Ever taken drugs?

Ever taken non-prescription drugs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we11er said:
Yeah I was just going to read them, must admit I haven't really read up on this stuff.

edit:

and I'm guessing there are differences between police tolerance for weed in differetn countries. Here in the UK the police are fairly lax about it. If you're blatently smoking/dealing in public then of course they'll nail you, but generally being caught with it, they will confiscate it and let you off. This is my experience anyway.

I'd appreciate your thoughts after reading them. You seem like one of the few people against weed who isn't totally against reading some information they might not like.
And yeah in the UK it is quite tollerant, but I know of people who've gone down just for having a bit of weed on them. I mean, c'mon, what harm have they done anyone?

we11er said:
In the UK? Yes there is media attention, but I don't see much damage being done at all.
Then read this thread.
Damage is not limited to drug users themselves. In fact, thats probably the smallest part of it.

I have, but I disagree. Weed is a relatively harmless drug that people enjoy.

edit:

just realised I may be giving mixed views here. I'm not sure about legalising it, but that's not to say I don't think people shouldn't smoke it. I used to and enjoyed it. I think the current class C rating and the way the law deals with it is fairly justifiable.

Wasn't long before this subject popped up again eh bliink? :|

Reaktor4 said:
read my edit.....

If we're talking about robbing/stealing for money to buy it, I don't think the situation is that bad for weed. This is only the case for genuinly addictive drugs. And apart from making you a bit of a lazy ****, I can't see how it has much of a negative effect on the people around you.

we11er said:
If we're talking about robbing/stealing for money to buy it, I don't think the situation is that bad for weed. This is only the case for genuinly addictive drugs. And apart from making you a bit of a lazy ****, I can't see how it has much of a negative effect on the people around you.
Thats not what i mean. Im talking about all drugs.
The harm im referring to is more to do with the drug gangs/dealers who make billions from selling illegal drugs. Its by far their number 1 way of making money. That greatly impacts society as a whole.

All I know about drugs is:
I smoked cannabis heavily all through my last year of school. This included the time leading up to/just before my exams. Hell, in some cases it was the night before an exam. After my exams were done, I became increasingly worried that the little revision I did (if I did more than that, I couldn't remember..) would not have been enough to pass. I was then pleasantly suprised to find out that I'd gotten 4 A's, and a B. Including the highest grade possible in Chemisty.

Basically, I find that cannabis has no detrimental effects on my intelligece, or sanity. It might make my wording a bit weird, but that's hardly the end of the world. Also I tried mushrooms once, thanks to that loophole in the law that allowed you to buy them in shops. That was fun.

For some people, drugs are a way to relax. For others, however, they can cause serious problems. Especially people who get involved in harder drugs, and end up in over their heads. I just wish the government would de-criminalise cannabis. They could make a killing in taxes, while knowing no-one was overdosing on it, which is more than can be said about alcahol and the many that die from it each year.

Yes I have smoked weed and done Coke for around 10 years.

I think its really funny that people argue against weed and yet think alcohol is okay.

Scientific study has shown that the only thing "bad" about weed is the fact that most people smoke it. In fact sevearl studies have shown that weed can actualy increase blood flow to your brain in a positive way. The only reason I dont smoke weed any more is the fact that its against the law. Wich is freakin retarded cause its not even as close to alcohol. Alcohol is dah evil. For 1 you get mad sick if you drink to much. 2 You can turn into a real prick. 3 it you physicaly to were you cant even walk strait.

Seriously if weed was legal I think more people would be a little more relaxed. I dont think any drug will make you happy or complete a void missing in your life. But just like perscriptions and even over the counter drugs, they help us along in life.

Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of drugs out there that are "really bad" but the problem is that kids wanting to get high are starting to come up with more harmful was of doing it. The only reason drugs are against the law is because of a list that they are on. If a drug is not on that list it is not illegal. I remember when X wasn't illegal and yet it is way more harmfull then almost all of our natural drugs.

I think Drugs is more of a helath issue than a criminal one.

burner69 said:
For Christ's sake. Look. Smoking weed is enjoyable for some people. It has some negative effects yet if done in moderation there is little or no evidence to support there are any long term negative effects.
Here is a link for you to read
http://www.druglibrary.org/SCHAFFER/Library/studies/ledain/lcd2g.htm

Read it.

