Framerate died after new processor :/

D

Drunk_BatMan

I was running CS S on a 2.8ghz p4 533fsb 1mb cache (6800 card) and getting an average of 80 frames in the stress test and online, I changed processor to 2.8ghz p4 800fsb 1mb cache with HT and now its gone down to 30fps!? its unplayable, ive reformated and put all the drivers back on, anyone know why? I cant get it above 30fps, is really spoiling my day :)

thanks,

Check your AGP settings first of all. BIOS and in your video card driver settings.

Then try turning Hyperthreading off. Hyperthreading is notorius for performance loss in certain apps, but usually not by that big of a margin. Turn it off anyway.

Not sure what kind of motherboard you've got, but if I had to guess you either forgot or didn't install the AGP driver correctly.

Yeah, you might try turning the Hyperthreading off, like he said. That should be the problem. Also, if your Motherboard doesn't support up to 800Mhz FSB, then that could be the (major) problem, and you'd probably wanna switch back to the old one, as that could EXPLODE your motherboard.

Back