F.E.A.R. Reviews thread

Make sure you uninstall your old drivers before installing the new ones.

diluted said:
Probably not... if it runs, it will run very badly.
I don't know anything about nvidia drivers, but you generally should be using a recent driver. 10fps sounds awfully low... what detail settings are you using?
everything high
but if I put everything on low I get the same or very similiar

i want to get this game but i have been told it runs horribly on lower end systems so i need some help from u guys.

does anyone here have a system similar to mine?

AMD Athlon 2500+
9800 Pro 128mb
1gig DDR ram

what i wanna know is how well would this game run on my system.
i want the game, but not if its going to stutter.

Dr. Freeman said:
i want to get this game but i have been told it runs horribly on lower end systems so i need some help from u guys.

AMD Athlon 2500+
9800 Pro 128mb
1gig DDR ram

It'll run great on medium~.

Dr. Freeman said:

AMD Athlon 2500+
9800 Pro 128mb
1gig DDR ram

It'll run great on medium~. And look great too.

all Radeon (x800) users MUST install the catalyst 5.10 driver

FEAR runs better, I gained almost 10 fps in every part of the SP demo level

Dr. Freeman said:

AMD Athlon 2500+
9800 Pro 128mb
1gig DDR ram

People expect this game to run on 40.000ghz computers only, so don't listen to them. I have a
AMD Athlon 2800+
9800 Pro 128mb
512 DDR RAM
and I run the demo perfect with everything on high and max!

EDIT:
Plus I play it in 1280x1024

I got the directors Edition DVD LOL

+

My video stress test is: everything on max 8x 8x and at the highest res the game suuports

MIN fps = 60
Average = 90
mAX = 150

LOL own3d

/me start playing

Gorgon said:
I got the directors Edition DVD LOL

+

My video stress test is: everything on max 8x 8x and at the highest res the game suuports

MIN fps = 60
Average = 90
mAX = 150

LOL own3d

/me start playing

WHERE DID YOU BUY YOU ASS!@!!!}@UIQ()@UIOPAWDJAIOPJ!@!!

GREAT game everything is super smooth super cool

can;t post screens if you pirated it... not that there's anything wrong with that

Oh man. I just had one of the funniest moments in this game. I'm facing commandos with my shotgun (gotta love ripping them apart with it) and I'm getting hurt because I kinda charged in and didn't think there'd be like 5 commandos. I kill all of them but one but had to retreat to reload and use some medkits.

I'm out of slowmo, I'm reloading my other guns around a nearby corner and I hear footsteps coming my way. The last guy is coming to get me while I reload. I'm just thinking, hurryyyyyyyy. I see he's got a shotgun as he rounds the corner. I think, "SHIT" because shotguns can kill in 1 hit close range (I'm playing on Hard). He rounds the corner just as I bust out my shotgun again. We both have shoguns drawn at point blank range. He looks at me and says exactly what I was thinking, "SHIT!" We pull triggers at the same time. He flies back in a cloud of blood hitting the opposite wall while I do the same to the other wall.

Man that was cool.

I can't wait to get my real copy so I can play online again.

Just a word of advice... Do NOT underestimate the enemy in this game.

If just one spots you, you can count on having several guys flanking you from behind.
So do ALWAYS have an eye on your back.

Loke said:
Just a word of advice... Do NOT underestimate the enemy in this game.

If just one spots you, you can count on having several guys flanking you from behind.
So do ALWAYS have an eye on your back.

Definitely.

I was fighting in real tight quarters where there were stacks of boxes and stuff. Apparently there were 2 guys because one was keeping me distracted with his machine gun. He falls back. I go to chase and finish him and as I round a corner I get a shotgun blast in the back and go down. One shotgun guy had been waiting there as his buddy fell back.

Sounds pretty awesome. I already wanted it, but htis just makes me want it any more. To bad I won't get to play til Christmas. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to learn myself some patience.

I assume this is from the retail game but you guys have to see it anyways :p

Funny little easter egg pic.

I suppose if you wanna see all this stuff for yourself then don't click the link.
HERE

I wish they port it to the 360 so that I can play the game with all settings maxed..*Hits comp and cries*

Stop This, You People That Got The Game Early Are Making Me Go Insane!

I assume that is why your typing caps for the first letter in each word?

That's what happens when you try to type in all caps :p

Haha! Damn...I just realized that it gets released on tuesday! damn...

one bad thing is the levels are quite the same in structure...

So far I would give this game 9,5/10.

The game really pulls you into it and you don't want ever to stop playing. And it's really exciting, especially some missions where you don't encounter any enemies. Really awesome feeling. :)
Although it's not as scary as Doom 3 imo, I still prefer the horror elements in this game over Doom 3.

And btw, the battles are really awesome. But I guess all of you already knew that. ;)

AmishSlayer said:
I assume this is from the retail game but you guys have to see it anyways :p

Funny little easter egg pic.

I suppose if you wanna see all this stuff for yourself then don't click the link.
HERE
What's so easter eggish about it?

JellyWorld said:
What's so easter eggish about it?
it's an easter egg because it's a joke about the movie Office Space that doesn;t really have anything to do with F.E.A.R. but was placed there for comedic value

Icarusintel said:
it's an easter egg because it's a joke about the movie Office Space that doesn;t really have anything to do with F.E.A.R. but was placed there for comedic value

There was something similar in Far Cry - a conversation between 2 of the mercenaries taken straight out of office space :)

Back on topic - my friend finished FEAR in 10 hours on hard. He said it's fun, but there's not a great deal to it. I'm certainly going to check it out, but am not in a massive rush.

the AI is soooooooooooo impressive, especially compared to HL2

it's the best action FPS ever, but HL2's better

Back