E3 2004 Video - Better Quality

RogueShadow said:
And everybody else who decided to do the same will hog what bandwidth is left, especially once everybody else decides to be jerks and disconnects after they download it.

We are... oblivious, aren't we?

*EDIT* Damnit, sorry, I can't help it :flame:

lans said:
I've uploaded 2.25mb @66.7%

(resumed from yesterday)

Pssssh, me?
Uploaded: 1.7GB
Share ratio: 7.1
Max uploads: 20
Remaining: 55MB

Wouldn't it suck if Valve decides to release the binks tomorrow? :)

But, can anyone explain to me what becoming a super seed means exactly?

PvtRyan said:
Wouldn't it suck if Valve decides to release the binks tomorrow? :)

But, can anyone explain to me what becoming a super seed means exactly?

Super Seeding is a special optimised seeding mode.
Only use this mode when you are the first and only seeder.
Each peer will be assigned a piece, and Azureus will then compute the time it takes for that particular piece to be seen again the swarm, thus identifying peers with high upload speed, to which Azureus will preferentially give data.
The additional information is available in the details view, right-click "Choose the columns to display".

From Azureus' FAQ

I don't know so much stuff - I'm an ambysal in bit torrent. How come everyone is getting 1 GB or 800mb and I've upload 2.45 mb only? is it good or bad? what does super seed mean anyway?

lans said:
I don't know so much stuff - I'm an ambysal in bit torrent. How come everyone is getting 1 GB or 800mb and I've upload 2.45 mb only? is it good or bad? what does super seed mean anyway?

Super seeding: Read my post above yours.

I've been downloading since yesterday at 1:00. :D That entire time I've been using my precious bandwidth (no multiplayer games :( ) to distribute what I have so far (83%) to other people. Total time: 19h 59m

Whenever you download a BT file, you upload to other people. That's how it all works.

54% 20kB/s down 43kB/s up

Had 100kB but had to pause the download because I want to play online at that moment :)

There is also a high res version with the Dutch/Belgian PC Gameplay, and btw, there's no man in the trashcan :)

SubKamran said:
Super seeding: Read my post above yours.

I've been downloading since yesterday at 1:00. :D That entire time I've been using my precious bandwidth (no multiplayer games :( ) to distribute what I have so far (83%) to other people. Total time: 19h 59m

Whenever you download a BT file, you upload to other people. That's how it all works.

Thanks. :)

I've been playing Soldner and halo (pc) and had no lags/problems whatsoever even though I was downloading a torrent file. So good for me.

sharp said:
54% 20kB/s down 43kB/s up

Had 100kB but had to pause the download because I want to play online at that moment :)

oh how I envy people with good upload speeds... mine's capped at about 13kb/s

If he had torrented the AVI file instead I could watch it as it was downloading, DAMN IT. :D

SubKamran said:
If he had torrented the AVI file instead I could watch it as it was downloading, DAMN IT. :D

Nah it downloads in a random order, not in a start to end of file sequence.

It would be highly corrupted if you tried to play it :D

Qwertywasd said:
Nah it downloads in a random order, not in a start to end of file sequence.

It would be highly corrupted if you tried to play it :D

Ohhh, right. Forgot. :D

AJ Rimmer said:
How big is the file s'posed to be when completed?

333.9, and i'm almost done i only need 17 more megs

Sai said:

Good stuff, make sure you keep seeding though, give it a couple hours (after you've downloaded it) and it will spread through the swarms pretty quick. From 1 seeder to 100+ in about 50 minutes i wreckon :)

Good stuff
SD

91.7 :naughty: :naughty:

I cannot wait !

Since its done i will seed in my college :smoking:

Sai said:

GREAT! Seed it, I will leave mine on for today :D Then I will cap the upload at 10KB/sec and leave it on all the time :D

You can view the zip file...at least, I can...hell, I can even see the screens he posted earlier in it. And I can read the Read Me.txt file.

dOnzt dOwnLoarD diS!!11 It HSA FLEI NAMD '[email protected]" THHAT IZ 333mB sO dPnY dOnwLoaD iT!!1~

Pretty much everyones going to finish at the same time, give or take say 5 minutes. Except obviously people that have just started.

Qwertywasd said:
Pretty much everyones going to finish at the same time, give or take say 5 minutes. Except obviously people that have just started.

Yah, I'm at 87.1%

89.8%!!

Although that's not the video, I'm downloading something else with bt currently, but I thought I'd share.

Ok, right now, I'm at 89.7%, yay.

I have a share ratio of 11.599:1

I'm downloading at 0Kb/s, and uploading at a constant 40Kb/s.

Update for me.. I have 87.6% done. 0 download speed, but 24kps, guess I'll have to wait for afew hours before there are most seeds. Darn.

Now seriously, imagine that you are a normal person, and read these vicious replies because of a new video of half life 2 =o

RogueShadow said:
oh how I envy people with good upload speeds... mine's capped at about 13kb/s

When I first started to download the file, everyone else was at about 15% completion. So naturally alot of people were uploading to me, and my download soared to 168Kb/s, and as soon as I had some bits of info, my upload grew to almost 70 Kb/s.

But now that I'm caught up with everyone, my download rate is 0Kb/s, and my up is hovering around 40Kb/s.

Is CS: Source included in the end of this video? is it DVD quality or little worst or lot worst or little better than the original from gamespy??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

grecco_diego said:
Is CS: Source included in the end of this video? is it DVD quality or little worst or lot worst or little better than the original from gamespy??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm not sure you even read the first post...

It's near DVD quality and includes the same as the Gamespy video.

Grecco: Good question! I would think so, since it's just a better quality version of what we have now.

But SHAME on you for not posting YOUR PERCENTAGE COMPLETE!! We HAVE to know!!!! </srcsm>

THE BINKS ARE RELEASED!!!

...not :p

got you looking! ;)

I just love doing that ^_^

Back