 .. force labor is what it speaks to me.

Identification as forced laborores of City-17 , uniforms. Possibilities.

Thats a really good idea DimirtiPopov. That would make a ton of sence.
Alien take over....kill off as many people as possible...use the rest as slaves for mining.

What the hell is this? Now whenever I try to select the option to automatically update under the HL-2 movies section, it reverts back to the do not update selection. No matter how many times I click it, it keeps going back. Anyone else having this problem with Steam?

Some of the movies I clicked on downloaded so that I could use bink player to make them faster. When I click on the latest movie it loads straight away and play really slow :(

Think about it... Would valve release the game with a box for a flare and say that oh dang we couldn't fix that i guess the source engine sucks...

seriously guys... we see the errors.. we know... you dont have to bash the video because of it... It was an awsome video.. now lets say you saw that video for the first time.. im sure your reaction would be a little diffrent... you'd be more like "oh.. my...****ing god... what year are we in again?"

yea you r soooo right.

ppl are moaning about sooo lil things.

and keep forgetten that the valve ppl said that the 600mb vid is not the final stage, the ppl at valve have most def changed SOOOO MUCH to the game since then, these bink vids are jus HIGHER quality from the 600mb vid..

and when was the 600mb vid out?? like months ago. valve have prob done SOO many changes since then

Anyone notice this little glitch? I know detail levels are different further away but the way it pops in is a bit bad.

Attachments

• lod1.jpg
    lod1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 490
OOOO my ZOMBIE, has now bumped into an ANTLION, this antlion, ate the zombie full, and NOW I HAVE TRANSFORMED INTO THE

"ANTLION"
he he soz i always do this when i change in the forum world! LOL

one thing ive notcied about this movie (even though it runs like shi.t) is that there is blood holes on bodies if you know what i mean?? The citizen bloke that gets gun downed by that flying thing at the end! if you look at the back on him when he gets shot youll see a few shots into his back

Originally posted by 82ross
Anyone notice this little glitch? I know detail levels are different further away but the way it pops in is a bit bad.

damn.. im not buying HL2 now!

I think we will see the final quality of HL2 with the release of the new vids, after the e3 vids. Those should have all the small bugs fixed, and hopefully have AA enabled!

Originally posted by barnett
one thing ive notcied about this movie (even though it runs like shi.t) is that there is blood holes on bodies if you know what i mean?? The citizen bloke that gets gun downed by that flying thing at the end! if you look at the back on him when he gets shot youll see a few shots into his back

Yeah that one got hit hard :(

LOL LOL

man there is bullet holes in his bk cause the bullets can go through the body!!
so there will be a hole infront and bk.

second like i said somewhere else.....the 600mb movie came out months ago. valve have so done alot more since then. the bink vids r jus higher quility of the 600mb movie!!

the lod-ing is really noticeable, why do the simple things lod and at such a small distance

The game looks so incredible in most areas that some of the little problems stand out. Anyone think it looks a little odd when the combine soldier on the tower falls off? He is facing Gordon, then flies sideways like something hit him hard. Kind of the same thing with the soldier that falls down the stairs, it looks a little strange.

yeah.. anyways... anyone notice the ending was a little more diffrent than the E3 vid... at the end it left with the guy shooting at the flying thing. heh, AI was messed around with a lil bit i guess :)

I'm sure valve is working on the LOD thing or has already fixed it.

Originally posted by commando
LOL LOL

man there is bullet holes in his bk cause the bullets can go through the body!!
so there will be a hole infront and bk.

second like i said somewhere else.....the 600mb movie came out months ago. valve have so done alot more since then. the bink vids r jus higher quility of the 600mb movie!!

yea the e3 vids, and the steam vids were made a year ago. So unless your here to complain about the AI, physics, or gameplay STFU. Cause the graphics will be fixed. Dont complain about the graphics.

some of you are a little slow so ill say it again

Don't

I like the way the bullets hit the wall and dust comes out of it. check it when the bullets miss those guards behind that red barrier beasty jobby

Originally posted by CommieX
The game looks so incredible in most areas that some of the little problems stand out. Anyone think it looks a little odd when the combine soldier on the tower falls off? He is facing Gordon, then flies sideways like something hit him hard. Kind of the same thing with the soldier that falls down the stairs, it looks a little strange.

he was not facing gordon...

I didn't read the whole topic, so don't kick me hard if you allready noticed and discused this bug.

http://mcdonalds.nm***/hafalafa/SNAG-89.jpg1.jpg

hmmm this video is one of my favorites, i hope northwood reencodes this to dvx so i can watch.. (56k/no steam/:()

My video isnt running slow. Its running at normal speed. Maybe its just your POS pc.

Originally posted by Loshadka
I didn't read the whole topic, so don't kick me hard if you allready noticed and discused this bug.

http://mcdonalds.nm***/hafalafa/SNAG-89.jpg1.jpg

Wow, thats such ****ing nitpicking, sorry.

i have a great game you can play... Its called Real Life. Try it sometime.

point being... you wanna go make HL2? go on.. lets see you do better. go on..

yeah there are so many positive things to say about half life 2 these little bugs that everyone finds aren't even worth the worry, when im running through the game fighting for my life im not going to be stopping to look for glithes and clipping problems which every game i've ever played has had

Originally posted by Joeyslucky22
he was not facing gordon...
Are you suggesting that he spotted Gordon, shot off the flare, and then just stared off in another direction as Gordon slaughtered his teammates?

Edit: I would gladly buy the game in the condition it was in at e3, I'm just wondering if you guys noticed some of the things I did.

it was so gr8.

Hunter yea so right man :)

and about the ai thing with the man shooting the ship, remember the ai do what they think, so maybe......well maybe they well played it again and he done somethin diff?? naa i dunno. also some of the men look like errm that coloured dude in that comedy show who says "WHAT U TALKING ABOUT" the lil coloured dude. man he is so funny lol charlie brown? arrgh forgot his name

Originally posted by Innervision961
yeah there are so many positive things to say about half life 2 these little bugs that everyone finds aren't even worth the worry, when im running through the game fighting for my life im not going to be stopping to look for glithes and clipping problems which every game i've ever played has had

Yeah, I hate these little bugs that people think are huge.

Nitpicky shit: bullet hole looks the same as this other one
Huge bug: Wall is missing

Back