Ditch The Cheats

Crash Happy said:
Having fun by causing others anguish is an ego thing.

Lousy ego.

I didn't start cheating because I'm a sad loser that felt weak in Counter-Strike.

Oh yeah, and some of you people need to get a grip. Cheating is bad, but you're in no position to make sweeping statements about cheaters being losers or bad people, as if every cheater is some kind of sick piece of scum that likes to cause shit in real life as well.

Get off your high horse.

I dont really care why cheaters do it. And who can "Ignore" a speed hacker who kills your entire team in three seconds?

Cheaters break up good games, and spoil others fun. Sure, you can just go to another server, but that often breaks up a good group or vibe.

CS cheaters suck.

Absinthe said:
Lousy ego.

I didn't start cheating because I'm a sad loser that felt weak in Counter-Strike.

Oh yeah, and some of you people need to get a grip. Cheating is bad, but you're in no position to make sweeping statements about cheaters being losers or bad people, as if every cheater is some kind of sick piece of scum that likes to cause shit in real life as well.

Get off your high horse.

High horse? Buddy, if I'm on a high horse because I tell the truth about you cheaters then I'm not bloody climbing off of it.

Not all assholes cheat, but all cheaters are assholes. Thats a absolute.

Nailbomb said:
First post.

This is the proper way to deal with cheaters. :E

That's the funniest thing i've seen for a while, but shit I really hope those guys were 100% POSITIVE he was cheating!

I have been told that was fake before, but I sure hope its not.

The most cheated in game ever has to be Diablo 2. Probably 4/5 people were running map hack and then some, but it was co-op so it didn't really matter. (1.10 patch fixed that, but I don't play anymore).

I've never played Counter Strike, but I used to cheat in all sorts of games (offline only). Most recently, I had to change some of the code in Far Cry because it was too hard for me (laugh all you want, I'm not good at FPS). Not God mode, just decreased damage. And yes, I went through the code myself. :E

There was one brand of hacker in Diablo 2 which just made me sick. People would make Hardcore characters (ones which, if they die, they're gone) and PK level 90+ hardcore characters. Hours and hours of work flushed by a hacker. Makes you sick.

Think about how Valve feels about that code theft. They didn't lose some hours on a game, some stats... they lost money, and time (probably 3 months or more). For all we know, that code could still be used against them. Havoc was in there.

'Cheating' & 'Hacking' in all its forms is unacceptable.

Diablo 2 was ruined by hackers too, most of the were koreans playing on the us-west server. A annoying side result was american cheaters(and assholes in general) started slinging racist slurs at everyone from korea because so many of them were just on the us-west server to hack. That community started sucking very early on.

DigitalAssassin said:
'Cheating' & 'Hacking' in all its forms is unacceptable.
Ehhh?? You just said you cheated in D2 but it was ok 'cuz its co-op. Cheating is fine as long as its not against another live player. And you seriously do not know what forms "hacking" takes, as there are many harmless forms of hacking that are done purely for educational purposes. For example, theres a book called "Hacking The Xbox" by Andrew Huang. This is an MIT student who reverse engineered the Xbox for his MIT thesus, and with Microsofts (reluctant) approval.

Eon Blue said:
Cheats are only fun when you audience doesn't have the intellect to ignore you.
Take note of that; the simplest way to beat a cheater is to pretend he doesn't exist.

Quoted for emphasis. I always see and hear people whining about cheaters. Just ignore them. Attention is all they seek most of the time.

hacking is the most misused term on the internet today, understand that when we say hackers most of the time we mean malicious hackers.

Diablo2 had the maphack, which was very very minor except when used for pking. The hackers that ruined it were dupers and the assholes who stole accounts.

And cheating in a single player game had nothing to do with anything. Most of those cheats are put in there by the developers anyway.

antimatter said:
Quoted for emphasis. I always see and hear people whining about cheaters. Just ignore them. Attention is all they seek most of the time.

When they speedhack and kill your whole team in 3 seconds every round its kind of hard to ignore.

Homer said:
When they speedhack and kill your whole team in 3 seconds every round its kind of hard to ignore.

What I meant by ignore is not to interact with them directly. As some people noted, they cheat because they enjoy pissing others off. And when you constantly swear at them over voice com and in game chat, they win. Sure, you can report them to the admin but don't tell them that in the game.

antimatter said:
What I meant by ignore is not to interact with them directly. As some people noted, they cheat because they enjoy pissing others off. And when you constantly swear at them over voice com and in game chat, they win. Sure, you can report them to the admin but don't tell them that in the game.
I'm not going to be yelling at this person,. But you cant seriously be suggesting that we sit there and let them knife us until they get bored. So what choice do we have but to leave the server? And I bet emptying servers gives them enough satisfaction to repeat the process.

