Gold Package just arrived, yay!

I don't think you are :p, I think you're getting the one that was labeled HL2, but it was the HL1 music.

BTW, any more weapon, vehicle, or (maybe) enemy questions? I won't read the walkthrough part though, I need to preserve something :p.

I wish I bought the Gold package ;(

I hope there are plans to make an upgrade option in Steam now that we all want the Gold package :p

Read all Comments now , Thanks to UnmarkedOne ;)
I ordered the Gold Package too ! Anone got an Idea how long it will take to deliver to Germany ?

I'll stick with silver. i can probably get the sound track made myself later, and I can get the strat guide in any gameshop or online.

f'n killer. I hope my gold package shows up tomorrow.

It's friggin' thin cardboard?

What the hell?

The box that ships with gold is thin cardboard? The box from the standard edition looks better than this one.

When the ad on Steam said "Collector's Edition Box" and showed the picture, I thought the thing would at least be the same quality as a store bought collector's - only a different design.

Hang on, the picture of the strategy guide looks mega thick - I thought it was a sampler?

azz0r said:
Hang on, the picture of the strategy guide looks mega thick - I thought it was a sampler?

That's only with the boxed CE, the gold Steam package comes with the full strategy guide (not Raising The Bar though).

SWEET! Now I know what to expect when my Gold package arrives . . . and I can't wait! Hey, I think the box looks mint, not cheap!

The Strategy Guide in the Gold package is the whole thing, not a sampler. It's the CE that comes with a sampler.

Basically I'd say Gold is the ultimate package, except for the fact that it doesn't come with a T-Shirt or the actual game on CDs. But if you burn your own CDs and print off some nice labels, all you're missing is the T-Shirt.

You know, it's funny . . . but back when I played the original Half-Life, I never heard the soundtrack while playing. I didn't even know there was a soundtrack on the CD until a while ago. So I listened to it lately, and thought it was pretty damn cool. I can't wait for the HL2 soundtrack CD now! :bounce:

KagePrototype said:
That's only with the boxed CE, the gold Steam package comes with the full strategy guide (not Raising The Bar though).

Cool, Ive got raising the bar preordered so its cool.

I hope my strat guide doesnt arrive before the 16th, the temptation would be too much :p

azz0r said:
Cool, Ive got raising the bar preordered so its cool.

I hope my strat guide doesnt arrive before the 16th, the temptation would be too much :p
Mine arrived this morning. There's a CS Source section in the back if you're really impatient. I've now stuck it under a big stack of books. Should be enough to keep me away.

omg alot of spoliers tags in this thread, MUST RISIST !! :x

Thanks Unmarked one for the pics :D

JimmehH said:
Mine arrived this morning. There's a CS Source section in the back if you're really impatient. I've now stuck it under a big stack of books. Should be enough to keep me away.

Are you in the UK?

Has anyone in the UK got there copy yet?

azz0r said:
Are you in the UK?

Has anyone in the UK got there copy yet?
I am in the UK and I have got my gold package.

Have you tried the FedEx thing?

It should arrive soonish. They came in via Stansted so it might take a while to get to Birmingham.

the soundtrack is ****ing awesome! :E

and oh so tempted to start reading the strategy guide :eek:

apparently mine is:

"Nov 10, 2004 8:10 AM At local FedEx facility FELTHAM GB"

heres my stuff :)

book.JPG

chapters.JPG

gold.JPG

Oh, and just to let you all know... that water type alien we saw at E3 ( 2003 )

Is not in half life 2, I know for sure as ive looked up all enemies in the strategy book with my gold package, sorry guys :/

wizard, please warn people of spoilers in your second pic.

oops, sorry i forgot.... i cant edit the post either SPOILERS IN 2ND PIC!

SORRY!

Has anyone else gotten it? if so could you take a look at the strategy guide and make sure that the hydra isn't in the game?

abconners said:
Has anyone else gotten it? if so could you take a look at the strategy guide and make sure that the hydra isn't in the game?

It's not in, Cliffe confirmed it on these forums at least a month ago. Just accept it already! :p

it was me that started that 'no more hydra?' thread. man it sucks that lil guy aint there :(

Bah, wonder why they cut it out? It looked like the scene with it in from the binks was complete. Very odd.

If the FedEx thing isn't working, then that means your package probably hasn't been shipped yet. It doesn't work for me, either.

I think the Gold Packages are being shipped on a first come, first serve basis. The earliest orders are being shipped first. Which means I'll probably have to wait a bit. ;(

Gah! I ordered within like 2 minutes of it being available!

cool pics about your gold edition.

does having the gold editon makes you sort of feel that you have half life2 already? it would to me

Dr0ndeh said:
apparently mine is:

"Nov 10, 2004 8:10 AM At local FedEx facility FELTHAM GB"

Feltham? that's a 5 minute walk from me. slip me a fiver and i'll go bust your copy out for you :p

Has it been confirmed that those 11 weapons are all there are?

Back