E3 2004 HL2 Demonstration

Lobster said:
check out the charecter animation though! that guy standing at the window who thinks gordon is a cop, that whole scene just looks fantastic.

And now we know which Half-Life 1 scientist Eli Vance is!
omfg i was thinking the same thing!!!

i mean the start of it was FANTASTIC! the way the person was looking around the corner at the combine...

The person at the window, then u see 2 combine and a vehicle come stopping outside..

the women and the man comforting her saying "i will think of something"

Man this game is going to be SOOO FANTASTIC!

confussed when it is all released! LOL

i mean i want to buy them all...But do u think hl,blue shift, cs and opposing force (if opposing force and blueshift are included) are goin to be in a pack?

commando said:
i mean i want to buy them all...But do u think hl,blue shift, cs and opposing force (if opposing force and blueshift are included) are goin to be in a pack?

hopefully. I don't really feel like buying 4 games... Hopefully they make it just one 20-40$ pack.

Well, for those games that are simply updated graphics, I don't really "need" to have the box, and so I'll prolly get them through steam, which I am expecting will be even cheaper than retail stores.

Uh... re: multiplayer - What makes you guys think CS-Source isn't HL2MP? Quoth Gabe: "One of the big questions is: what about multiplayer? So we decided to combine the most popular online action game with the power of the HL2 engine. And we're gonna show that to you."

Assuming that CS-Source is not HL2 MP is kind of silly. Gabe is announcing HL2 multiplayer, and shows CS-Source. I think it's pretty clear.

Also, for those who haven't seen the video, CS-Source is NOT CS2.

gabe said it is not cs2

But also if u looked close you saw that it was the CS menu. i dout it is the hl2 mp man.

Yeah, I don't want to spend $200 on games I already own just to get better graphics.

am i the only one who remembered that ANON leaked/leaked a version of CS on the source engine?

Is anyone else getting this jitteryness? It is really annoying, bot the camera physically shaking, but like... annoying jittering...

I am using WMP...
Tried Media Player Classic, any thing else I can try? :/

omgomgomgomg
you guys are getting me pumped
12 mins left!

I think it's awesome that cs will be ported to source, but will that really change the gameplay? i'm assuming it's all the original cs weaps. i stopped playing cs about 2 years ago. so much has come on the market since then. I don't know if i'm willing to pay for CS Source but i'm more willing to pay for op4 since i never bought it.

I really am wondering what hl2 mp will be, since it's not going to be CS Source.

I cant stop watching the START OF THAT DAM PRESINTATION! Man i want that game sooo bad! lol

Also we still have another presintation to come :O :O :O YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

can you guys answer something for me: Will Gabe be redoing that presentation to a much wider audience later on in E3?

I hope so because the quality of that shaky cam was pretty poor ( the game looked unbelievable though)

Also, anyone know if there's more than one shaky cam recording of that vid?

Just saw the 13 minute ATI booth demo, wow that is amazing. When is the VU booth demo going to be presented.

Gabe simply said its not CS2, just cs on the source.. as welll as the other mods being put on the source, i am sure there is a multiplyer exclusively for HL2.

make sure u have divx i guess.. i used media player classic, worked fine, no jitteryness, sound was timed in well.. dunno :O

jonnyapps said:
can you guys answer something for me: Will Gabe be redoing that presentation to a much wider audience later on in E3?

I hope so because the quality of that shaky cam was pretty poor ( the game looked unbelievable though)

Also, anyone know if there's more than one shaky cam recording of that vid?

csnation has a shakey cam recording ready to be shown later tonight at shacknews

B_MAN said:
omgomgomgomg
you guys are getting me pumped
12 mins left!
You F***ING wait man! it is FANTASTIC from start to finish!

them monsters are back again! YAY the ones that pump that green electric at you! SOOO cool!

man i want this game sooo dam badly! that was like the best movie i seen yet!

You F***ING wait man! it is FANTASTIC from start to finish!

them monsters are back again! YAY the ones that pump that green electric at you! SOOO cool!

man i want this game sooo dam badly! that was like the best movie i seen yet!

everione excited here
LIKE ME!!!!
I WANT SEE THAT VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
AND I WANT THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Hey! My vid stops at 9:01. :( It was great until then. Using DivX Player.

commando said:
But also if u looked close you saw that it was the CS menu. i dout it is the hl2 mp man.

Sorry, but if you think what they showed in the demo is not the multiplayer that will come with HL2, you're nuts. Having it's own menu/launcher doesn't change that. We already know from eurogamer that HL2 and CS-Source will come out at the same time, I think it's pretty crazy to assume there's some kind of secret, unmentioned additional, original HL2MP.

Will someone update me on what we've seen so far? Isn' t there supposed to be a second demonstration right after? Is that movie available for download yet?

