Ditch The Cheats

Basically, people who cheat regulary are scum. People who only cheat sometimes are part time scum.

Absinthe said:
Aww... Are you back just so you can be cheeky to big loud Absinthe?

Wow...that's mature.

Absinthe said:
Good for you. You've certainly earned my applause. Unforunately, I don't feel the same way as you do.

Having a decent amount of morality and conscience means being able to admit you are wrong. Even if what you were saying wasn't entirely wrong, the way you went about it certainly was. I feel that this sarcasm is quite sickening and that you seriously need to grow up. This is also backing up my judgement about your character.

Absinthe said:
Stop it. Your "maturity" bit ran stale some time ago, seeing as how you aren't exactly a role model for it either.

Now who's wrongly judging character? I believe that out of the two of us, you are certainly the less mature, and from what you've shown, the less intelligent.

Absinthe said:
And, for the last time...

If you insist on telling me time and time again how wrong I am, then take some effort and explain HOW. Otherwise, piss off.

I will piss off actually. Not because you've told me to, but because I feel this is probably the sensible thing to do. From what you've shown, you are a selfish, uncaring person with very little maturity. I don't really want to have to continue this any longer. I can see where my faults were in what I said, but I can see where I was also right. You apparently don't have this ability, which is a shame. I can walk away from this knowing what I did wrong and what I did right. You'll walk away from this not giving my, or anyone else's, point a view a second thought. You won't learn anything like that. Grow up.

Will you people stop flaming eachother? This is not a difficult debate to resolve, this is not a logical discussion of the Proletariat, this is a simple issue of right vs wrong.

Cheating is something only an asshole would do.

If you do it then you are a bad person.

If you do it and you think your not a bad person, then you are a stupid bad person.

[sl@yer] said:
Wow...that's mature.

But it's exactly what you were doing. Being cheeky. What's so immature about pointing out the obvious.

Having a decent amount of morality and conscience means being able to admit you are wrong.

What the flying shit? That has nothing to do with morality. What are you talking about?

Even if what you were saying wasn't entirely wrong, the way you went about it certainly was. I feel that this sarcasm is quite sickening and that you seriously need to grow up. This is also backing up my judgement about your character.

Good for you. I expect a write-up of my character tomorrow at 9 sharp.

Now who's wrongly judging character? I believe that out of the two of us, you are certainly the less mature, and from what you've shown, the less intelligent.

This means a lot coming from a person that consistently failed to explain how exactly I was wrong. And since you have utterly failed at doing so, I am now all the more convinced that I am right.

I will piss off actually...

Bingo.

Didn't need to read the rest. Ciao.

Homer said:

And this is where I completely disagree with you.

Being bad and being a cheater are not mutually exclusive, but they also aren't one in the same.

Homer said:
Will you people stop flaming eachother? This is not a difficult debate to resolve, this is not a logical discussion of the Proletariat, this is a simple issue of right vs wrong.

Cheating is something only an asshole would do.

If you do it and you think your not a bad person, then you are a stupid bad person.

Quoted for emphasis.
I'm not even going to bother replying directly to Absinthe's post above. He is obviously unwilling to see sense...and is quite simply...an ignorant, immature person. He apparently doesn't know what morality even MEANS (!).....and can't seem to see where he is wrong, let alone admit it. I apologise to the rest of you for this arguement and the tiresome flaming.

Absinthe said:
And this is where I completely disagree with you.

Being bad and being a cheater are not mutually exclusive, but they also aren't one in the same.

Sorry, no.

Imagine 2 circles, one larger than the other. The smaller circle is completely within the larger, and bares the label "Cheaters". The larger circle in turn is labeled "assholes". This may be a easy way to visualize how this works.

All cheaters are assholes, bad people, pricks, scum, whatever you want to call them.

Not all of the bad people who play games may cheat, but that does not change the fact that to cheat you have to first be a bad person.

[sl@yer] said:
Quoted for emphasis.
I'm not even going to bother replying directly to Absinthe's post above.

Oh Jesus. If you're going to talk about me in this topic, knowing full well that I'm going to read it, then at least have a pair and talk to me.

He is obviously unwilling to see sense...and is quite simply...an ignorant, immature person....who apparently doesn't know what morality even MEANS (!)

I know that morality does not mean being able to admit that you're wrong. Perhaps in some wierd offshoot, but it most certainly is not what's referred to when somebody uses the word.

.....and who can't even see where he is wrong, let alone admit it. I apologise to the rest of you for this arguement and the tiresome flaming.

