FIFA World Cup

lolwutnotsureifsrs etc

That was probably the worst performane so far of the tournament considering England's 'stars'. Zero creativity. Inept. Terrible match. Probaby the worst yet.

We weren't that bad to be fair. We started off alright and then just slowed off the pace.

Worst game so far has been Slovenia v Algeria closely followed by Uruguay v France. Slovenia and Algeria both look easy to beat judging from todays performance.

Congrats, he completed a pass. What a player :rolleyes:.

He trapped the ball and set the goal up, i.e. the goal wouldn't have happened if he hadn't done it.

And as far as I am concerned, the criticisms come from stereotypical England fans, if they aren't beating the team 5-0 then its a crap game. The team managed the draw yes, but that was with a goal keeping blunder, and the yanks defended well lets be honest but England created a magnitude of chances, but couldn't convert them, which is the main thing to work on. The team that played is a new team as far as I am concerned, that theory shall be put to the test in the next games though. I think Rooney definitely needs to be up front by himself though, its the only way to get the best out of him.

You forget that Africa go seriously OTT when they celebrate. They dont celebrate much, but when something as big as this happens during their ***t lives, they go nuts.

Equally, Id like to punch any fans that do the foghorn to get the ''ENGLAND!'' shout.

****************NSFW******************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRgcSk33ncs

For the England-USA game, what made me laugh the most is the ridiculous little clip they played before the game where that presenter was like ''America is great at their sports because nobody else in the world plays them (which is untrue). Football, the game we invented, is played all over the world. So please, stick with what youre good at...''

And then look what happened.

England are over-confident and I hate us for it.

Guarantee the next game against Algeria will be all ''Oh well they lost their game against Slovenia, we can wipe them aside. We're the best, they're a ***t team as theyve never won anything, have hope England, hope. Hope! We can win this time!.....hope!''

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

Its the arogance of the fans and presenters that makes me want them to lose.

Just watched that Serbia-Ghana game, and was amazed by how much the commentators were yabbing on about England's chances and their starting lineup etc.

STFU, stop being biased, and focus on the game being played infront of you.

Ahah. Damn it.

Algeria-Slovenia game is what I meant.

The 2 games merged into one in my mind for some reason. Maybe it was the S's.

watching the australia germany game trough a australian stream,its like if the sniper and steve irwin where the narrators lol

"ther wer put onhold on dis worldcap"

There goes Australia's dignity.

By far the best game of the tournament. It was a delight to watch the German team play in action.

This game was way too one sided. I'd give the best game so far to Argentina vs Nigeria, US vs England, or South Korea vs Greece.

95fQD.jpg

Germany played an amazing game, but I have to say watching Ghana was far more enjoyable. Despite the lack of goals for most of the game they owned the field.

If you think South Africa have a good offence wait till you see Spain play. Or Brazil or Holland. Then you'll see what a real attack is :p

Well for a team who is pretty new (only being in the world cup twice before?) and hasn't gained much attention before, I think they did alright.

My problem with English football is the over the top 'We are definitely going to win this time' attitude you get in so much of the British media. It does my head in, I don't mind them being pro-England (despite the papers being sold in Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland too, those countries barely get any international footy coverage) but when it is so OTT it turns me against England.

Bah!

I saw some of the Slovenia - Algeria game, awful awful match, England shouldn't have many problems against those two.

Highlights of the Germany - Aussie match were fun, I would have liked to see the Aussies do better, but c'mon the Germans!

Too bad the Aussies lost, but the Germans were just on fire that game. I dont quite think that Cahill deserved the red card, but it was the officials decision.

It was a VERY harsh decision. Watching Japan vs. Cameroon, already looking like it could be a very good match.

Highlights of the Germany - Aussie match were fun, I would have liked to see the Aussies do better, but c'mon the Germans!

The Germans were amazing and we were playing atrociously in a bad, untested formation. We deserved to have our asses handed to us, not only for that, but also for being bad sports for the first half of the game and calling foul on every frigging thing Germany did.

Well done Germany. Hopefully we'll get our shit together enough to beat Ghana without Cahill.

I thought the vuvuzela "chant" was a normal part of every game, Africa or no Africa. Now I know what it is at least :D

And there was a match on Sunday? D:

I thought the vuvuzela "chant" was a normal part of every game, Africa or no Africa. Now I know what it is at least :D

And there was a match on Sunday? D:
There are three matches every day during the group stage.

this sound, make it stop!

I was counting on Cameroon blowing Japan out of the water...:(

-3 points for my bracket.

paraguay held their own but italy out played them...just wish italy wasn't so over dramatic about every single thing

Love the constant noise of the vuvuzela with a mix of air raid sirens and other sound making instruments. I'm surprised Rooney stayed awake during the USA game.

I think they'll probably get to asking everyone to stop using the vuvuzelas..why they arent called plastic trumpets I dont know..

And is it just me, or has this been the dullest start to a World Cup ever? All the games are so boring so far. Everyone is on the defensive, so ***k all is happening and it seems to be all draws with luck thrown in for the goals.

Except for Germany of course. Then again, Australia has a football team...? Might as well not even been on the pitch.

Yeah its not been the best start really, the last world cup was the same though really, I can recall only one good match in the entire competition and that was Mexico vs. USA, oh and USA vs. Italy, for the hilarity of half the people on the pitch being sent off. Germany's game was fun because well yeh, Australia were just a push over, yet to see a game where both teams are hammering away at each other.

Problem is that these days, EVERYTHING is a foul. It slows the game down tremendously. Being on the defense mostly decreases the risk of getting a foul and being carded.

Refs need to calm the hell down and players REALLY need to stop diving and being over dramatic, it ruins the sport.

But the refs have been seriously good. An odd straight red here and there, but all the reds or cards ive seen so far Ive completely agreed with. Players over-react more.

People always mock the ref for crap calls, but until you've been a ref in ANY sport, keep your mouth shut as you dont know what its like.

And plays mouthing off at refs should be a straight red in my opinion. These guys are supposed to be role models for kids, and kids mouth off at refs and adults because ''he did it, why not me?''.

Why they cant introduce replays for the refs is completely beyond me. One reason I heard was that it ''slows the game down, makes it a start-stop game''...err, sorry, but football IS a start-stop game these days. Every 20 seconds some pretty boy is rolling around on the ground when the wind hits him and the miraculously gets up and runs around after the card is shown.

But the refs have been seriously good. An odd straight red here and there, but all the reds or cards ive seen so far Ive completely agreed with. Players over-react more.

People always mock the ref for crap calls, but until you've been a ref in ANY sport, keep your mouth shut as you dont know what its like.

And plays mouthing off at refs should be a straight red in my opinion. These guys are supposed to be role models for kids, and kids mouth off at refs and adults because ''he did it, why not me?''.

Why they cant introduce replays for the refs is completely beyond me. One reason I heard was that it ''slows the game down, makes it a start-stop game''...err, sorry, but football IS a start-stop game these days. Every 20 seconds some pretty boy is rolling around on the ground when the wind hits him and the miraculously gets up and runs around after the card is shown.

yea I agree with you on the ref part somewhat, but there are times where calls shouldn't be made but whatever.

My biggest gripe is the soap-opera players these days, it actually makes me sick. Italians are #1 for being over dramatic and is exactly why I really hate their team, shame because they're really talented.

Back