Dragon Age 2

Dragon Age 2 looks too console to be even loosely considered cRPG but Witcher counts as does DA1 which makes these developments regrettable

It definitely feels more tailored to the conoles, but that seems to be the way these days. PC gaming will forever be the BEST way to play, but consoles are catching up on the ''being-catered-for'' front.

There's (probably anyway) more money to be had in console sales, so make the new game more appealing to that market.

But we've had that debate countless times already.

Lets face it, DA: Origins was..well..terrible on the consoles when compared to the PC. Everyone would say that if you could run it on your PC, get the PC version without hesitating. It clearly wasnt made with consoles focused in their minds, which is good because the PC version was amazing as a result of that. Now, theyve spread their attention evenly across PC and consoles, and yet again, the PC suffers (limited zoom-out for example, so Ive read), and the game feels more console...ey.

Im hoping the demo is some kind of un-polished beta compared to the real thing, as the sound felt terrible in places. The voice-acting seems worse than the first, and I just felt like all the background noise was turned off every time they spoke in a cut-scene.

And im not sure about the new hack-and-slash button-mashing attacks, it makes the game a real x/a-button-breaker. And is again another example of designing the new mechanics with consoles in mind. Is it button mashing on PC like The Witcher or is it still auto-attack?

Funny how a RPG which has always been based off a system of rules is defined now by a lack of such and is a "collective " if is on such. Even is now "talking heads" of old era are now being compared to gaming is failing to compete l now are failing miserably and coming stale and incorrect the . of another inhibition to immersion as well to a being unable to comprehend the 4th wall separating two

OK, english is not my native language but... what??

Is it button mashing on PC like The Witcher or is it still auto-attack?

It's still auto-attack and it plays pretty much like Origins. But does anyone know what's up with the huuuuuge twohanded swords that are so easily swung around? Looks so silly...

It's still auto-attack and it plays pretty much like Origins. But does anyone know what's up with the huuuuuge twohanded swords that are so easily swung around? Looks so silly...

Yeah the weapons are overblown, but lets face it the armour in DAO was insano already, so I just view it as a case of them catching up.

I think he's attempting to disagree in some fashion. Maybe when he's feeling a bit more lucid he'll come back to us, no doubt to tell us that we are all heathens and that Fallout 1 represents the absolute pinnacle of the computer cRPG or some such, and that Vince Dwellers 'Age of Decadence' will herald the triumphant return of the true cRPG and the Dragon Ages, Witchers and Oblivions of this world will be smote down forever.

What I'd say except I really like The Witcher :S

do I have to play the first one to enjoy this one? cuz in the demo I was totally lost and thought there would be a "previously on dragon age.." like the mass effect 2 demo

anyway didnt liked the demo that much though I do liked the art style and also cuz the game run very nice at 1024 resolution though its the lowest settings

I played the demo with two different classes, and died in the same spot. The presentation was enjoyable but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Agmentation of systemacation is downfailing of futurecation. Why does makers always call improvement on cons. JRPG is future of WRPG!!! things done futrewards is always comprehended now it god terms. Lets all work towards betterment and not towards whatever idoits say is better.

Fallout 1 sucks, Witcher is god mode. Come talk when Dark Sun or Botral of Krondr.

Agmentation of systemacation is downfailing of futurecation. Why does makers always call improvement on cons. JRPG is future of WRPG!!! things done futrewards is always comprehended now it god terms. Lets all work towards betterment and not towards whatever idoits say is better.

Fallout 1 sucks, Witcher is god mode. Come talk when Dark Sun or Botral of Krondr.

please take a minute to make sure you are using words that are in english

also jrpgs pretty much suck, barring SMT and like..
yeah smt is the only traditional jrpg I like

p.s. i love you

Agmentation of systemacation is downfailing of futurecation. Why does makers always call improvement on cons. JRPG is future of WRPG!!! things done futrewards is always comprehended now it god terms.

1266373329639.jpg

Anyways, I finally got around to playing this. I've got to say, I actually like the combat more than in the first. Significantly more. The female PC's voice acting was decent too, but everyone else's was pretty awful. I'll get this game eventually I think. I can really only afford one game in the next several months (shit, I probably shouldn't even buy one, I'm going to be a broke ****er if things don't pan out well), and theres a ton of contenders for my money right now that are more enticing.

