F.E.A.R. Reviews thread

Just finished it, short as anything.

I rate this, doom 3.

I'm gonna have to play this one Hard so I won't complete it in a matter of hours

hmmm...i really wasn't even impressed with the demo, so i don't think i'll be buying this at all then after reading all these :\

Just a normal, calm day for Pvt. Johnson.
Softar.jpg

Damn, I hate this bastard.
Fatty.jpg

this game is fu..ing intense! the atmosphere is stressing me out. I`m taking the looong way around corners...jeeeees.

bad graphics? lol it beats everything else if you ask me. better upgrade your rig.

I have not encountered any problems with the game.

cadaver said:
this game is fu..ing intense! the atmosphere is stressing me out. I`m taking the looong way around corners...jeeeees.

bad graphics? lol it beats everything else if you ask me. better upgrade your rig.

I have not encountered any problems with the game.

I don't think grey and brown will look better on high(even tho I had it on high)

Hahaha who the hell is that fat guy!
Oh man I can't wait until tomorrow morning. I have a feeling I'll be skipping class

Frank said:
I'm gonna have to play this one Hard so I won't complete it in a matter of hours

that was my idea, but I still found the game too easy and short (less than 10 hours)

Just picked up the director's cut!
Why the **** do these idiots use paper slip cases? Retarded

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Just picked up the director's cut!
Why the **** do these idiots use paper slip cases? Retarded

It's something that has to do with Vivendi. It's so annoying, they're so cheap man. They did the same shit for Half Life 2.

Patch 1.01 is out: <link>

change notes:

Global:

Fixed a problem where players could fall under the map after pressing ESC while climbing a ladder.
Fixed a bug where water FX would play where there was no water in the "Heavy Resistance" level.

Multiplayer:

Fixed the Game Type filter on the server browser screen.
Fixed broken ladder animations.
Spectator "Fly" mode now works as intended.
SlowMo Score Time is now reported through the in-game server browser for SlowMo CTF games.
Fixed a problem where players would sometimes spawn into Team Elimination games as a neutral player.
Team Elimination servers will no longer advance to the next round if you are the first to join and then switch teams.
Dead players will no longer win the round in Elimination game types if they have the highest score when time runs out.
The score tally on the HUD now works properly in all Elimination game types.
Remote clients can no longer log into SCMD on hosted games as original intended. SCMD still works as before on dedicated servers.
The weapon of the player you are watching will no longer appear on the screen when using the "Follow" spectator mode.
Fixed problem with grenades getting stuck on or bouncing off of breakable windows in certain levels.
Further optimized performance and fixed minor lighting and art bugs in the Streets CTF level.

I'm pretty impressed with it so far, I'm only on the infiltration chapter (the second after inception I believe) so I have no idea how it'll ware on me but so far it gets two thumbs up.

Just finished it. Not spoiling, but that was the best ending to a game ever. :p

got it today too, 45 euros not bad plus theres some extras which is cool...i'm in the office part atm, just after getting in through the roof, so far i'm really liking it, still stutters alot when loading new things but fps is fine maxed detail, no softshadowing....

the factory areas got a bit too repetitive towards the end so i'm glad to have a change of location, great sound too, really awesome work there....

Just finished it as well. Damn, that was an awesome ending, truly magnificent.
Trust me, you will go “WHOA!” when you see it. :p

Overall, I really enjoyed playing F.E.A.R.. Very fun imo.

Loke said:
Just finished it as well. Damn, that was an awesome ending, truly magnificent.
Trust me, you will go “WHOA!” when you see it. :p

Overall, I really enjoyed playing F.E.A.R.. Very fun imo.

I still haven't beaten it. I think I got to interval 8 last night. Tonight I'll play again if I can keep my hands of the game.

Ooooh...this is so cinematic it kills me! Love it so far!

\nooo i wont highlight that !
\hold my hand..
\cut hand

Holy crap, talk about a practice in self restraint
I'm like four-five hours in! Must finish!

Hey, is there any way to explain how the slo-mo thing fits into the game without giving any spoilers (even the tiniest will make me angry)? Because without having an explaination, it looks really dumb and pointless.

DannyC. said:
Hey, is there any way to explain how the slo-mo thing fits into the game without giving any spoilers (even the tiniest will make me angry)? Because without having an explaination, it looks really dumb and pointless.
your character is really Neo... you can stop bullets in midair if you find the hidden key for it

DannyC. said:
Members of FEAR have ridiculously fast reflexes. They move so fast, that the only way to implement it without actually having your character go frustratingly fast, is to slow everything down. This gives the impression that you're able to aim faster and more accrately than your enemies. Sometimes when you activate slo-mo, you'll hear enemies yell, "He's moving too fast!" which is a great touch

See, now it sounds cool :)

But how are they able to move so fast? I thought the F.E.A.R. was just a group of extensively trained elite soldiers. I mean, being so well trained, of course they can move faster than the average person, but what, are they genetically altered? I don't like that idea but if that's the case I'll work with it.

DannyC. said:
See, now it sounds cool :)

But how are they able to move so fast? I thought the F.E.A.R. was just a group of extensively trained elite soldiers. I mean, being so well trained, of course they can move faster than the average person, but what, are they genetically altered? I don't like that idea but if that's the case I'll work with it.
it's a game, not a theory - play it, enjoy it

Icarusintel said:
it's a game, not a theory - play it, enjoy it

Yeah, It's like how they explain Max Payne's bullet time. He just gets the feeling equivalent of what athletes call the "zone".

I like games like this to have good explainations for things in it. Not just "Hey, your guy can move super-humanly fast so you can like... slow down time and stuff. We... uhh.... really have nothing to back that up but uhh... it's cool so enjoy it!"

Eh, either way I'm getting the game and I'll certainly enjoy it, but that's just my opinion.

wow i clicked it, because i saw what it was called and it made me think of the ending to another game i have played before, so i thought you just put that image up because you never said it was for f.e.a.r...i figuired it was like a joke, but then it wasn't :(

xcellerate said:
wow i clicked it, because i saw what it was called and it made me think of the ending to another game i have played before, so i thought you just put that image up because you never said it was for f.e.a.r...i figuired it was like a joke, but then it wasn't :(

Did it get ruined for you? Sorry bud. ;( :( ;(

I'm really really tempted to click it, but I know I can't.

i just ruined the November 9 episode of Lost for myself... maybe I should just ruin the ending to F.E.A.R. as well

I don't understnd why you would just do that for the sake of doing it, but your choice. I know I'm going to see the ending once I'm at the end of the game.

I hate those armoured guys who shoot rockets! I'm at the second one in the little outdoor area of the office building. So tough to beat. Although I only tried once then quit.
Goddamn this game is great
I love the parts where nothing happens for a while, just noises, and things moving and the odd ghost. I knew I bought a surround sound setup for a reason

IonizeMyAtoms said:
I hate those armoured guys who shoot rockets! I'm at the second one in the little outdoor area of the office building. So tough to beat. Although I only tried once then quit.
I love the parts where nothing happens for a while, just noises, and things moving and the odd ghost. I knew I bought a surround sound setup for a reason

I am around the same part, took out the guy and my game crashed. Boy, i'll tell ya that interval is sooo boring... hardly any scares, I admit... it was boring.

IonizeMyAtoms said:

Man, I just played through that part and only had 25 hp and no medkits. Thank got I had a few shots left on the plasma rifle to help take him down. I left that fight with 7hp, no grenades and an empty plasma rifle.

Back