Alcohol is a legal drug that has many severe long term effects. Although, again, if done in moderation these effects are minimal
http://www.nickscape.net/recoveryzone/alcohol.htm

We are arguing this: Why shouldn't weed be legal when clearly there are very few negative effects, and legalising would reduce any negative effects that are associated with it

http://www.heartbone.com/no_thugs/hja.htm
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/thenethe.htm
http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5450
www.briancbennett.com

Now read them. And come back with an argument that gives any one logical reason why weed shouldn't be made legal.

Not to mention Cigarettes. Nicotine has got to be one of the worst drugs out there. It kills thousands every year, and most of the people who smoke it over the age of like 20 dont even want to. Nicotine has got to be one of the worst as far as withdrawls go, well next to heroin maybe.

Agreed.
Fags are bad, and unfortunatley I smoke. :(

Also, those of you against legalisation. Consider this; Poppers is legal, in the UK at least, but how many of us go around doing that?
Not many.
And btw, never underestimate the power of poppers and a joint. Don't go near THAT :x

Nope, never. Been offered countless times. But its just not me. :)

Oh and alchohol does me nicely..... :p

Well, besides alcohol and cigarettes...

I occasionally smoke marijuana.

I drink absinthe. Proper kind, not that pussy diluted crap.

I've done shrooms once. That was cool.

I want to do LSD, acid, ecstasy, and a couple of odd herbs. Cocaine never really struck me as something I want to do, but I'd probably try it if given the chance. Crack... Wouldn't do it, but that just might be because I've seen what crackheads and crackwhores look like, and they scare the **** out of me.

NOBODY EVER TOUCH COKE!
Please.
If you learn one thing in life, learn this; don't do those white lines!
I did it once, and it was ok - nothing special, just ok.
Several of my friends spend in excess of £300 a week on coke, which forces them into selling it to cover costs. Each one says they cannot get off it.

Trig, a friend of mine on coke who clearly got caught up in the wrong crowd told me this; "Never touch it. It's a bit of a laugh but not worth your life, cuz that's what it's taken from me. What you've never tried you can't miss. I wish someone had told me that when I was little, or perhaps wish I had listened to them when they did, whatever, my life's ****ed up now and I'm not getting off it. Never touch it."

Reaktor4 said:
Thats not what i mean. Im talking about all drugs.
The harm im referring to is more to do with the drug gangs/dealers who make billions from selling illegal drugs. Its by far their number 1 way of making money. That greatly impacts society as a whole.

Ever heard of the Prohibition?

US government banned alcohol. Organized crime became wildly successful by selling alcohol on the black market. Criminal activites actually increased after the ban. And the country was no better.

The problem is not with the drugs, but their illegal status. If the government legalized drugs (not all of them btw), then they would have more control over the distribution of the substances and they would be able to tax them. If they're legal, then there's no more black market. Poof. Your drug dealers are no longer making billions of dollars.

wich is why I believe the government is selling drugs. They have to fund all this crap somehow.

2 pages and still no good reason for keeping weed illegal. Just wanted to give an update on the status ;).

never.
i knew pple who were into drugs during my high school years...but for whatever reason my time hanging out with these such pple was very short and such.. so i never got the peer pressure that perhaps some do.

now i don't know very many pple who do drugs.. so even if i wanted to try it once.. im not sure who i'd ask :p

we should take this to some government deabte forum......Lets get dah weed legal.

That would be funny to be able to goto a store and by a pack of some ciga-weeds.

Dr. Freeman said:
never.
i knew pple who were into drugs during my high school years...but for whatever reason my time hanging out with these such pple was very short and such.. so i never got the peer pressure that perhaps some do.

now i don't know very many pple who do drugs.. so even if i wanted to try it once.. im not sure who i'd ask :p
Simple, don't try it. I am all for legalizing pot but I will never suggest to anyone that they should try it. Drugs, just like tobacco and alcohol, are bad. When I was smoking pot I was spending a good $600 a month on it, it almost put me out on the street as I couldn't afford rent.

I've smoked weed plenty of times,and thats it, im not to all those hard drugs as LSD and mushrooms.

Badgerbagderbadger

Damn. Popular topic.

I have done pot, meth, mesc, extacy, lsd, mushrooms, nitrious, and of course alcohol and nicotine. Not sure if theres any I forgot.

I think its funny how so many here are so against drugs when they've never even tried them. "Its weakness", etc. Sometimes that is true. Sometimes it is not true at all. Many of the drugs I've tried were out of experimentation, not a need to escape. Some of my LSD and extacy experiences have made me a better person.
Drugs can actually open your mind
, when done in the right circumstance.

