(fake post??) HL2 will be going gold on Monday. (or will it?)

HL2 Fallout:

fter a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell’s account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100% certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate.

We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated.

what does "going gold" mean anyway?
is this the moment when hl2 is going to be activated on steam? or when valve passes it the publisher?

Glo said:
is this the moment when hl2 is going to be activated on steam? or when valve passes it the publisher?

It's when the game is finished and the master disc is submitted for duplication.

Glo said:

means the game is completed 100% and has 0% bugs.

ready to be copied on CDS within weeks.

i see
so it means that when a game has gone gold, well be able to play it within weeks right?

correct, but lets hop the information[news] ain't fake :|

Glo said:
i see
so it means that when a game has gone gold, well be able to play it within weeks right?

I think it varies, but... let' see: Doom 3's gold status was announced on July 14th, and the game became available in Europe August 13th. So I guess it took two to three weeks to become available in the states.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Wait for the announcement! We don't know yet! If you only have something depressing to say don't say anything at all!

"Fool's Gold

After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell’s account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100% certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate.

We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated."

should it really be true?! oh, f**k! :(

lonestar said:
"Fool's Gold

After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell’s account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100% certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate.

We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated."

Ohmy, I knew something like this was gonna happen :eek:

lonestar said:
"Fool's Gold

should it really be true?! oh, f**k! :(

ohnoes ;(

Wait for monday - I just know this time we are so close, that we can't miss it!, even if it is fake!

If its a fake, there may be a manhunt for the idiot who done this.

I can see the headlines.

8/28 "Half-Life 2 fanbase hunts hacker"

8/28 "Hacker found, thousands flock to residency"

8/28 "Hacker found again! Correction, hacker found in pieces"

8/29 "Gabe announces Gold for Half-Life 2"

:E

Laughing it off is the only way to move on I guess :(

right. you guys should just calm down for the time being. the game will come out when its ready, you cant do anything about it. its just a game youre waiting for. nothing more and nothing less.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

It'd be cool if it was fake, and then they go gold on monday anyway.. :)

Anyways, don't sweat it people, do something, think about something else for a while..
I'm going golfing with my dad and a friend, and after that a bit of running... :p

You can't be worrying about HL2 if you have to worry about being so tired that you can hardly stay on your feet !

Yay!omgomg i just woke up and found this! unfortunately i couldnt read through the 48 pages :) So can someone give a quick summary, thnx.

Immortal said:
Yay!omgomg i just woke up and found this! unfortunately i couldnt read through the 48 pages :) So can someone give a quick summary, thnx.

basicly gabe posted on hl2fallout saying its going gold on monday, however there is a good chance this post is fake (hacked forum account) because it is not his usual IP adress. everyone is waiting for confirmation from the man himself, but theyre all still in bed in seattle, so we're gonna have to wait a few hours. most people are confident thats its fake tho. not that they have any proof either way. only time will tell.

it may be a fake post of someone hacking into gabe's account

I really hope this is real guys..........Just cross your fingers.

Here can you find a screenshot from the post from "Gabe Newell". I hope, that is not a fake, but all signs stay bed...

OMGZ0rZ Nooooooooes! I didn`t upgrade my pc yet and I won`t until late September :O !!!1

Valve push the release date back until I get my x800!!! :p

ZeeM said:
OMGZ0rZ Nooooooooes! I didn`t upgrade my pc yet and I won`t until late September :O !!!1

Valve push the release date back until I get my x800!!! :p

DONt say that or they will :E

Oh...my...god...

Words can not decribe how awesome this is!

/edit: or maybe not...

Back