Fragmaster posts his delay "proof"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by MrWhite
They still could push it back but they most likely wont

But dont post this at planet half-life, cause then fragmaster will come up with some way to get out of all of his little bets

He seems like such a slimy individual

You know, gabe didnt really say the game was going to come out on time.... I mean literally all he said was that he will find out soon :p

Originally posted by Super Schwepp
You know, gabe didnt really say the game was going to come out on time.... I mean literally all he said was that he will find out soon :p

True, but saying that "he'll find out soon enough whos right" gives it an ominous quality that's just too cool

Originally posted by spitcodfry

Oh he is... slimy little perry noyd... when will you ever learn

Noone can know about this :p I removed the attachment...

Remember, you guys heard it from Schweppes first! Dare I say douche helmet!?!

im awaiting sept 30th so i can send fragmaster my adress and recieve my free HL2 copy. ah yes, how nice will that be, not because its only free, but because that **** head will be proven wrong

Originally posted by spitcodfry
He already sucks and then probably is a slimy individual? Ewwww....

Originally posted by Cheetarah654
im awaiting sept 30th so i can send fragmaster my adress and recieve my free HL2 copy. ah yes, how nice will that be, not because its only free, but because that **** head will be proven wrong

Someone needs to take screen shots for proof of all of the "blah blah dressing up like gordon handing out free hl2/blah blah bet you and quit the site give you free hl2 etc."'s

Just got this reply from him in my e-mail:

Hey, congratulations on going to Valve! Did you notice the headcrab hiding near the ceiling? It was in the reception area with the chairs, above the overhang, to the upper left of the wall with the fishtank.

Thanks for the offer and I do enjoy reading those forums from time to time, but this thread
(http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1166659)
contains about all I have to say. Well, that and the delay editorial slop, http://www.planethalflife.com/features/articles/delayeditorial/

I realize that there's nothing I can say that'll convince some people that I'm right. And that's cool. And I do like reading HL2.net's forums not only for the anti-Me hilarity, but also because you guys are REALLY enthusiastic about the game.

I also realize that telling people about the delay makes them upset. Sorry about that. I've tried to limit my activity to the forums recently and not the front page.

I'm not sure what else to say. I'm a huge fan of Half-Life and have been for years, sure, sometimes I act like a total asshole, but that's only because I'm still just another fanboy in a lot of ways. I will be VERY glad once this delay nonsense is over.

Thanks,

-Kevin "Fragmaster" Bowen
Community Site Manager, GameSpy Industries
PlanetHalf-Life - http://www.planethalflife.com
PlanetUnreal - http://www.planetunreal.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 2:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Discussion request

As per request of many users on HL2.net, we would be most appreciative if you visited our forums to have a discussion regarding the release of Half-Life 2. We would like to discuss our different views in a civil manner. All of us are interested to hear your thoughts and opinions. Please come chat with us. Sincerely,

Spitcodfry

Originally posted by MrWhite
Someone needs to take screen shots for proof of all of the "blah blah dressing up like gordon handing out free hl2/blah blah bet you and quit the site give you free hl2 etc."'s

screenshots have been taken, i forget who grabbed it, i might even have a copy, but after it was first posted i suggested someone screenshot it and they did, they posted afew links to it since then but i dont remember who it was, heh.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
screenshots have been taken, i forget who grabbed it, i might even have a copy, but after it was first posted i suggested someone screenshot it and they did, they posted afew links to it since then but i dont remember who it was, heh.

Jes checkin

Originally posted by axdenied01
This is fake. I emailed gabe to be sure, and here's his reply :

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/getpicture.php?id=344167

Please dont post something that is fake next time.

Thanks

edit : this was in regard to the guy who suposedly emailed gabe and told him about fragmaster.

Did he post this earlier, somewhere else on the forums? I'm not doubting your e-mail over his, but it seems odd that you'd get such a quick response from Gabe. Must have caught him while he was answering e-mails just then

Email gabe and ask him yourself then. He's probably checking his emails, which explains his fast reply.

No better way to prove it then to email him youself. You'll get the same reply that I did.

bah, he won't even send the email through email. he has no proof. he probably just heard something about an email a couple months ago and than claimed it was leaked and that he had the only copy of it. yeah ok. the rumour machine was ironically started up by a rumour, go figure :p

Originally posted by axdenied01
This is fake. I emailed gabe to be sure, and here's his reply :

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/getpicture.php?id=344167

Please dont post something that is fake next time.

Thanks

edit : this was in regard to the guy who suposedly emailed gabe and told him about fragmaster.

the "he'll know whos right soon enough" statement? That did seem a little too forward for Gabe :\

What did "super schwepp" post, and why did he remove the attachment?

Anyone who posts fake email needs to have their IP banned. Someone here has posted a fake e-mail.

Yes that statement.

Just email him yourselves guys eh, there's no better proof.

edit: He posted an email containing a "supposed" message from Gabe stating that fragmaster will soon see that he was wrong. Or something along those lines.

Originally posted by dscowboy
What did "super schwepp" post, and why did he remove the attachment?

Anyone who posts fake email needs to have their IP banned. Someone here has posted a fake e-mail.

He posted a supposed e-mail from Gabe regarding Fragmaster's comments. Gabe supposedly said something along the lines of "We've been aware of Fragmaster's comments. He will see whos right soon enough" followed by a keyboard-created smiley face...not typical Gabe style to be sure

I'm getting pretty sick of this fake e-mail BS, and I'm geting sick of us having to waste Gabe's time to confirm every e-mail that gets posted on here. Next idiot that posts fake e-mail can leave his phone number and address too, so I can drive to his house and give him a complimentary punch-in-the-face.

Originally posted by dscowboy
Next idiot that posts fake e-mail can leave his phone number and address too, so I can drive to his house and give him a complimentary punch-in-the-face.

They deserve it

Thanks. :)

Anyways, if the guy ever comes back and calls me a liar all you guys have to do is email gabe eh..

edit: Sept 30th HeadLine news : Half Life 2 delay caused by a legion of off-topic fan emails sent to Gabe Newell for the past two weeks.

Ban Super Schwepp and his IP, that was inexcusable. He created a fake e-mail to make people think there was some kind of rivalry between Gabe and Kevin? Or to give people false hope about the release date? I revoke his PhotoShop privilages.

Let's just ignore all 'possible confirmation Emails' from now on. This is the second time in a row someone posts a fake one...

Nah, I just figured you people needed some cheering up :(

Btw, it was MSPAINT.

Fragmaster is proberly just as well known as Gabe by now, If Steam comes up with an option to start your subscription on teusday then he better start thinking about changeing his name.

Wow, I remember MrChimp.

Edit: SPITCODFRY!! GUH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back