I can't see where I'm wrong because you apparently can't be bothered to take your sweet time and actually show me where I'm wrong. It's as if you expect me to do all your work and, in essence, debate myself.

Homer said:
Sorry, no.

Imagine 2 circles, one larger than the other. The smaller circle is completely within the larger, and bares the label "Cheaters". The larger circle in turn is labeled "assholes". This may be a easy way to visualize how this works.

All cheaters are assholes, bad people, pricks, scum, whatever you want to call them.

Not all of the bad people who play games may cheat, but that does not change the fact that to cheat you have to first be a bad person.

Again, I have to disagree. Just because cheating itself is bad doesn't mean that the cheater himself is a bad person.

A rapist that sits down and cheats at an online game is what I would consider a bad person.

An outgoing, friendly person that's supportive to his friends/family that sits down and cheats at an online game is NOT what I would consider a bad person.

You can say they're acting like jerks, or they're occupying their time with stupid shit. But calling them a bad person over one tiny and insignificant aspect of their life is, as I've said, demonizing the guy.

Absinthe said:
Oh Jesus. If you're going to talk about me in this topic, knowing full well that I'm going to read it, then at least have a pair and talk to me.

He is obviously unwilling to see sense...and is quite simply...an ignorant, immature person....who apparently doesn't know what morality even MEANS (!)

I know that morality does not mean being able to admit that you're wrong. Perhaps in some wierd offshoot, but it most certainly is not what's referred to when somebody uses the word.

I can't see where I'm wrong because you apparently can't be bothered to take your sweet time and actually show me where I'm wrong. It's as if you expect me to do all your work and, in essence, debate myself.

I showed you where you were wrong already. On top of the entire idea of cheating being a very simple instance of something that is wrong from the start, I would like to point out that you are violating the EULA when you run these programs. When you cheat you are ruining the experience for others and violating a legally binding agreement with valve. Yea, I would say thats wrong.

*edit* had to fix some of your formatting there big guy.

Absinthe said:
Again, I have to disagree. Just because cheating itself is bad doesn't mean that the cheater himself is a bad person.

A rapist that sits down and cheats at an online game is what I would consider a bad person.

An outgoing, friendly person that's supportive to his friends/family that sits down and cheats at an online game is NOT what I would consider a bad person.

You can say they're acting like jerks, or they're occupying their time with stupid shit. But calling them a bad person over one tiny and insignificant aspect of their life is, as I've said, demonizing the guy.

The flaw here? A outgoing friendly person that's supportive of his friends and family would not cheat.

Homer said:
I showed you where you were wrong already. On top of the entire idea of cheating being a very simple instance of something that is wrong from the start,

No, you have not shown that I'm wrong. At least not yet.

I would like to point out that you are violating the EULA when you run these programs. When you cheat you are ruining the experience for others and violating a legally binding agreement with valve. Yea, I would say thats wrong.

So now it's a legal issue? Are potheads bad people as well?

Oh sorry Absinthe.....I thought you'd gone. the "Ciao" implied you were leaving....my mistake.

Definition of morality: "that which renders an action right or wrong". Fair enough, perhaps it is an offshoot, but it applies nonetheless. Would "common decency" or "respect" fit better?....not that you've shown either of these.

For your information Absinthe, you don't win an arguement by insulting, flaming or carelessly trying to piss off your opponent. You win it by being confident about your point of view, and by staying calm. As you haven't been able to calmly explain your arguement...and have remained sarcastic, pedantic and uncaring, I would assume that it is your intention to lose. You have told me several times to tell you where you were wrong. Instead, why don't you explain to everyone else where you are right.

This thread is going nowhere. It is getting sad. I'm not going to bother contributing anymore, as it's clear that I'd be wasting my time. I know what is right and wrong...and I know where I am right.

Homer said:
The flaw here? A outgoing friendly person that's supportive of his friends and family would not cheat.

I know two.

This is gonna sound cliched...

Homer, you need to realize that people are not separated by black and white colors and there are actually gray areas. It is rarely possible to identify people purely as "good" and "bad".

I don't get how an entire life of good can suddenly be made invalid by the occassional minor bad.

Absinthe said:
No, you have not shown that I'm wrong. At least not yet.

If you cant see that cheating is wrong right out of the gate, your moral system has some serious bugs in it. Its cheating. How complex is that?

If you get your kicks by ruining other peoples fun you are a bad person. You are no different than 3rd grader who steals the kindergardeners ball just to watch them cry.

So now it's a legal issue? Are potheads bad people as well?

