Gamespot Age of Conan Beta weekend sign up

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
you go now:

http://www.gamespot.com/test/ageofconan/

Get a sneak preview of one of the season's most highly anticipated games by signing up for the Age of Conan PVP Beta Weekend, occurring April 18-20.

You'll be among the first to experience the barbaric world of Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. Imagine an entire weekend filled with amazing and action-filled player vs player battles fit for the world's greatest fantasy hero.

Registration for the Age of Conan PVP Beta Weekend begins April 9 and we have 15,000 keys to giveaway. Invitees will be notified by email on April 16.

Thanks for the heads up. I got registered. Hopefully I get in so I can decide if I want to get this game or just miss it.

a reminder: this is the PVP test ..so it's not the entire game: you start as a lvl 20 character and play through pvp games

They should really run a system test because I lied about almost everything.

meh no skin off their back if you get 3fps :E

one questiong about conan stuff

I got a interest on it but when I go to those comics stores there is hundreds of versions like saga,the legend of conan,world of conan,conan the pirate bla bla and I dont feel like getting them all so which is the "original" version?

I'm all signed up.

I still wish I would have gotten access to the beta before it launched. :-\

Hopefully they will have a "try the game for X days" shortly after or on launch

one questiong about conan stuff

I got a interest on it but when I go to those comics stores there is hundreds of versions like saga,the legend of conan,world of conan,conan the pirate bla bla and I dont feel like getting them all so which is the "original" version?

you're living in spain right? well the original was in english so all of them are reprints of the english versions ...Conan saga may be similiar to a north american comic by the same name that reprinted some of the early Conan the Barbarian from the 70's ..I'd recommend that ..also if there's something called "la espada salvaje de conan" ..get that

I'm all signed up.

I still wish I would have gotten access to the beta before it launched. :-\

Hopefully they will have a "try the game for X days" shortly after or on launch

I'll post my impressions once NDA is lifted/release date

Looks like it's too late to sign up now?

There's speculation that those in the technical beta will be allowed into the PVP beta, but I signed up anyways for good measure.

btw here are some details about the beta weekend:

To make the weekend even more interesting Eidos and Funcom also includes the engaging Age of Conan character creation system, allowing players to create avatars with strong personalities. All 12 classes in the game, including the barbarian, can be picked and tested, with Funcom transforming each character into a fully specced level 20 death machine. In PvP lobbies players can then chat and socialize, prior to entering PvP matches. Participants are urged to test different classes, and offer any feedback on the forums. There will also be forums on GameSpot.com where people can talk about the event, and Funcom staff will be present to gather feedback.

character creation is pretty cool ..better than oblivions imho

Well maybe I need glasses but I don't see any buttons or links labelled "sign me up"

you have to sign in to gamespot first (free account)

you're right ..they must have taken down the join beta button ..when the first beta sign up was announced they received more than a 100K submissions in 24 hours ..perhaps they've already met their 15,000 quota ...sorry

Ah, thought that might be it.
Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait till May after all.

there's an open beta coming and more beta weekends

Aye, but they'll likely be too close to my exams unfortunately.

There's speculation that those in the technical beta will be allowed into the PVP beta, but I signed up anyways for good measure.

This would be very nice. I just received information about the Gamespot beta now due to midterms and lack-of-checking game news.

Aye, but they'll likely be too close to my exams unfortunately.

In the same boat, mate :(

WTF I can't see where to sign up on there?

EDIT: Ahh screw it, I don't have time. so busy.

I signed up, but I'm not really looking forward to this game. Maybe if I get accepted and play it, I'll like it.

It is the same thing as QFT. Basically I agree with his statement and am either too lazy to write my own variation out, or I cant think of any way to improve on his statement.

I just signed up...if I get in this best be good Stern ;)

Aaaah registration is open again :)

I wonder why... maybe it turned out that a bunch of the apps they got on the first day were botted or something?

I just signed up...if I get in this best be good Stern ;)

hey not my responsibility if you cant see the awesomeness ;)

although to be honest, I'm not sure if pvp beta is the best introduction to AoC for new players

hey not my responsibility if you cant see the awesomeness ;)

although to be honest, I'm not sure if pvp beta is the best introduction to AoC for new players

Haha...well it looks good from what I have seen, but MMOs generally ain't my thing...mainly because of the monthly monies :(

Haha...well it looks good from what I have seen, but MMOs generally ain't my thing...mainly because of the monthly monies :(

Yea, being a poor student does not help at all. Plus the time sink doesn't help tbh.

I've heard bad things about this game, it has PLAYER COLLISION

Back