Ditch The Cheats

Right. The best thing we can do is ignore them.

I don't know why, but SOME PEOPLE don't understand that.

I personally think that cheating is a very miniscule problem.
I haven't encountered a game-ruining cheater in about 4 MONTHS.

I don't know what kind of jerk-wad server HOMER is playing on..
Do you have your filter setting to only show secure servers?

I havn't encounterd a cheater in 3 or 4 months either, but I think thats mostly because I quit playing.
I dont know what sort of magical fairy server you play on, but ever since the origonal ogc hit I've seen no less than 1 cheater a session, usually 2 or 3.

And yes, doing bad things does make you a bad person.

vegeta897 said:
Right. The best thing we can do is ignore them.

I don't know why, but SOME PEOPLE don't understand that.

I personally think that cheating is a very miniscule problem.
I haven't encountered a game-ruining cheater in about 4 MONTHS.

I don't know what kind of jerk-wad server HOMER is playing on..
Do you have your filter setting to only show secure servers?

Hmmm , think of the people who are coming into CS and Steam.

There's a lot of newbies out there.

Some young and some old.

Mostly not technically too proficient.

As I said.

Lets Keep It Simple.

And Honest

What's the point of using a cracked or whatever copy of the game ?
It's so good VALVe deserve a reward : and that reward is YOU buying it, buying the game.
So think about it:
-> you like it, you buy it. <-

g3n3tiX said:
What's the point of using a cracked or whatever copy of the game ?
It's so good VALVe deserve a reward : and that reward is YOU buying it, buying the game.
So think about it:
-> you like it, you buy it. <-

Please don't do the list my specs thing.

What is it with that.

Homer said:
And yes, doing bad things does make you a bad person.
Utter bullsh!t.

You haven't said ANYTHING to back that statement up!

WE on the other end have!

Who do you expect to believe?

You are basically saying that it is impossible to find a person that is nice, and doesn't commit any real life crimes, but cheats in a video game.

Which is complete BS.

Just give up.

vegeta897 said:
Utter bullsh!t.

You haven't said ANYTHING to back that statement up!

WE on the other end have!

Who do you expect to believe?

You are basically saying that it is impossible to find a person that is nice, and doesn't commit any real life crimes, but cheats in a video game.

Which is complete BS.

Just give up.

How do you define a bad person then?

I believe we are defined by our actions, and as unpleasant as it may seem to people like you, people who do bad things for the most part are bad people. And nobody ever put a gun to anyones head and told them to go ruin a online community.

Cheating in a online game is a complete and utter asshole thing to do. A person who would enjoy ruing a game for others is a bad person.

I don't know how else to describe this to you.

I guess if your moral system is so ****ed up that you believe a person can take joy from the pain of others that they cause directly and still be a good person then we have nothing more to say.

Homer said:
How do you define a bad person then?
I really don't believe in such things as "bad people"
Homer said:
I believe we are defined by our actions, and as unpleasant as it may seem to people like you, people who do bad things for the most part are bad people.
RIGHT THERE.
You said FOR THE MOST PART.
Meaning if cheating is the only bad thing the person does, then he is not bad! Because cheating is not "most" of his/her actions!

Ha! I win!

vegeta897 said:
I really don't believe in such things as "bad people"
RIGHT THERE.
You said FOR THE MOST PART.
Meaning if cheating is the only bad thing the person does, then he is not bad! Because cheating is not "most" of his/her actions!

Ha! I win!

I said "for the most part" because there are people who are in a situation where doing something that under normal circumstances would be wrong may be necessary. like people who have to steal to eat. Stealing is bad, but sometimes people just have to.

Cheaters in online games have no excuse.

And yes, there are Bad People. They are the people who take joy in the misery of others.

Homer said:
I said "for the most part" because there are people who are in a situation where doing something that under normal circumstances would be wrong may be necessary. like people who have to steal to eat. Stealing is bad, but sometimes people just have to.