Smoking pot doesnt cause others pain, or ruin others fun. The only people potheads(who dont drive, dont have dependants, and dont have obligations) hurt is themselves. This distinction is not a difficult one, and its not at all hard for most people to make.

[sl@yer] said:
Definition of morality: "that which renders an action right or wrong". Fair enough, perhaps it is an offshoot, but it applies nonetheless. Would "common decency" or "respect" fit better?....not that you've shown either of these.

You're no angel yourself.

You have told me several times to tell you where you were wrong. Instead, why don't you explain to everyone else where you are right.

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah... Jeez, and you thought I was avoiding the argument? I've been arguing my point for this entire topic so far, so why don't you stop dancing around the issue and, for once, tell me how I'm wrong instead of being avoidant.

This thread is going nowhere. It is getting sad. I'm not going to bother contributing anymore, as it's clear that I'd be wasting my time. I know what is right and wrong...and I know where I am right.

Is this... what, the third time you've backed out of this topic? Only to come back in again? Fine, be my guest.

habitual cheaters are people with small dicks and who've never been laid...
it's ultimately a power move, a sign of machismo if that makes sense...like the moron driving the camero or IROC who's balding and wants attention by driving a muscle car...

Absinthe said:
I know two.

This is gonna sound cliched...

Homer, you need to realize that people are not separated by black and white colors and there are actually gray areas. It is rarely possible to identify people purely as "good" and "bad".

I don't get how an entire life of good can suddenly be made invalid by the occassional minor bad.

You know two bad people. And I'm guessing one of them is you from how viamently you are defending this ridiculous notion that cheaters are good people.

I smoke cigarettes. That is a bad thing that I do. But when I'm surrounded by kids I put out my cig, regardless of how many I have left or any of that selfish crap. Thus I do a bad thing, but I am not a bad person.

Lets say John Doe also smokes. One day Mr. Doe attends a church picnic, where there are children playing and two pregnant women enjoying some iced tea. Old John stands next to them and smokes away, when he is asked to put out his cig he refuses, saying "This is my first smoke all day, and its the last one in my pack. I aint putting it out". Well, our friend Mr. Doe is a Jerk.

I hope this is simple enough, if its not, try replacing the name John Doe with Billy the Bunny. Maybe you will be able to grasp that.

I was on a server where this one ass was speed-hacking. So we all just waited at the spawn next round and lit him up when he came in. He knifed a couple people, but we got rid of him and then continued to play the rest of the round.

Nice fight you kids are having, feel any better yet? :rolleyes:

Homer said:
If you cant see that cheating is wrong right out of the gate, your moral system has some serious bugs in it. Its cheating. How complex is that?

You people have some impressive selective filtering. You only seem to take in the information that, by itself, makes me look like a villain.

I have stated repeatedly that cheating is wrong.

If you get your kicks by ruining other peoples fun you are a bad person. You are no different than 3rd grader who steals the kindergardeners ball just to watch them cry.

Does this mean that 3rd graders are bad people?

In all seriousness though, the damage done in online cheating is absolutely zilch. There is no intimacy. There is no physicality. Your good time is ruined, and so what? I don't see how something this trivial can be enough to categorize somebody with such negativity.

Smoking pot doesnt cause others pain, or ruin others fun. The only people potheads(who dont drive, dont have dependants, and dont have obligations) hurt is themselves. This distinction is not a difficult one, and its not at all hard for most people to make.

I only brought it up because you seemed to make a big issue out of the EULA. I'm aware of the difference between the two.

I dont need to hack, i enjoy being crap at CS lol :D

No but actually i'm serious, i dont know how other people feel, but i dont mind being crap at all. I still enjoy myself and get a few satisfying kills which is good enough for me. Its not like getting a good score in CS will get me laid or anything.

As for others cheating i dont really care, no amount of arguing for or against it will stop it happening, so i wont get worried about it. Thats Valves job.

Homer said:
You know two bad people. And I'm guessing one of them is you from how viamently you are defending this ridiculous notion that cheaters are good people.

While I would consider myself outgoing/supportive/blahblahblah to some degree, I'm not who I had in my mind.

And again, we have this issue with you judging people you don't even know. The sort of narrow-mindedness you're displaying is quite frightening actually.

I smoke cigarettes. That is a bad thing that I do. But when I'm surrounded by kids I put out my cig, regardless of how many I have left or any of that selfish crap. Thus I do a bad thing, but I am not a bad person.

Lets say John Doe also smokes. One day Mr. Doe attends a church picnic, where there are children playing and two pregnant women enjoying some iced tea. Old John stands next to them and smokes away, when he is asked to put out his cig he refuses, saying "This is my first smoke all day, and its the last one in my pack. I aint putting it out". Well, our friend Mr. Doe is a Jerk.