There was someone on these forums who had a quote saying something about HL2 MP's involving "hundreds of players (bots and real)..."

OMG after watching that movie my eyes started watering. It wasnt a cry, but more of a "THE HAPPEIST THING IN MY LIFE" kinda thing. Like winning a new house with all the cool gadgets :D. WOW WOW WOW! i cant believe! All this time does pay off.

Is anybody else seeing violent "shaking" of the video? It's like it's skipping back and forth a few frames several times a second. It doesn't seem to be the camera physically shaking as the edges of the screen it's recording from aren't moving much, no problems with the sound though. I've tried using wmp, winamp and divx but they're all the same, and I don't have any trouble with any other avi files.

Crusader said:
Will someone update me on what we've seen so far? Isn' t there supposed to be a second demonstration right after? Is that movie available for download yet?
the second demonstartion HASN'T hit the net yet no

that is the first demonstation! and it was F**king fantastic! the second one i sooo cant wait for now! :D

OMG That demowas very nice. Actually this demo blows away last year's demo. I want this game so bad. it's sad that the quality of the recordeing cam was very poor... and CS on Source was amazing!! Was this demo at the ATi booth or the VU booth?

Omg, still one demo to go. I hope someone got a better camera! and I hope someone will record this presention again with some better quality!!

Kornflake™ said:
Is anybody else seeing violent "shaking" of the video? It's like it's skipping back and forth a few frames several times a second. It doesn't seem to be the camera physically shaking as the edges of the screen it's recording from aren't moving much, no problems with the sound though. I've tried using wmp, winamp and divx but they're all the same, and I don't have any trouble with any other avi files.
use WmP that is wat i used and it is working fine. the light gets annoying....But just looks like we all have to wait for them to release it in high qaulity or Bink form like last time hehe.

But i am soooooooo happy with the first demonstation :O :O sooo happy going to go watch it again

Kornflake™ said:
I had the EXACT same problem.
Go to the DivX site, but do not download the player, just get DivX 5.11.
Here is the page: http://www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab_divx_from_/index.php
The direct ink is www.download.divx.com/divx/divx511.exe
Enjoy!

i see u ppl are all happy and comennting about the vid but no one said about when gordon cuts in half that monster and then he picks up a can of paint and splashes it into the wall!! also when he picks up the "razors" it's pretty amazing!!! can we cut the monsters hands? or from their knees??

OH AND NO CS2 IS NOT GOING TO BE HL MP, IT"S GONNA COME SEPARATLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST KNOW THAT

the beginning really reminded me of the Holocaust
you know when the combine soldiers are searching the apartment building?
people being taken from their homes and either killed or transported 'away'

all i can say is: wow, i want this game even more than i did last year

vegeta897 said:
I had the EXACT same problem.
Go to the DivX site, but do not download the player, just get DivX 5.11.
Here is the page: http://www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab_divx_from_/index.php
The direct ink is www.download.divx.com/divx/divx511.exe
Enjoy!

Thanks :thumbs: just managed to fix the problem by downloading the latest Xvid codec though (http://www.roeder.goe.net/cgi-bin/fetch?file=XviD-1.0-RC4-05042004.exe)

Ok no more to time waste, I have to watch this through again :E

J Hater said:
i see u ppl are all happy and comennting about the vid but no one said about when gordon cuts in half that monster and then he picks up a can of paint and splashes it into the wall!! also when he picks up the "razors" it's pretty amazing!!! can we cut the monsters hands? or from their knees??

OH AND NO CS2 IS NOT GOING TO BE HL MP, IT"S GONNA COME SEPARATLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST KNOW THAT

We already saw the saw and paint can portion when the group of belgium guys went to Valve's HQ.

yea also the antlions...when u shoot them there are GIBS! :D yay. hehe

I love when the Zombies are SHOUTING like crazy when on fire!

Also the legs hanging on a rope! classic!

O O O i saw the pre-release interview and it said "EARLY SUMMER RELEASE"

WOOOOOOOOOW

soooo cant wait :D

there was this awsome thing in the tenament building (the first sequence), where just after the rooms there was a loud speaker echoeing through the building.

At first I thought it was somthing in E3, but now i realise its in the game, it sounds so cool, "Attention Residents.. 'somthing somthing' Your block 'somthing'" that whole sequence was nice :O

NICE!
Before last year's E3 I heard the CS team was talking about a sequel and I was praying that they would just port it to source so that the gameplay would be essentially the same.

I can't wait to see this vid.. grr, download faster.

God this game is too good. I didn't think I would really feel sad about seeing all those c17 people, being... I don't know what to call it.
And when the collumns blow up partially in the strider sequence, AMAZING!! Can you say destructable stuff!!!

Dear god... This is is guys... our dream...

Back