Cheaters are ****ing bastards, who break up good games. Case closed.

Sometimes I really wish I knew where these guys lived so I could go to their house and take a baseball bat to their computer.

Amen fluke.

"just ignore the bullies and they will leave you alone". I liked my method of hitting the jerk in the head with a brick a lot more. The teachers didn't though.

f|uke said:
Dude,. seriously,. I'm not going to be yelling at this person,. but how the **** am I supposed to 'ignore' that. Are you seriously suggesting that we sit there and let them knife us until they get bored? I dont have time for that shit, thanks. Cheaters are ****ing bastards, and while I'm not one to give them the satisfaction of voicing my displeasure, standing there and taking it doesnt change the fact that they just broke up a good game.

Sometimes I really wish I knew where these guys lived so I could go to their house and take a baseball bat to their computer.

What else can you do besides reporting them to the admin and swearing at them? Of course i'm assuming you aren't an admin yourself. By ignore, I mean don't let it bother you. I've recently developed a "dont give a shit" attitude towards things I cannot change which helps me alot in these kinds of situations. To each his own I guess.

Well, as a admin on the only server I play(played) on I'm rarely stuck sitting there with my dick in my hand, so I dont have to ignore shit. Well, I didnt back when I played. I remember one time during the cs:s beta the server I was a admin for was full. first time in weeks. All the sudden these 2 hackers join up, they are using that stupid earthquake thing and skywalking, and clearly running multiple hacks. Well, in early cs:s beta rcon didnt work so well, and I couldnt get my login to work. Inside of 20 minutes the server was empty, and it has not filled up since(I left some time ago, so I'm not sure how its doing now, but at the time it was dead). This is just one of the many experiences I have had with cheaters that makes me hate their guts.

Nailbomb said:
First post.

holy f--k .......... if i was that dude, i'd sue the pants off the Lantrocity people...... if they even dared and touched my PC (or me for that matter) they would be hearing from my lawyer

cheating is one thing, damaging other peoples property/manhandling them around is arson

LeXo5 said:
cheating is one thing, damaging other peoples property/manhandling them around is arson
Arson has to do with intentional burning of property / environment. And IMO this guy deserved it. Lets hope he signed a waver that released the orginization from any possible damages. After all, they were just giving his computer back to him,. it was gravity that broke it. :D

LeXo5 said:
holy f--k .......... if i was that dude, i'd sue the pants off the Lantrocity people...... if they even dared and touched my PC (or me for that matter) they would be hearing from my lawyer

sounds like a cheater to me! anyone else agree?

remember it's usually thieves who make the most noise when their own shit is stolen

f|uke said:
Arson has to do with intentional burning of property / environment.

i thought i heard somewhere that it can also apply to the intentional damage of property and recklessness with another individuals life..........

EDIT : well the guy who told me that must be full of s--t but he could tag them with vandalism

"willful and malicious destruction of public or private property."

LeXo5 said:
hey i take offense to that! I have NEVER cheater EVER :flame:

apologies if that is the case, I just think that guy got what he deserved if he WAS cheating (although I probably think it was faked)

:cheers:

Absinthe said:
As somebody who cheated for a long time, I can tell you that I didn't do so because of a lousy ego or because I suck. I'm actually somewhat proficient when it comes to CS.

I just did it because I thought it was fun. And I also liked witnessing the anguish I caused others.

How sad...

Maybe CS:S and TF2 (If it still exsists) should have the PunkBuster system that Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory has. If you are caught cheating you get kicked from the game

Interloper said:
You obviously think your a smart guy....sorry gay.(whatever that means)

I seem justified already in my post. Many people seem to think it's acceptable to cheat...well I don't.

Cheating is cheating. No matter how you paint it.

When you cheat, you're a loser.

You are very right, cheaters are usually people who can't be bothered with practicing thier skills....

oldagerocker said:
cheats are only fun in singleplayer and killing scientists :)

lol, killing the scientists are always fun. Cheating is ok in singleplayer as long as you dont use god mode the whole game...

Oxygenetic said:
Interloper, did you register here just to say that and then flame another person? Talk about being lame..."sorry gay".

No i didnt, and no I am not.

Lets stop the silly namecalling, shall we?

ShadowFox said:
Reading this thread, I have lost respect for some of you.

These games aren't made so you can cause anguish for others. They are made for enjoyment. I don't care if it is fun or not, it is unfair to those who want to play honestly.

i have a higher level of respect for u now.
couldn't have put it any better than that really.

Dr. Freeman said:
i have a higher level of respect for u now.
couldn't have put it any better than that really.