Difference: The cigarette smoke is actually harmful to the children.

I hope this is simple enough, if its not, try replacing the name John Doe with Billy the Bunny. Maybe you will be able to grasp that.

If this was some sort of attempt at mocking me... Well, it sucked.

Absinthe said:
In all seriousness though, the damage done in online cheating is absolutely zilch. There is no intimacy. There is no physicality. Your good time is ruined, and so what? I don't see how something this trivial can be enough to categorize somebody with such negativity.

Wrong. The damage done by cheating is, as stated time and time again, ruing others fun. I honestly can not imagine how you have a hard time with this. Apparently the nural receptors in your brain that should be recieveing the electronic impulses that would indicate to you that behaving like an asshole makes you an asshole dont work so good. So I'll take another crack at it.

CHEATING BAAAD.

Or maybe this:

Cheaters == Bad people

Or try this on for size:

If you cheat, you are a bad person.

Absinthe said:
While I would consider myself outgoing/supportive/blahblahblah to some degree, I'm not who I had in my mind.

And again, we have this issue with you judging people you don't even know. The sort of narrow-mindedness you're displaying is quite frightening actually.

Difference: The cigarette smoke is actually harmful to the children.

If this was some sort of attempt at mocking me... Well, it sucked.

I found it quite effective, but that is besides the point.

I know you well enough to judge you, your personality is transparent on a level you can't even imagine, because if you could you wouldn't behave like you do. The people on the very lowest rung of humanity are those who enjoy causing others pain. Even if it is just ruining other people's fun in an online game, its the same thought pattern that leads them to act like they do. You my friend, are near the top of the very bottom of mankind.

Homer said:
Wrong. The damage done by cheating is, as stated time and time again, ruing others fun.

Which really isn't that big a deal since it's just a form of entertainment and what it takes to remedy the situation is simple.

I honestly can not imagine how you have a hard time with this. Apparently the nural receptors in your brain that should be recieveing the electronic impulses that would indicate to you that behaving like an asshole makes you an asshole dont work so good. So I'll take another crack at it.

I've seen some of the smartest people I know behave like absolute idiots. But I know they aren't.

And it takes a lot more than ONE instance of cheating for me to label somebody a bad person, giving COMPLETE disregard to the rest of their personality and life.

If you follow your reasoning, where a cheater is just a bad person, then you could also just say that a jaywalker is a proper criminal.

CHEATING BAAAD.

HELLO HOMER I THINK WE COVERED THIS ONE ALREADY. HOW ABOUT ACTUALLY READING WHAT I'M SAYING. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Absinthe said:

It breeds contempt. Contempt for you, people LIKE you, and causes arguments exactly like this, which are, in fact, damaging. Not in a 'brick in the face' way, but heated and confrontational nevertheless. Again, is that simple enough for you to understand or am I just trying to explain the colour BLUE here?

You're by no means the only cheat on these forums, but as you're willing to be the scapegoat, you're gonna get crucified. I would suggest backing down before you lock a perfectly valid and justifiable thread with your obtuseness.

As an alternative method of proving your point, how about facing me on a jolt CoD server of your choice, anytime you like. Even if I lost against your girly hacks I would take you down a fair few times first and be happy with that...

But losing is unlikely. :dozey:

(8=# X SHIVER me timbers

Absinthe said:
Which really isn't that big a deal since it's just a form of entertainment and what it takes to remedy the situation is simple.

I've seen some of the smartest people I know behave like absolute idiots. But I know they aren't.

And it takes a lot more than ONE instance of cheating for me to label somebody a bad person, giving COMPLETE disregard to the rest of their personality and life.

If you follow your reasoning, where a cheater is just a bad person, then you could also just say that a jaywalker is a proper criminal.

HELLO HOMER I THINK WE COVERED THIS ONE ALREADY. HOW ABOUT ACTUALLY READING WHAT I'M SAYING. :D:D:D:D:D:D

How about you read what you are saying? You think ruining others fun is just fine. I dont think anymore needs to be said.

*edit* Oh, and:
A jaywalker is not a bad person or common criminal because, as I already described in relation to your pot comment, they dont do it just to be jackasses. Its nearly a neutral action.

Homer said:
Some stuff.

I could do without the your judgment of character, seeing as how you not only don't know me, but your entire basis for it is cold text that, while expressing a few thoughts/opinions and a writing style, could never give give you a deeper insight into me. That is unless I were to write myself out for you, but I'm not going to do that any time soon.

