Gold Package just arrived, yay!

A.I. said:
w00t 111111oneoneone I loved that friggin' track so much 11111eleven I'm listening to it even nowadays. That's so sweet. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

hehe.. thougt Hl2 was a shooting game with many weapons, not a disco with many music tracks to hear at... :sleep: ok i will stop this madness now. Hopefully it will be over when wake up tomorow morning. Night...

whats happening guys,

is someone playing the game already ?

update me please ?

PooSlice said:
So do you have the HL2 cd or only the soundtrack or what?

Read above, all your questions are answered earlier in the thread :D

-UnmarkedOne

Well Ive read it from the start but all i seem to remember is a someone else saying "yeah he got the real cd" but I dont recall you saying it. So could you, pretty please? :D

Valor5 said:
Gorgon, read the spoilers...

cheers m8, I was browasing through the thread quickly

unmarked dud u are a good guy,

thanks alot m8 for your awsome pics and info. :D

Unmarked so basically you only got the Sound track cd, hat and prima book ?

You get three Half-Life 2 posters, full strategy guide, soundtrack, hat, collector's box, postcard, and eleven different games, including originals and remakes, in the Gold package.

Thanks for the pics :thumbs:
(not i'm wishing that i had got gold instead of silver ;( )

when you get the gravity gun upgrade, does it become like the blue beam in the techdemo level that picked up bodies and other such things?

notice how in "The Incredibles" the evil incrediboy used a zero point gravity weapon on his hand!

Someone already asked this but no one answered... can you upgrade from Silver to Gold? Probably not, worth asking though...
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Valve made the boxes available to order from them after the game's released. I hope so.

dammit!!I haven't seen the incredibles yet...grrr spoilers...;)

and as far as I know you can upgrade your steam order

T.H.C.138 said:
dammit!!I haven't seen the incredibles yet...grrr spoilers...;)

and as far as I know you can upgrade your steam order
Hmm, if you can, I can't find where to do it.

Also, you could play the HL1 disc in any stereo to listen to the soundtrack, I suppose there's very little chance of being able to do that this time around?
Not that it matters for me, I got Silver... wish I got Gold... dammit.

Thanks for the info guys. :D

Starting to get (a little) excited about Half Life 2 again.

peolpe are seeming to forget that u can do all kinds of crazy stuff with the grav gun so the number of Wepons is fine if u ask me

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Hmm, if you can, I can't find where to do it.

Also, you could play the HL1 disc in any stereo to listen to the soundtrack, I suppose there's very little chance of being able to do that this time around?
Not that it matters for me, I got Silver... wish I got Gold... dammit.
There's more chance actually as I think it's just an audio CD rather than the mixed data/audio that HL1 was.

If you just go about ordering the Gold package it will recognise that you already have silver/bronze and just charge you the difference. I think.

JimmehH said:
There's more chance actually as I think it's just an audio CD rather than the mixed data/audio that HL1 was.

If you just go about ordering the Gold package it will recognise that you already have silver/bronze and just charge you the difference. I think.
I think I'll email Valve a little later about it.

JimmehH is correct,my friend had an ATI voucher and used that,clicked on the gold package and payed the difference..

?

Those Cd that followed with your pack, is that the client?

Well nice things in there.
It reminds me of my disguist of them not including the soundtrack CD with the Collectors Edition............
:mad:

can anyone else who has the strategy guide confirm that weapon list that was stated earlier? i am having trouble believing it since we already knew about ALL of those weapons before. why would valve show us all the weapons that we are going to use? that just just doesn't make too much sense.

meninblck said:
when you get the gravity gun upgrade, does it become like the blue beam in the techdemo level that picked up bodies and other such things?

notice how in "The Incredibles" the evil incrediboy used a zero point gravity weapon on his hand!

Congratulations! You managed to post spoilers for a game I haven't played and a film I haven't seen yet, and all in one post! Way to go! Whoot! Amazing work!

Gorgon said:
Unmarked so basically you only got the Sound track cd, hat and prima book ?

Yeah, I got everything that comes with the Gold package(more than I expected considering how many tracks are on the soundtrack CD) this morning, so now all I'm waiting on is the game to unlock on the 16th.

PooSlice said:
Well Ive read it from the start but all i seem to remember is a someone else saying "yeah he got the real cd" but I dont recall you saying it. So could you, pretty please? :D

I mentioned it a few pages back, but I will admit it's a long thread already. The Gold package (one that arrived today) is a Steam-only purchase, and comes with a box, soundtrack, hat, sticker, posters, and strat guide. It includes HL2, HL:S, DoD:S, and CS:S but those are downloaded rather than shipped on CDs/DVD.

-UnmarkedOne

Kaspersen said:
Those Cd that followed with your pack, is that the client?

Negative. The CD included with the Gold package, if that's what you're referring to, only has the soundtrack on it. All the games you get with your Steam purchase are downloaded (and can be re-downloaded and easily burned to CD/DVD if you want a physical copy).

-UnmarkedOne

I am still glad I only bought the silver, the strat guide is about the only decent thing I have seen in the gold package so far and I am not sure I would even like to use it.

You would think they would at least give you a nice dvd or something of the game backuped onto dvd.

theyoyoman said:
I am still glad I only bought the silver, the strat guide is about the only decent thing I have seen in the gold package so far and I am not sure I would even like to use it.

You would think they would at least give you a nice dvd or something of the game backuped onto dvd.
Strategy guide looks interesting to read after completing the game. The Prima guides are usually very in depth.

Also: the hat is damn cool. I hope it fits. I have a big head.

How big can the hat be adjusted?

enemies list anyone?

and there are more weapons, I'm sure...

rrm said:
enemies list anyone?

and there are more weapons, I'm sure...

Lol man why? Why after waiting literally years to play this game would you spoil one of the best surprises 6 days before it's out? Please be respectful of the other people here who are trying to avoid seeing spoilers as well. I know it's tempting but it'll be so much cooler if you find out for yourself while playing the game.

-UnmarkedOne

unmarked did u ever get to school or did u just skip out when u opened this box

rofl course he has the game he pre loaded it from steam n bought the gold edition :p

:naughty: We all have 7 days... not to live! But until Hl2 comes out!

iamaelephant said:
I'll be keeping my eyes on suprnova for the soundtrack, although I strongly doubt I'll like it. I hate techno and "moody" music, and I doubt there will be any rock and roll on there.

Yep, definitely worth looking for, would be nice to hear the music b4 I think to get into the HL2 mood :)
It might even be there now, who knows????

mezz said:
Yep, definitely worth looking for, would be nice to hear the music b4 I think to get into the HL2 mood :)
It might even be there now, who knows????
It is... I am getting it now! :D

Is it against the rules to say that?

/me is scared.

Back