Ditto also.

Nailbomb said:
First post.

Lol! see those guys prey on the remains of his PC afterwards :)

And cheating...I cannot possibly imagine anything more ghey.
Play like a wuss, feel like a hero.

You can't stop it but it would sure slow down if real measures were taken. At the moment nothing happens, with punk buster you get kicked. Wow, so harsh.

I know this is going back a few pages but....

Absinthe said:
[it's not]...as if every cheater is some kind of sick piece of scum that likes to cause shit in real life as well.

Why is online gaming not real life? It's a multiplayer game, the people you cause shit for are real people just the same as if you were stood next to them.

Cheating in a single player game is a bit pathetic but harms noone.

Cheating in a multiplayer game ruins the game for others who have as much right to play it and enjoy themselves as anyone else.

Just because they are connected anonymously via the internet doesn't make it any better.

I'm still hoping for the day valve wise up and get VAC to detect lots of different hacks and do then don't ban people. Just store up the steamID's, hardware combo ID's (like punkbuster does) and IP addresses. Get a few months worth and then universally ban all of them across hl2 and css etc.

A couple of well placed legal actions against cheat distributers and a few high profile cheaters such as CAL-i playres might make a bit of publicity too to effect the casual "I was just seeing what it was like" cheaters. And before you say anything valve are within their rights to take any cheater on source to court. You've all agreed to the license agreement.

Interloper said:
I love Half-Life and CS.

I hate cheats.

When I read of all the hacking and cracking that some people do, bearing in mind that it affects what I love and the people that strive to maintain it and improve on it, I get really pissed off.

You only have to read these very forums to see that some people would be quite happy to install a cracked CS source or HL2 game....if they thought they would get away with it. And maybe they will, for now.

Some of them think it's smart to play online with a "little help".

Cmon, what's the point.

I think cheats are in the minority and are either too stupid, too skint or too ego driven to play fairly, but tbh thats no excuse.

Maybe we have to find some way of working together. ( The ones that pay, I mean )

It's not even expensive is it?

There must be some way of eradicating this through the Steam vehicle, surely.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, I hate cheats...all kinds.

And yes, the [Return] key is my favourite.

I don't cheat when it comes to FPS since I was twelve years old, its just down right lazy, and your not using your wits and cunning if you did that. Half-Life was the first FPS since Duke Nukem 3d that I played, and the first FPS that I didn't cheat on.

I do however try to crack the .txt files in RTS games though, you know just to make much more fast paced.

One example, Legions of Iron is slow in the department of action RTS, however crack the file, you have faster refire rates of ship weapons, larger squadrons, etc. I would never do anything to effect the difficulty of the game, just make it more visually impressive.

Ive cheated before, but I only cheat agaisnt otehr cheaters. Kind of "who has the best cheats" type thing. Quite fun humiliating people with crap hacks. No innocents hurt.

mattgirv said:

Regardless if it is fake or not, that isn't the point. The point is that cheaters get what they deserve and I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing if I found one at a local LAN or tourny. Instead of throwing the computer on the ground, I would throw it AT him too.

And I still don't see how anyone can rightfully justify cheating. If you find it amusing to cheat and be "l33t", you have some serious growing up to do.

Cheaters are losers no matter the reason. End of story.

Homer said:
High horse? Buddy, if I'm on a high horse because I tell the truth about you cheaters then I'm not bloody climbing off of it.

Yeah, and what would the truth be? Cheaters are sick and demented losers that always depend on illegal/immoral routes throughout their lives? That's bull, and you know it.

MoJo|Night said:
Why is online gaming not real life? It's a multiplayer game, the people you cause shit for are real people just the same as if you were stood next to them.

Cheating in a single player game is a bit pathetic but harms noone.

Cheating in a multiplayer game ruins the game for others who have as much right to play it and enjoy themselves as anyone else.

Games aren't real life.

I'm not denying that cheating is wrong. But, if you ask me, it's the equivalent of making fun of fat kids on the playground. It's an asshole thing to do, but most of these people can be fine otherwise and can actually grow into decent productive members of society.

But, of course, people need to treat cheaters as if they're the bane of the universe. I guess I'm not too surprised, seeing as how this is a game forum. But it's a stupid and ignorant overreaction no matter how you look at it. I've actually encountered people that considered Osama bin Laden to be better than cheaters, and the reasoning went something along the lines of this:

-Osama at least believed that what he was doing was right. He is twisted.

-Cheaters, however, are fully aware of their wrongdoings and enjoy ruining games. Therefore, they are evil.

Do you see something wrong with that?

As I said before. Fat kids. Playground. It's the same damn shit.

Back