Emails from Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
and that 5 page rant about stereotypes....

God, can we sticky this plz...

17 Pages?! shit, last time i checked this it was about 5. Anywho, i doubt its gabe answering ALL the questions, when would he have time to make HL2?!

Yeah but there are still tons of emails that gabe has answered that haven't been posted here, and this thread is almost unreadable now cus it's so long. I think I'm going to start another one...

I was thinking maybe one of us could send an "interview" to gabe with more than one questions so that this way he wouldnt have to read like 10 but only 1. Add onto this list:

1.) Are shadows dynamic?
2.) Will the player model be visible to the player (eg. when looking down, mirror, water, and any other reflective surface)

He probably wont answer that one, mostly because it's no fun to answer "no, they aren't." The player character just HAS to be visible at least in mirrors: it would be really odd if not, since other characters will clearly appear.

Originally posted by Apos
The player character just HAS to be visible at least in mirrors:

It will, if u check the scene in one of the movies with g-man, the camera and the head crab... the camera catches something that looks like an orange suit :borg:

I'm pretty sure we decided that that was just a reflection of the orange fire in the previous room.

well i looked at the footage again and didnt see any orange...strange.BTW, Apos, check yur email plz. i sent you somehting

i would like to ask for gabe's email address, dose anybody here have it to tell me, thnx/

TFC2

Hi all, im a nubie here and im SOOO excited about HL2 and all the modding aspects. Ive been scouring these boards and haven't seen what i wanted to know. What i want to know is about TFC2, is their any info on it?

etancross, AFAIK TFC2 will be out after HL2 as an add-on...I'm not sure though.

There's a link to the 'Info from Valve ONLY (no discussion)' thread at planethalflife.

PS!
A great thing i've noticed is that the bs posts at that thread have been deleted. *thumbs up*

i just sent Gabe the following Email:
Hi Gabe,
I was wondering what graphical (Texture Settings, Truform, Anti-Aliasing, Anisotrophic filtering, etc. ) and game settings (Low, Medium, High, Resolution) you used in the E3 presentation. Thanks for your time, and keep up the great work!

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Subject: HL2 Demos

Hey Gabe!

I was talking with my friend today, and we were discussing HL1 and demos. He is considering making a movie out of demos and it got me thinking about HL2. Demos were a popular thing in HL1, where you can record your sweet moves in multiplayer games and such, and i was wondering what kinds of things will HL2 be doing with demos? Will there be more support for them? Maybe a menu for it or will HL2 be saving demos as AVI's to avoid the painful process of converting them? Any info on what demos are like in HL2 would be appreicated, thanks for your time.

ReZeroX

Gabes Reply:
Yes. There will be an in-game demo editor.

A whole slew of BS posts recently: I hope a mod happens by soon. The last thing we need is TWO versions of this thread, where you have to search through many many pages just to get occasional information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back