But hey, go ahead and convince yourself that you know my ins and outs, my behavior, my mentality, and my mannerisms. I'm actually kind of intrigued as to where your amateur assessment of me will lead.

Absinthe said:
I could do without the your judgment of character, seeing as how you not only don't know me, but your entire basis for it is cold text that, while expressing a few thoughts/opinions and a writing style, could never give give you a deeper insight into me. That is unless I were to write myself out for you, but I'm not going to do that any time soon.

But hey, go ahead and convince yourself that you know my ins and outs, my behavior, my mentality, and my mannerisms. I'm actually kind of intrigued as to where your amateur assessment of me will lead.

Dismissive AND an asshole. nice.

I already won this debate buddy, all you are doing now is giving me chances to snipe at your personality. You should do yourself a favor and go cheat in some online game, because all that this conversation will do is make you feel like shit.

CR0M said:
It breeds contempt. Contempt for you, people LIKE you, and causes arguments exactly like this, which are, in fact, damaging. Not in a 'brick in the face' way, but heated and confrontational nevertheless. Again, is that simple enough for you to understand or am I just trying to explain the colour BLUE here?

I don't see anything lasting being produced from it. I see it as something that, while anger-inducing for the time being, can be remedied by a change of server and will be probably be forgotten by the next day.

I'm sorry, but "breeding contempt" with a few cheat rounds isn't going to convince me that somebody is a bad person.

You're by no means the only cheat on these forums, but as you're willing to be the scapegoat, you're gonna get crucified. I would suggest backing down before you lock a perfectly valid and justifiable thread with your obtuseness.

As an alternative method of proving your point, how about facing me on a jolt CoD server of your choice, anytime you like. Even if I lost against your girly hacks I would take you down a fair few times first and be happy with that...

But losing is unlikely. :dozey:

(8=# X SHIVER me timbers

You know what's funny? I don't cheat.

But if it makes you feel any better, you sounded really masculine and tough right then.

Homer said:
Dismissive AND an asshole. nice.

Well, I don't exactly have much of a choice when you've got that drivel pouring from your mouth. :)

I already won this debate buddy, all you are doing now is giving me chances to snipe at your personality. You should do yourself a favor and go cheat in some online game, because all that this conversation will do is make you feel like shit.

Man, this is great. It's simultaneously comical and sad when a person reaches the point where he stomps his foot down and prematurely declares himself the winner. Come on, champ! Settle this up nice and good.

Absinthe said:
Well, I don't exactly have much of a choice when you've got that drivel pouring from your mouth. :)

Man, it's great when it gets to this part. It's simultaneously comical and sad when a person reaches the point where he stomps his foot down and prematurely declares himself the winner. Come on, champ! Settle this up nice and good.

Well, if you want I can recap what has been established.

You: Think its ok to ruin other peoples fun for your own amusement.

I: Don't think its ok.

Want to take a poll on who won?

Homer said:
Well, if you want I can recap what has been established.

You: Think its ok to ruin other peoples fun for your own amusement.

I: Dont think its ok.

Well, I didn't say that, but since you seem to purposefully misread what I say, I guess there's no point in telling you otherwise, now is there?

Want to take a poll on who won?

Oh, hell no. I'm fully aware that I've taken the far less popular stance on this issue, so I know full well that you'd win. I'm probably far less of an endearing forumer as well, so I'd probably get some people to vote for you just to spite me.

Any way, a poll isn't going to change my opinion on this matter. But if you want to turn this into a popularity contest, go ahead and be a drama queen.

So much for debating if the key to winning is a vote from the large (but often stupid) masses.

Absinthe said:
You know what's funny? I don't cheat.

But if it makes you feel any better, you sounded really masculine and tough right then.

I'll take that as a 'No thanks, i'm actually just piss n wind' then.

Absinthe said:
Well, I didn't say that, but since you seem to purposefully misread what I say, I guess there's no point in telling you otherwise, now is there?

Absinthe said:
In all seriousness though, the damage done in online cheating is absolutely zilch. There is no intimacy. There is no physicality. Your good time is ruined, and so what?

Wait, what?

CR0M said:
I'll take that as a 'No thanks, i'm actually just piss n wind' then.

Well yeah. Because your entire challenge was built on you showing that you could kick a cheater's ass, and it's no longer really valid if I don't cheat, now is it?

Plus, I've got far more important things to do than prove myself to you over something that goes down in this damn forum. Like playing Minesweeper.

Absinthe said:
Your good time is ruined, and so what?

you are being selfish and discourteous ... thats all there is to it , absinthe :hmph:

Back