Like Ol' Shem always says: "When in debt, wait for reviews. If not, go ahead and buy it."

Ones can unable to quote personality as cornerstone verbalized "ones can unable".

Are you churning your sentences through babelfish to **** with us?

I played the demo for this a couple days ago, and I rather liked it. They really tightened up the controls, and it runs pretty well. The combat was rather simple, consisting of me just throwing fireballs over the top of everything, but it is just low-level stuff, and most of the other trees were locked.

I think this will be at least decent... lookin' forward to its release tonight/tomorrow.

The game isn't out yet, but ...

High Resolution Texture Pack for the PC version of Dragon Age II

This will add the option to enable higher detail replacements for most textures in game. A big difference will be noticed on level art especially.

Requirements:
Using high-resolution textures requires a graphics card with at least 1024MB video memory.
Most of the benefits from the Hi-resolution textures will only be seen if you are able to run the game in DirectX 11.

To manually download your new content on the PC:
  1. Download the installer from the link below and run it.
  2. Run Dragon Age II.
  3. Open the Options menu.
  4. Select Video options.
  5. Check the "Hi-resolution textures" checkbox.

Note: In order to enable the "Very High" setting you will need a video card that supports DX11 and the latest drivers.

Download it here.

Why would they not just include the textures on the disk? Having higher res textures on the pc must have just been an afterthought, which is a bad sign. They probably saw people saying the graphics sucked and were like "Oh yeah, I forgot PCs can do better than these, lets give them the high res versions."

Good on them for releasing it, but bad on them for not doing it from the get-go.

Cheers for heads up shaker. I wonder if it's safe to install over the pre-load? Or best to wait until the game officials unlocks?

Cheers for heads up shaker. I wonder if it's safe to install over the pre-load? Or best to wait until the game officials unlocks?

Wait until it unlocks I guess. It is an installer, so it probably needs unencrypted folders.

Why would they not just include the textures on the disk? Having higher res textures on the pc must have just been an afterthought, which is a bad sign. They probably saw people saying the graphics sucked and were like "Oh yeah, I forgot PCs can do better than these, lets give them the high res versions."

Good on them for releasing it, but bad on them for not doing it from the get-go.
Maybe because it's an extra gig to install and only a fraction of players will meet the reqs. DX11 uptake has been relatively slow iirc.

Do you need to play Awakening before playing this? :(

I keep seeing really good review scores all around for this game.

Shining reviews so far, I'm excited. Waiting for a price drop, since I don't have much money right now.

Meh, I'll probably buy this game eventually but I absolutely hated the demo and I don't like anything that I've read about the game so I'll be waiting until it drops down to the $30 range.

I'll only be buying it at some point just because I'd like to see where the story goes.

Can't warrant this because I:

A. haven't beaten the demo

B. can't bring myself to finish the original, which I picked up on sale.

I always get excited for Bioware games and quit them less than half-way through.

anyone have any screen caps on the highest settings with the high res texture pack installed? it actually looks really good imho

Meh, I'll probably buy this game eventually but I absolutely hated the demo and I don't like anything that I've read about the game so I'll be waiting until it drops down to the $30 range.

I'll only be buying it at some point just because I'd like to see where the story goes.

I'll just tell you this now to save you the trouble
it doesn't go anywhere good

How whould you know?

Someone told me the story in a nutshell, I assume 'cause he pirated it or something.

i personally don't think this crap is going to be even worth pirating

"An ownable art style."

Who comes up with shit like that?

I liked the original tbh, because I am a big Bioware fan. But I was never hyped for this, even after watching videos and the like, I can't bring myself to be excited for it. I am sure I am not the only one.

Someone told me the story in a nutshell, I assume 'cause he pirated it or something.

i personally don't think this crap is going to be even worth pirating

You know better than to make statements like that on these forums. You have been warned.

They didn't even bother to address the performance issues that were present in the demo. DirectX11 still runs like ass for Nvidia owners.

I don't think I'll be buying it. I bought both Dragon Age and Mass effect and got bored half way through both. Not to mention the bad rap it already seems to be getting.

Back