However all the pot I've smoked (and I've smoked tons of pot in the past 14 years) hasn't really helped. But I stopped that when I stopped smoking cigarettes, two months back, and already I feel mentally sharp again.

No Limit said:
Simple, don't try it. I am all for legalizing pot but I will never suggest to anyone that they should try it. Drugs, just like tobacco and alcohol, are bad. When I was smoking pot I was spending a good $600 a month on it, it almost put me out on the street as I couldn't afford rent.

i understand what ur saying so don't think i am ignoring ur advice but like Chris_D and bliink have pointed out.. curiousity does get the better of one some times.
i guess my saving grace is that presently i don't know very many pple who are into the drug scene.. so for me to try and get a hold of some would require quite an effort.

Never have, never will. I'm in pretty awesome shape, and I really don't feel like wasting my body away.

I've seen some pretty huge people in my time, and years (sometimes months) later, they shrink like mad because they spend all their time drinking/taking drugs etc.

f|uke said:
Damn. Popular topic.

I have done pot, meth, mesc, extacy, lsd, mushrooms, nitrious, and of course alcohol and nicotine. Not sure if theres any I forgot.

I think its funny how so many here are so against drugs when they've never even tried them. "Its weakness", etc. Sometimes that is true. Sometimes it is not true at all. Many of the drugs I've tried were out of experimentation, not a need to escape. Some of my LSD and extacy experiences have made me a better person.
Drugs can actually open your mind
, when done in the right circumstance.

However all the pot I've smoked (and I've smoked tons of pot in the past 14 years) hasn't really helped. But I stopped that when I stopped smoking cigarettes, two months back, and already I feel mentally sharp again.

Welcome to tonight's discussion. I have a question; is pot legal in the States or does the police not care?

The_Monkey said:
Welcome to tonight's discussion. I have a question; is pot legal in the States or does the police not care?
It is fully illegal and the cops do care. Some cops will simply make you destroy it, however, this is extremely rare. I had many friends who got arrested for pot and had to pay huge fines (one of my friends had to pay over $5,000) and some even faced jail time of 6 months.

The_Monkey said:
Pot is not legal, and the cops do care. But that depends on the State and the quantity. Here in California, if a cop catches you with a small amount, there is a very good chance they'll just make you throw it out (this is generally what has happened to me and my friends in the past). In other states, Arizona for example, if you're caught with so much as one seed, you will be arrested.

There are also medical marijuana programs in a few states.

It's illegal, and the police DO care. I'm a sophomore in high school, and there are pot-sniffing police dogs that come on random days at least once a month. If you get caught here in North Carolina with less than a gram, it's only a misdemeanor, and a lot of times the cops will just tell you to throw it out.

There's still a huge drug community there.

I spent a year researching all drugs, and I'm allowing myself to smoke weed occasionally, I don't spend more than 20 or so a month on it, smoke maybe twice a month. I'm also going to do shrooms with my bud soon, but just to experience it. I'd never touch cocaine, heroin, speed, or any other drugs - not even e. I also don't drink.

I'm an intelligent and creative person and I want to retain that; smoking pot less than once a week (one to three times a month) does not hurt you at all.

No Limit said:
It is fully illegal and the cops do care. Some cops will simply make you destroy it, however, this is extremely rare. I had many friends who got arrested for pot and had to pay huge fines (one of my friends had to pay over $5,000) and some even faced jail time of 6 months.

It just seems like a lot of you have smoken pot, while over here, no one would say openly that they do/did.

probably 90% of america has smoked pot at one point or another...

that would be pretty ****ing stupid

shadow6899 said:
b/c they cannot arrest you for admitting you smoke, they can only arrest you if they find it on you :/ i'd walk up to a cop and tell em i smoke, i dont care...

I didn't mean you are arrested for admitting to smoke it, they will need to have proof, just like anywhere.

maybe it's less socially acceptable there

No Limit said:
2 pages and still no good reason for keeping weed illegal. Just wanted to give an update on the status ;).

Do a search. Can't be assed to post on this subject anymore.

I've seen more ppl harmed from smoking far too much weed for far too many years than i'd care to mention - including myself.

Of course, in moderation it's probably no worse than booze.

Warbie said:
Do a search. Can't be assed to post on this subject anymore.

I've seen more ppl harmed from smoking far too much weed for far too many years than i'd care to mention - including myself.

Of course, in moderation it's probably no worse than booze.
And I can't be assed to read 20 pages right now :).

What kind of harm has it done to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back