Cheaters in online games have no excuse.

And yes, there are Bad People. They are the people who take joy in the misery of others.
Ok, that first part of your post. You turned what you said into something COMPLETELY different.

I don't believe in bad people because it is not their fault. It all depends on how they are raised, or what they have been exposed to, or what mental disorders they have.

Stop being so judgemental. Learn to respect other people.

vegeta897 said:
Ok, that first part of your post. You turned what you said into something COMPLETELY different.

I don't believe in bad people because it is not their fault. It all depends on how they are raised, or what they have been exposed to, or what mental disorders they have.

Stop being so judgemental. Learn to respect other people.

I have no respect for someone who enjoys causing pain in other people.

I do believe that it is most likely their parents fault for not teaching them right from wrong, after all, we are all products of our enviroments. But it doesn't matter how they got that way, because its all the same on the other end of it.

Homer said:
I have no respect for someone who enjoys causing pain in other people.

I do believe that it is most likely their parents fault for not teaching them right from wrong, after all, we are all products of our enviroments. But it doesn't matter how they got that way, because its all the same on the other end of it.
Ok? Thankyou for stating the obvious...

What does this have to do with your argument? I am still waiting for you to back it up..

vegeta897 said:
Ok? Thankyou for stating the obvious...

What does this have to do with your argument? I am still waiting for you to back it up..

Cheaters do it because the enjoy watching others react to it. They enjoy causing anguish. Thats what it has to do with my argument.

Homer said:
Cheaters do it because the enjoy watching others react to it. They enjoy causing anguish. Thats what it has to do with my argument.
Your argument is that all cheaters are bad people.

Enjoying the pain of others does not necessarily make you bad.

And such pain! It's not like they are going to kill themselves because of it! FFS!

And you are still wrong, because not ALL cheaters do it to enjoy other's pain. Some just do it because they suck, and want to look better.

vegeta897 said:
Enjoying the pain of others does not necessarily make you bad.
I'm just gunna have to strait up dissagree with you on this point. It very clearly makes you bad

vegeta897 said:
And such pain! It's not like they are going to kill themselves because of it! FFS!
it is true that there are worse things, but the core reason they do it is still the same.

vegeta897 said:
And you are still wrong, because not ALL cheaters do it to enjoy other's pain. Some just do it because they suck, and want to look better.

There is that rare cheater who nobody knows is a cheater. This is a case where a person cheats less because they are a bad person, and more because they feel inadequit. But, they are still cheating in a online game, and they are still causing anguish. Their actions are still the same, and it does not matter on the other end.

I dont cheat on nultiplayer but i need my cheats for half life or else i wud have never beat the game

Wesisapie said:
god who cares, continue this 2 way conversation on msn.
This is also a forum, a place for discussion.

If you don't like that, well, :p

I'm sure this has been said but:

Who ever cheats in a game because they can't win needs to be shot.

In real life. Let's see you cheat against my 12 gauge shotgun blast. Biotch.

Cheating in MP games is for retards and will always be.

Kongo said:
Cheating in MP games is for retards and will always be.

Just when I thought we were rid of this thread...
Look, I think enough has been said regarding cheating. Think what you want to think...let's not carry this on any longer. If a thread dissappears from the first page, it's best not to bring it back without good reason.

when I used to cheat, I would start half-life and finish it in one day.

then I realized how much that sucked.

cheat codes = crack for your computer game

[sl@yer] said:
Just when I thought we were rid of this thread...
Look, I think enough has been said regarding cheating. Think what you want to think...let's not carry this on any longer. If a thread dissappears from the first page, it's best not to bring it back without good reason.
Oh gee, a whole MINUTE after the last poster! :rolleyes:

Wow 21 pages, too much to read.

That video of Lantrocity was staged. When they take him out the door you can clearly hear "Yo wait for the camera" and the cheater almost had a grin on his face.... Plus I'm sure he would take more than the case.

But w/e cheaters get what they give... anguish.....

Back