Episode One Dated

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
According to Game Informer Online, they were able to gather some exclusive information from Valve, Gabe Newell to be exact, on the status of Half-Life 2: Episode One (Aftermath). The information provided says that Episode One will be released on May 31st via Steam at a price of $19.99USD. The last we heard of Episode One's release date was a few months ago and it was shooting for a late April release.
Game Informer Online just grabbed some exclusive news on Half-Life 2: Aftermath. The highly anticipated expansion will be released on May 31st via Valve’s Steam distribution, for only $19.99. We recently spoke with Valve’s Gabe Newell about the release, and he claimed that it took him about seven hours to play through Aftermath. We will have a full interview Newell coming soon, so don’t miss it!
Read it at Game Informer.[br]Update: Game Informers full interview with Gabe Newell & Doug Lombardi is now online. The questions are very well prepared and cover a lot of ground.
GI: I think you guys have one of the best physics setups in gaming, and with things like Aegia and what Havok is doing with NVidia, how will you implement that in Half-Life?[br]Newell: There are a couple of different issues going on there. With our physics, the player can collide with objects. This is a good thing. The stuff that is being shown by NVidia right now, the latencies are too high. Their physics is essentially to make prettier pictures. It’s like you can have a bunch of different things bouncing around so long as they don’t actually touch anything that matters. If you don’t actually have to read the data out – if your AI system ever needed to know about whether or not one of those objects had collided with something else it would run slower by running on the GPU than having it run on the main CPU. So physics that matter is different than physics that makes pretty pictures.
You can check out the full interview here.

It's sad that I can trust a game news site more that the company itself for a release date. Regardless, I'd rather have late and orgasmic than on time and great.

Sin Episodes got delayed to May as well, sadly. Check the SiN Episodes forum at the Steam website.

May. Hahaha. I would have accepted May if would be the 15 or so. But May 31 we are already talking about June here.

Cyan Leader said:
May. Hahaha. I would have accepted May if would be the 15 or so. But May 31 we are already talking about June here.
Well, when it's May 31st in the states, it will be the 1st of June here.
So, we've gone from an April release to a June release? I never saw that coming...

And since EA doesn't and never will have, control, EA can only wait till Valve thinks it's done.

UltimaApocalyspe said:
The game's done isn't it? Why delay?

Exactly what I was thinking. But then again, I don't remember Valve ever saying it was done. It sucks that we have to rely on secondhand information.

UndeadScottsman said:
Sin Episodes got delayed to May as well, sadly. Check the SiN Episodes forum at the Steam website.
Interesting coincidence. Perhaps they are waiting on new Source or Steam tech to be finalised.

Or perhaps SiN can't release until Ep1 does, like Vampire: Bloodlines and HL2.

Edit: http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/s...r=162765&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&vc=1
Michael Russell said:
There is actually a very good reason for the game being released in May. However, it's not my place to say what that reason is.

What I can say is that we wouldn't be moving the release date that far back if the end result wasn't going to be good for the game, good for gamers and good for Ritual as well.

Stay tuned...the answer will be revealed...

Varsity said:
Interesting coincidence. Perhaps they are waiting on new Source or Steam tech to be finalised.

Or perhaps SiN can't release until Ep1 does, like Vampire: Bloodlines and HL2.

Edit: http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/s...r=162765&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&vc=1

Humm sounds interesting. I dont mind a delay at all. I know the game will be insane and i know that its for the best its delayed. I will get to play it just a matter of time. Plus i got like so many games i still need to finish.

Scratches
Oblivion
Serious Sam 2
Burnout Revenge on 360
Still playing Ghost recon online (Im 80th place in solo leaderboard woot woot)
To many to name.,..

I was expecting angry little bees... May is the kind of time when I should be reading for exams... how am I supposed to be able to concentrate if they release both Half-Life 2: Episode One and Sin: Episode One in May? ;)

Well, I'm a tad letdown. April 24th was convenient because it was the teachers PD day, and therefore the last day before I go back to school from the Easter hols. I think I'll have finished most exams by May 31st though and ultimately, what the hell - there is plenty of things to do during that time, and the game will be all the more better for it.

Delay it until September 30th! Just for fun.

No seriously, I am TIRED of Valve and their ridiculous delays.

You're tired? so stop looking forward to it , don't buy and ignore it.

Nonody cares what you think about the dealy, put up or shut up but we all know that you're still gonna buy it because good games are not easy to find.

Valve never released anything without a delay, so dont be suprised. Its all part of the game...

GI: One of the games that I still play is Team Fortress 2…

Newell: I’m not going to say anything about Team Fortress 2.

GI: Awww…that hurts me. (laughs)

Newell: It hurts me too. (laughs)

Ah well :(

Delays happen, you have to learn to live with it.
When you're in the middle of finishing your work, you think "hmm, I think I should finish on 24th April at noon". But then, you think "aw, this should be improved, doesn't work really as expected" and/or "darn, why the f*** doesn't it work?". And suddenly you end up in late may.

What I think is, Valve nearly finished Aftermath and they are running closed beta tests. They invite players and force them to play :D
They get feedback and tweak the game or completely remove or add somethings.

edit - yeah, yeah, I already hear some people complaining "valve will remove most of what has been promised! We probably won't play as Alyx at all!!!!1". Well, yeah :p

wilka91 said:
No seriously, I am TIRED of Valve and their ridiculous delays.

I'm seriously TIRED of you whinning about anything and everything VALVe doesn't do right for you. Go blow it out your ass.

This is AMAZZING news. BEfore, it was gonna come out just before my exams, now it's going to gbe comfortably after them. Well done Valve *Tips hat*

guess what valve, nobody cares about your hl2 games anymore, or the outdated source engine. wow a short episode which took as long as a full game to create, maybe you can add in an extra player model in another year from now.

does anybody outside the diehard fanbase even care about hl2 single player? (they dont)

edit: just realised the title of this news post is ironic. "episode one dated"... yeah, its dated alright.

Um, I care. And I'm sure any player of HL2 cares. So its taking a while, so what? Its going to be a great game.

This news pleases me. Roll on.

Wesisapie said:
guess what valve, nobody cares about your hl2 games anymore, or the outdated source engine. wow a short episode which took as long as a full game to create, maybe you can add in an extra player model in another year from now.

does anybody outside the diehard fanbase even care about hl2 single player? (they dont)

edit: just realised the title of this news post is ironic. "episode one dated"... yeah, its dated alright.
If you hate HL2 so much, why post on a HL2 fan site? I mean, why do you even care?

Wesisapie said:

Speak for yourself

Wesisapie said:

Yawn. Speak for yourself, theres a great deal of people who do care.

Back