Dragon Age 2

UK PC Gamer gave the game 94%

Yeah. Details:
The best RPG combat ever. Not gaming's best story, but maybe it's best storytelling. Darker, sexier, better

OK looking over the review and trying to pick out some points.

Dragon age 2 does it right, It's still an RPG epic, it still takes upwards of 50 hours to finish, it's still got a deep complex combat system and it's still got a well-defined supporting cast
- He praises the frame narrative and mentions this is part of the reason the game hangs together so well.

- Praises the Hawke Character (played as a male), says he comes across as awesome most of the time.

- Mentions the wheel, only very occasionally did he feel neutered by his choice, on the whole he praises it.

- He has a lot of praise for the game and the serious moral choices you have to make and how having the 10 year arc means your actions might have some very real consequences down the line, this adds to the burden of the choices you make, decisions might come back to bite you on the ass. Mentions wronged people might not even target you but your family etc
Dragon age 2's story is driven by these moments of tension and forced choice. They always feel organic and truly contextual
- Felt a little let down at first by lack of escape from the city but in the end found benefits to knowing the city backwards, allowed him to get a complete grasp on the games "complicated political system"

- Most impressive attempt he has seen at making player choices in a game mean something.

-Romantic options unconstrained, you meet a party member chances are you can "bone" them. his words not mine. Your siblings being the obvious exceptions.

- Incidental conversations are splendid, ruder, funnier and just plain better than Origins.

- Most of the companions are excellent, Bethany being the only dud as she lacks in personality

- Combat is rapid and satisfying but more intricate than Origins.

- Party members abilities a lot of fun, found himself rotating his party a lot.

- Basically says the game is not what you expect, didn't expect it to be as much of a tradition sequel as it is but by having Bioware lock down the context (the world and the politics) they were free to fill their creation with more character and vitality than any title in recent memory.

That's basically the jist of it, doesn't mention graphics at all or importing your save. He does at one point mention equipping Aveline with the best armour, I figured he meant rings and whatnot. Hopefully that was OK to post.

The best RPG combat ever. Not gaming's best story, but maybe it's best storytelling. Darker, sexier, better

Yeah I've always thought the first game was not sexy enough what the **** right??

Dragon age 2's story is driven by these moments of tension and forced choice. They always feel organic and truly contextual

Yes I can only imagine the truly wonderful moments of choice.

GOOD/NASTY/BADASS

Make your choice.

Change the world.

-Romantic options unconstrained, you meet a party member chances are you can "bone" them. Review words not mine. Your siblings being the obvious exception

One of the essential features. BONE ANYONE. Man, woman, elf, dwarf, lizard men (there better be lizard men :|). Does not matter. BONE ANYONE.

Don't know about you guys but that's all I ever wanted.

A+ 94/100 BUY NOW

Wow, that article screams of payoff/fanboyism. I really hate saying that when it comes to shit like that, but holy crap.

Yeah it does sound strange, so time to wait for more reviews to come in.

my biggest concern is the new combat, but it sounds pretty positive so far
all I need is the demo.

They are releasing a demo, which gives me confidence that the game will be pretty good. At least they are confident enough that it will be, and I get to judge for myself :)

I have the demo links.
is it against the rules to post them?

-Romantic options unconstrained, you meet a party member chances are you can "bone" them. Review words not mine. Your siblings being the obvious exception.

Oh sure, dragon age is fine and dandy with gay sex scenes with hairy midgets, but its not gonna leng me bang my sister? Jeez, I thought you were edgy and cool Dragon Age, but I guess you only do taboo when it's popular.

sent sent and sent.

anyways I'm a little mad right now apparently there is no Directx10 render only 9 or 11.
I have GTX260 that clock is fatser then any $250 DX11 GPU and yet I can only play the game on "middle detail because high and very high is only supported by DX11...****ing BS **** you EA you just lost a sale.

sent sent and sent.

anyways I'm a little mad right now apparently there is no Directx10 render only 9 or 11.
I have GTX260 that clock is fatser then any $250 DX11 GPU and yet I can only play the game on "middle detail because high and very high is only supported by DX11...****ing BS **** you EA you just lost a sale.

Thanks, hopefully be able to download it over the course of the day.

So, do you have to ask for the link or what?

If so, Could I have it?

Is it a legit demo? If so, post the link. Why the secrecy?

It's a leaked german demo or something. Either way, it seems to be in german. Therefore I do not want it.

Only a few more days till it's out officially, anyway.

sent sent and sent.

And nothing of value was lost. If not being able to have high settings is what stops you from getting a game, then you should be ashamed when calling yourself a gamer.

And nothing of value was lost. If not being able to have high settings is what stops you from getting a game, then you should be ashamed when calling yourself a gamer.

Seriously, what an idiot.

sent sent and sent.

You can't really blame EA at all... you can't really blame anyone. You lack the hardware support for DX11. DX10 isn't really an improvement over DX9, so nothing is lost. And with that said, essentially, we've been stuck in DX9 since 2002, so it's about time to move on, don't you think?

You'll be getting the same graphics you are used to.

yeah but DX10 never even took off.and how now their skipping 10 completely. I feel cheated kinda if anything it be DX10 and 11 not DX9,DX11

yeah but DX10 never even took off.and how now their skipping 10 completely. I feel cheated kinda if anything it be DX10 and 11 not DX9,DX11
Blame Microsoft or Vista, or both. Vista/DX10 "never even took off". From what I've read, most agreed that DX10 was an insignificant and disappointing upgrade, so that's why I'm saying just use DX9 and you won't know the difference.

Not that Dragon Age has great graphics to begin with.

Yes remember that it looks like shit anyways so what does it even matter?

Yeah, DA2 quite honestly looks about as good graphically as KOTOR.

Why are everyone bashing the graphics so hard? Looks fine to me:

Looks like KotOR? Don't call other people idiots from now on :p.

Looks pretty good, the art style makes things look a little flat, is all. Anyway, that's hardly what I'll be basing my decision on if the gameplay and story are solid enough.

Huh, I haven't seen any screenshots or videos showing off any other environments except flat desert landscapes and flat cavernous areas.

And yes, maybe I was over exaggerating a little bit.
Touchè.

edit: He's still an idiot for graphical options being the deciding factor in whether or not he buys the game though. :p

Look at how plain all those screenshots look. Wow.

Lol... I was looking at those screenshots not really reading and then I saw sand people and I was like "wtf... Dragon age has sand people!?" Good times. Anyways it looks good. I have no doubt I'll buy it, but I'm not sure if I'll be preordering or not. The $60 price tag and my aging computer are the two reasons I'm unsure. Mass Effect 2 ran so wonderfully I'm tempted to try, but the original Dragon Age was right there on the edge of not running well. You know when a game runs at like 30 some FPS and shifts around ten FPS either way so sometimes it looks amazing and sometimes you just want to punch your monitor... probably because I'm still running an dual core 2.6ghz. Not to mention it recommends a quad core :(

I'm nowhere near the money necessary for upgrading since it now requires a new motherboard, which then requires new memory. Stupid money...

if anything I'll be waiting for the inevitable summer steam sale.

I don't think those screens do it justice
looks much better when playing the game

Oh sure, dragon age is fine and dandy with gay sex scenes with hairy midgets, but its not gonna leng me bang my sister? Jeez, I thought you were edgy and cool Dragon Age, but I guess you only do taboo when it's popular.

They'll add it in the optional DLC like they did with the the lady on lady action in ME2. ;)

Back